The Student Room Group

Phone Not Charging

So I have an iPhone 6s, it’s second hand but has given me almost no problems so far. However, sometimes it won’t charge. Whenever I charge it using my power bank it works just fine, but when I use my computer it doesn’t seem to work anymore unless I hold the end of it inside my phone at an angle. It doesn’t seem to charge when I connect it to a plug socket. The charging symbol doesn’t come up but the battery goes up and down anyways. I left it charging overnight from 1% (connected to the mains) and I woke up with it on 39%. Does anyone know what my problem is here? Maybe it’s the charger I’m using???
(edited 5 years ago)
It’s probably your cable , I’d say buy a new cable.
Original post by susu66s
It’s probably your cable , I’d say buy a new cable.

I had this problem with my old cable I think. As soon as I switched to a new one it started working, but this was only a few months back and the cable is still pretty new in good condition. I can’t afford to keep buying new cables lol
Normally if you remove your cables by like pulling them from the wire instead of the part that plugs into your phone, you can damage them. That’s happened to me multiple times so I’d say just to be safe , you should buy a new one😁
Original post by susu66s
Normally if you remove your cables by like pulling them from the wire instead of the part that plugs into your phone, you can damage them. That’s happened to me multiple times so I’d say just to be safe , you should buy a new one😁

Ok thanks
Reply 5
Take it out, blow on both the USB port and cable and try again
Do the same on the other side of the cable

This just gets rid of dust
Original post by IDOZ
Take it out, blow on both the USB port and cable and try again
Do the same on the other side of the cable

This just gets rid of dust

Tried it nothing happened unfortunately :frown:
Where are you purchasing your cables from?
Original post by RussianQuestion
Where are you purchasing your cables from?

One came with the phone so I used that for a while then my dad had bought some not sure where from though. But he bought 2 of the same kind and his had been working perfectly for longer than mine
Original post by Y11_Maths
One came with the phone so I used that for a while then my dad had bought some not sure where from though. But he bought 2 of the same kind and his had been working perfectly for longer than mine

Would either recommend official cables or Amazon Basic's one... the latter is certified and hasn't failed me yet.
Original post by RussianQuestion
Would either recommend official cables or Amazon Basic's one... the latter is certified and hasn't failed me yet.

Ok thank you
Reply 11
Tried it nothing happened unfortunately :frown:

Try another USB port
Or a different charger

Do you have a case? If so, try taking it off
Original post by IDOZ
Try another USB port
Or a different charger

Do you have a case? If so, try taking it off

I used my dads charger and it’s works on mine. But my charger also works on his and not mine so I don’t know what’s happening
Reply 13
I used my dads charger and it’s works on mine. But my charger also works on his and not mine so I don’t know what’s happening

Gonna go back to the original thing:
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Original post by IDOZ
Gonna go back to the original thing:
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Yeah makes no difference. Honestly don’t know what’s wrong with it
Reply 15
Yeah makes no difference. Honestly don’t know what’s wrong with it

Try charging a family members phone with the cable
If it works it’ll be be your phone
If not, it’ll be the cable
Original post by IDOZ
Try charging a family members phone with the cable
If it works it’ll be be your phone
If not, it’ll be the cable

I have it worked on my dads IPhone. And his charger worked on mine. My own charger works in a power bank I use but not in the plug socket it makes no sense to me
Reply 17
That happened to me and then eventually it stopped charging at all so I got the charging port replaced for about £30 and it's fine now. Have you tried cleaning out the charging port? Use a toothpick maybe sometimes a lot of dust can get in there
Original post by quack.
That happened to me and then eventually it stopped charging at all so I got the charging port replaced for about £30 and it's fine now. Have you tried cleaning out the charging port? Use a toothpick maybe sometimes a lot of dust can get in there

Next time it stops working I’ll try clean it out then might get it fixed
Reasons and solutions for iPhone not being powered:

1. The user uses a non-original charger or data cable to charge the mobile phone. When the mobile phone detects that the charger or the data cable has not passed the official certification of Apple, it will refuse to charge and display the uncertified prompt. This situation can only replace the original charger or data cable to normal charge.

2. If it is not the problem of the charger and the data cable, it may be caused by a problem with the battery of the mobile phone that the battery cannot be charged. Therefore, it is necessary to contact the after-sales battery to solve the problem.

3. Mobile phone system problems will also lead to charge can not charge, you can press and hold the home button and power button at the same time to force the restart of the mobile phone, after normal restart can be restored to normal; if necessary, you can also restore the phone system to the factory settings or upgrade to the latest version to solve.

4. Mobile phone hardware problems will lead to charge can not charge, such as charging port failure, motherboard chip failure, internal circuit short circuit or open circuit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending