The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Paper 3- Unified Physics

Who else is ready to get fisted into oblivion tomorrow

Scroll to see replies

if it's anything like last year we all better get the lube out to prepare for the absolute fisting we're gonna receive
I'm ready to be bummed....
Any ideas on topics? Can't remember what was in the last two that well?:banana2:
Reply 3
tbh i have no idea what will come up
i wouldnt be suprised if half of the exam isn't even on our spec
think ima need some heavy duty lube
maybe materials and simple harmonic motion??
Reply 6
I reckon they'll have binding energy and some electromagnetic stuff as there wasn't much of that on the last two
I'm just gonna accept the L. Nothing much I can do at this point. Really deep how only OCR have a unified paper, AQA and the others have a whole paper dedicated to uncertainties and experiments!
Gonna take a fat L tomorrow, I'm predicting questions on SHM/springs, magnetic/electric fields, thermal physics and nuclear physics. Add in 2 6 markers based on electricity and medical physics to round it off. At least grade boundaries will be low again hopefully. It was only 39 for an A and 32 for a B last year out of 70.
Original post by MilgramOfKet
Who else is ready to get fisted into oblivion tomorrow

I didn't get fisted into oblivion
That unified was great
Original post by MichaelScully99
That unified was great

HARDLY
Well it was much better than last years
It was better than I thought it was gonna be, but then again, that's not really saying much given that I expected it to be as bad as last year's
Reply 14
I didn’t get the answer for the ke I got something like 97.7 eV which is not wayyyy less than 100eV ! Also I didn’t get the 5.3m length and the sgw(what on earth is an sgw!?!?) also the orbital drawings and the drawing of the emf graph I messed up on. The 6 markers was nice though compared to last year. However what did people get for the current I got 0.04 something ??? Damn I really hope this paper didn’t bring my grade down. Also what on Earth was that question about tilted card? I’m so confused! Why does OCR HAVE TO WRITE PARAGRAPHS LIKE HALF OF MY TIME IS WASTED READING AND UNDERSTANDING THE QUESTION. I don’t want to repeat physics next year. I can just pray for a miracle at this point 😭
Original post by Fifieee
I didn’t get the answer for the ke I got something like 97.7 eV which is not wayyyy less than 100eV ! Also I didn’t get the 5.3m length and the sgw(what on earth is an sgw!?!?) also the orbital drawings and the drawing of the emf graph I messed up on. The 6 markers was nice though compared to last year. However what did people get for the current I got 0.04 something ??? Damn I really hope this paper didn’t bring my grade down. Also what on Earth was that question about tilted card? I’m so confused! Why does OCR HAVE TO WRITE PARAGRAPHS LIKE HALF OF MY TIME IS WASTED READING AND UNDERSTANDING THE QUESTION. I don’t want to repeat physics next year. I can just pray for a miracle at this point 😭

Used C=πD then something something to get 5.3
Last question I got 1.7x10^-5 which is probably wrong coz I did it in one step using Q=net then I=Q/t

Hope for the best and god bless
I still found it a challenging paper but I would say it was much nicer than last years and the specimen papers.

Managed to get 5.3m for the length but had no idea about the part after that.
I got around 2.7eV for the <3eV which I guess is promising haha
I got current to be 0.33 for the last question by using n*e to get total charge and then I=Q/T

Hope it went well for everyone :smile:
Not sure if I got 0.33 or 0.033 for the last one but that's a good start.

I got 2.2M for the mass of the star.

It was a pretty good paper much easier than the last ones but I expect the grade boundaries to be a far amount higher.
Reply 18
What did people get for the question about the card not passing through the light gate at 90 degrees? Were the larger v squared values more affected than the smaller ones so g too high?
Original post by Study55
What did people get for the question about the card not passing through the light gate at 90 degrees? Were the larger v squared values more affected than the smaller ones so g too high?

I said the length is decreased so V is read as increased yadah yadah v^2 is proportional to g so an increase in v leads to a higher experimental value of g and that this is a systematic error

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending