The Student Room Group

National Crime Agency Trainee Intelligence/Investigator

Scroll to see replies

Hi all,

I found out that I didn't pass the trainee online test I can only think this is down to the number of applicants and also the rest I figured is more towards higher education.

Can anyone shed any tips or experiences with the online assesments, I even applied for the other support role but again one of the tests shape etc was very hard.
Original post by Marcy2014
Hi all,

I found out that I didn't pass the trainee online test I can only think this is down to the number of applicants and also the rest I figured is more towards higher education.

Can anyone shed any tips or experiences with the online assesments, I even applied for the other support role but again one of the tests shape etc was very hard.

I’m sorry you didn’t get offered an interview.
I am still waiting to hear back so I’m not sure any advise from me will help. I didn’t think the online test was good - i personally struggle with the shape test every time I do it. I have a degree and I would say I have a pretty good take on most things but I literally can’t get my head around the shape test - I’ve done hundreds of example ones over the years to try and get what it means but no! So basically everyone has there strengths and weaknesses so don’t be too downhearted - im sure there is something perfect out there for you 😊
Thank you for your comments I hope you have passed and everyone else I think your right about the strength elements.
Has anyone else heard anything back yet? 🙄
Passed online tests and AC booked. I found out yday too like the other poster

Hi all,

Yeah the shapes and pattern stuff is hard. Look up inductive/diagrammatic reasoning tests. On assessementday.co.uk there are 2 good practise ones with explanations.
Original post by Curious_G

Yeah the shapes and pattern stuff is hard. Look up inductive/diagrammatic reasoning tests. On assessementday.co.uk there are 2 good practise ones with explanations.

Thanks I had a look but it looks super confusing I know there's a method to these tests i.e focussing on changes to shapes etc. Shall just have to hope the other role isn't so strict with pass criteria!
Looking like next week now right?
Looks like next week now
Reply 28
Just had mine to say I had passed everything and will be invited to an assessment, date to be confirmed later this month
Same as above. I know a couple of posters have the AC booked already so they might be able to shed some light on things - well done everyone 😊
Original post by CJM13
Because I heard back? They might be staggered though I guess?

Original post by Curious_G

Do you guys mind sharing when your AC is booked for? Did you apply for the same location 😊
Original post by shell_xx_shell
Do you guys mind sharing when your AC is booked for? Did you apply for the same location 😊

Unfortunately, I think most of us probably aren't going to share much more information at this stage due to the nature of the job.

Best of luck at your assessment centre though!
Original post by CJM13
Unfortunately, I think most of us probably aren't going to share much more information at this stage due to the nature of the job.

Best of luck at your assessment centre though!

It was only asking when your AC was - a simple next week or in 2 weeks would have been fine - I wasn’t asking for exact time and location. I guess it’s trying to work out how much notice you get before and I asked if you both applied for the same location for those waiting to try and understand where they are with the process

Yes I’m totally getting being confidential but I didn’t think anything I asked would cause any issue - no worries tho - good luck 👍
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Babs1983
I received an email saying im through to assessment day but to wait for a further email detailing when it will be. Applied for scotland but unsure where i would be based. Any ideas?
I realise with confidentiality etc its difficult to discuss much but wondering if anyone else had applied for scotland as well.

Well done you did better than me I didn't get passed online assessment
Well done you did better than me I didn't get passed online assessment

It was a hard test to be fair to you.
It didn't help I wasn't sure what to practice before I think those tests are more like high education standard. Hopefully the other role isn't so strict.
Original post by Lucy Moo
Hey guys, I applied for a support assistant role and now after doing the online tests I have been invited to do a video interview. As from what I can see on here, you guys are going to assessment days, but maybe some of you have done a video interview for NCA, and could shed some light on how I would need to prepare for it - I’ve never had a video interview before, and it’s my first time applying for a job at NCA too 😧

NCA are ultimately civil service. Just look up the competencies they assess you in via the civil service framework and prepare that way and a bit of history behind the org just in case they ask you about what you know about NCA. The website and a google search is enough.

Good luck!
How’s everyone getting on?
I’m sure we should start to hear back soon!
Hoping to hear something back pretty soon, they did say the end of June which is very quickly approaching. I still don't have a clue what to expect from the assessment centre. 🤷*♀️
Same here shakers33. What area are you applying for? Im scotland but it doesnt have a specific location so wondering where the hell i could end up potentially haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending