The Student Room Group

A-Level Coursework and Exams

For A2 History coursework this year I’m aware my grade is an A and I believe it accounts for 20-25% of the final grade. I was hoping to get solid Bs in the exams and fall back on coursework to get a good grade. However 2/3 history exams in, I don’t think I’ve performed at a B-grade, feels more like I’m getting Cs...

I need an AB to get into Uni and right now I don’t know if a B is secure for History. Will coursework push my overall grade up or have any difference?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by MusicBot
For A2 History coursework this year I’m aware my grade is an A and I believe it accounts for 20-25% of the final grade. I was hoping to get solid Bs in the exams and fall back on coursework to get a good grade. However 2/3 history exams in, I don’t think I’ve performed at a B-grade, feels more like I’m getting Cs...

I need an AB to get into Uni and right now I don’t know if a B is secure for History. Will coursework push my overall grade up or have any difference?

It will obviously contribute, 20-25% worth. I would try and concentrate on your last History exam. You can never really tell how any exams have really gone, especially something like the History exam. Concentrate, get your head down, and you will be okay! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Evil Homer
You can never really tell how any exams have really gone, especially something like the History exam.

Hypothetically speaking, if I ended up with a C overall in exams, would the coursework actually change it?

Quick Reply

Latest