The Student Room Group

Edexcel Psychology A Level: Paper Three 14/06/2018 [Exam Discussion]

wth was that lmao
Got to say we got quite lucky with animal studies as the 20 marker though!
Reply 2
Original post by MSRHME
wth was that lmao

A good paper
Reply 3
Original post by Jjc1987
A good paper
r u ok social control wastson n raine lmao what a big fat JOKE
Original post by MSRHME

This confused me at first as I thought it was social control within the studies but it was how the findings of the studies could be used to implement social control, tricky
Original post by Jessicalayelle
Got to say we got quite lucky with animal studies as the 20 marker though!

That was a very nice 20 marker, overall I thought the paper was the best out of the 3 but that doesn't say much tbh
Reply 6
So..
The question with the psychological source based on the lecture note study 4 marker, what did you put?
I seem like the only one who hated the 20 marker. I wrote about generalisablity to humans, keeping them in good conditions, not having an unnecessary amount of animals, cost benefit and endangered animals are off limits but couldn't think of anything else. Wrote way too little I think.

I actually really liked the Watson and rayner + raine question. Really easy.

And the communication question I came back to last because I couldn't think of anything at first but then thought of some stuff at the end.

Funniest thing was my psych teacher went over peer review for the first time yesterday saying it was unlikely the come up but just in case and then it did!

Pleased overall, think the second paper was better but paper 3 was better than paper 1.
Reply 8
Original post by BitOfIntellect
I seem like the only one who hated the 20 marker. I wrote about generalisablity to humans, keeping them in good conditions, not having an unnecessary amount of animals, cost benefit and endangered animals are off limits but couldn't think of anything else. Wrote way too little I think.

I actually really liked the Watson and rayner + raine question. Really easy.

And the communication question I came back to last because I couldn't think of anything at first but then thought of some stuff at the end.

Funniest thing was my psych teacher went over peer review for the first time yesterday saying it was unlikely the come up but just in case and then it did!

Pleased overall, think the second paper was better but paper 3 was better than paper 1.

What did you write for peer review if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by ajaynex
What did you write for peer review if you don't mind me asking?

I wrote about what a peer review was so I talked about sending it off to make sure they're aren't any mistakes or that the research isn't just a bunch of lies and then I just compared the study that we got in the question to the criteria we got above the question. I said it was likely to be approved because the study was for educational purposes and used quantitive data etc
Original post by stellaella
What did everyone get for the Mann Whitney U value??

26 or something?
Reply 11
Original post by MSRHME

Really liked the question just had to talk about Watson and Raynor showing how humans can be classically conditioned allowing for treatments of phobia with examples of systematic desensitisation
Original post by Jjc1987
Really liked the question just had to talk about Watson and Raynor showing how humans can be classically conditioned allowing for treatments of phobia with examples of systematic desensitisation

Mine was mainly about bad social control, talked about classical conditioning being used in advertising to somewhat brainwash people into liking products because they are paired with something good, and also pairing unwanted behaviour in society with a bad punishment idk it was all weird but all applicable form either stance!
Reply 13
Original post by Jjc1987

yeah i did that but how the hell was i supposed to drag that on for 16 marks😭 was just absolutely BEGGING it for most of mybpoints

Quick Reply

Latest