The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Mathematics: Core Mathematics C3 6665 01 - 19 June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

This poll is closed

How did you find the exam?

Amazing :woo: 11%
Good :H 28%
Okay :bebored: 30%
Bad :cry2: 18%
HORRIBLE PAPER :@14%
Total votes: 1586
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi

Im attaching the 2017 C3 Edexcel exam. In blue circles are the final answers which i believe are correct. Note there are some questions without answers, reason being is that i was unsure if the answer is correct. Hope this helps and good luck for the exam! C4 2017 coming soon on this link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11qRMjLrFqNLk20uE2QkvP3NEz5VohaFO
(edited 6 years ago)
7b should be x<= -1/root(11) , 1/root(11)<= x

7c is y' = 1/[2root(e^(2x) -1)]

Interested to see you answers to Q9
Hows everyone feeling about this paper?
Reply 4
Original post by xxxtentacion..
Hows everyone feeling about this paper?

Have had literally no time to revise so not good aha! How about you?
Original post by p29s
Have had literally no time to revise so not good aha! How about you?

Me too I havent touched C3 in agess :frown: Better make the most out of this weekend, same for C4
Reply 6
Original post by xxxtentacion..
Me too I havent touched C3 in agess :frown: Better make the most out of this weekend, same for C4

Yeah ikr, going to be a struggle as I have two exams on Monday too. Hopefully D1 will boost my grade a bit aha
Are you guys gonna do the solomon papers ? I've done like a bit of the edexcel papers and now im doing solomon but i dont feel ready at all :s-smilie:
Original post by p29s
Yeah ikr, going to be a struggle as I have two exams on Monday too. Hopefully D1 will boost my grade a bit aha

you're doing D1 too? how.do you feel for that tomorrow? I've not touched revision for it 😭😭😭
Original post by nisha.sri
Are you guys gonna do the solomon papers ? I've done like a bit of the edexcel papers and now im doing solomon but i dont feel ready at all :s-smilie:

im gonna do solomon papers then redo the 2016 and 2017 ones closer to the exam date, hopefully that will have me prepped but idk

Dont bother with solomon theyre crap. Do IAL papers, way better practise since its actually from edexcel
Original post by surina7272
im gonna do solomon papers then redo the 2016 and 2017 ones closer to the exam date, hopefully that will have me prepped but idk

That was what i was thinking too :smile: How many solomon have you done ?

Original post by rhaegar448
Dont bother with solomon theyre crap. Do IAL papers, way better practise since its actually from edexcel

Ahh issit. I was planning to do them too but like 1 do you think i should do more of them. Have you been doing only them ?

Ahh issit. I was planning to do them too but like 1 do you think i should do more of them. Have you been doing only them ?

Yeah pretty much all i've done. Got a couple left and it makes newer paper seem pretty calm too.
Original post by rhaegar448
Yeah pretty much all i've done. Got a couple left and it makes newer paper seem pretty calm too.

Oh ok i will be starting to do them then :smile: Thanks

Don't be put off.Solomon is way harder than the actual exams will be and is kind of a different style,my maths teacher told me when I was doing them .
As long as you are finding the actual papers ok,you should be fine :smile:.
Good luck to you on Tuesday !
Original post by bobby147
Don't be put off.Solomon is way harder than the actual exams will be and is kind of a different style,my maths teacher told me when I was doing them .
As long as you are finding the actual papers ok,you should be fine :smile:.
Good luck to you on Tuesday !

Thank you:h:
That was what i was thinking too :smile: How many solomon have you done ?

ive done around 5 of them because ive been busy with other exams but im planning to get as many of them done as possible
Can someone explain domain and range ? How do you work it out ? I havent been taught this properly :s-smilie:
Can someone explain domain and range ? How do you work it out ? I havent been taught this properly :s-smilie:

ok so the domain is the set of x values that the function can take, and the range the the set of y values of the function.
Original post by phat-chewbacca
ok so the domain is the set of x values that the function can take, and the range the the set of y values of the function.

Yeh i know that but im not sure how would calculate it like do you draw the graph ?!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending