The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Clearing 2018 - need any help? University of Bradford

Hello everyone,

Results day! Are you on the results rollercoaster?

Did you know that you can apply online without calling us? Whether you have an existing UCAS account or not, you can visit our Clearing website and complete the self-apply form. If your application is straight forward you will get an instant reply, if it is a bit more complicated our team will call or email you.

If there is no school like the old school, and you want to give us a call our call centre will be open from 06.30am - Call 0800 073 1225

Then again if you don't want to be sat on the phone and find the form too fiddly, we can also make you an offer over direct message on TSR, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Good luck everyone!
Emma P
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

clearing is 3 weeks away? i thought it was on results day
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by ben288888
clearing is 3 weeks away? i thought it was on results day

Hi :banana:

Clearing actually begins for non A-level students on July 5th.

Vacancies are updated on A-level results day.

Joe
Reply 3
What do you consider when looking for clearing students, how lenient are you on grades or are you mainly focused on 'filling numbers'.
For subjects like Law / Politics, how likely are these to enter into clearing?
Original post by Dazeo
What do you consider when looking for clearing students, how lenient are you on grades or are you mainly focused on 'filling numbers'.
For subjects like Law / Politics, how likely are these to enter into clearing?

Hi :smile:

Clearing is not only an opportunity for students to study at university despite not meeting the entry requirements, but also an opportunity for the vast majority of universities to fill some spaces.

Having said this, universities will still be looking for students who perform well academically, with some courses introducing extra interview stages for the application process.

Whilst it can be a confusing time, one of the best things about Clearing is how quickly you have a decision on a university place.

We are currently under a full restructure of our undergraduate peace studies courses, but we fully expect our undergraduate Law courses to enter Clearing.

I hope this helps :biggrin:

Joe
Reply 5
Hi,

Last year how lenient were Bradford for Pharmacy and Optometry in terms of grades when it came to Clearing? Also is it likely they will go into Clearing this year?
Thanks
Original post by Aw786
Hi,

Last year how lenient were Bradford for Pharmacy and Optometry in terms of grades when it came to Clearing? Also is it likely they will go into Clearing this year?
Thanks

We don't broadcast our entry requirements during Clearing. What we advise is that students aim to hit as close to the entry requirements as possible and contact the university when they have their results - at this point, we will consider applications on a case-by-case basis.

It may be that students will be offered an alternative course, or a foundation year perhaps. If this is not an option, students will be given advice on what they need to do in order to meet the entry requirements for a course.

We anticipate that Pharmacy will enter clearing however it is unlikely that Optometry will enter clearing 2018. However, please check our website on 5th July.

Joe
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Hi there I have applied to study computer science at Bradford uni. I am on course to reach all the conditions however one of the conditions is to have a grade 4 In maths, I have a grade 3 and have been a few marks of everytime I sat it. I have sat the GCSE maths again few weeks ago. I Just wanted to know would I still be accepted onto the course? if I have a grade 3 in maths as I will achieve the required grade along with an extra 8 ucas points. Thankyou
Original post by Tahir25
Hi there I have applied to study computer science at Bradford uni. I am on course to reach all the conditions however one of the conditions is to have a grade 4 In maths, I have a grade 3 and have been a few marks of everytime I sat it. I have sat the GCSE maths again few weeks ago. I Just wanted to know would I still be accepted onto the course? if I have a grade 3 in maths as I will achieve the required grade along with an extra 8 ucas points. Thankyou

Hi Tahir25 :smile:

As we don't have an official tariff during Clearing, I am unable to say if we could accept you with having a grade 3 in Maths (usually we would require the GCSE grades as an absolute minimum). All I can advise is that you continue to work hard and contact the university when you have your results.

I'd also like to advise you of a Functional Skills Level 2 course which is running in July. If you would like to increase your chances of meeting the entry requirements, please sign up here!

Joe
Reply 9
Original post by University of Bradford

We don't broadcast our entry requirements during Clearing. What we advise is that students aim to hit as close to the entry requirements as possible and contact the university when they have their results - at this point, wewill consider applications on a case-by-case basis.It may be that students will be offered an alternative course, or a foundation year perhaps. If this is not an option, students will be given advice on what they need to do in order to meet the entry requirements for a course

We anticipate that Pharmacy will enter clearing however it is unlikely that Optometry will enter clearing 2018. However, please check our website on 5th July.

Joe

Hi,

Sorry for the questions!
In Clearing alongside the tariff points from A level results completed in college, would A levels completed in high school or previous AS levels be included in the total tariff points to reach the entry requirements?

Thank you!
Reply 10
Hi I have put down Bradford uni as my firm choice and insurance choice for the courses computer science and software engineering. My brother graduated in 2013 with a 2:1 in software engineering. He had a d grade and he got accepted. Have you ever seen students that have requirements but one get onto their chosen course? Thankyou
Original post by Aw786
Hi,

Sorry for the questions!
In Clearing alongside the tariff points from A level results completed in college, would A levels completed in high school or previous AS levels be included in the total tariff points to reach the entry requirements?

Thank you!

Hi Aw786

Don't apologise - it can be quite stressful this time of year! :smile:

Usually we wouldn't accept previous AS levels to increase your tariff for Optometry. We can accept other A-levels but it would depend on the subject, grade and when you studied the course. While it is case-by-case, we would usually require students to meet the UCAS tariff from 3 A-levels - studied within a three year period.

For Pharmacy, it is much the same. It would depend on the subject, grade and date of completion.

However, some of our courses we can make offers based on combining historical combinations to meet the entry tariff.

All we can recommend, is that you contact the university when you receive your results and we can advise what your options are.

Cheers :h:

Joe
Original post by Tahir25
Hi I have put down Bradford uni as my firm choice and insurance choice for the courses computer science and software engineering. My brother graduated in 2013 with a 2:1 in software engineering. He had a d grade and he got accepted. Have you ever seen students that have requirements but one get onto their chosen course? Thankyou

Hi Tahir25 :smile:

Applications in Clearing are generally considered on a case-by-case basis. Entry requirements change year-on-year so whilst your brother may have got into university previously with a D grade, we are unable to say if we could definitely accept an application from you. Like I say, if you are concerned, you should look into that Functional Skills course above.

Clearing is both a time for students to get a place in university despite not meeting the entry requirements, but also a time for universities to fill places on some courses. Some courses may be flexible with the entry requirements, whereas others won't.

All we can advise is that you contact the university when you have your results and we'll advise on your options.

Joe
Reply 13
Wait, so those without A-levels get first pick of subjects and those who actually put their time into education get last pick (if any)?
Seems quite unfair.
Reply 14
Hi I sat a functionalskills level 2 maths test last month still waiting for results. Thankyou for he information.
Hi,I’d like to know which healthcare courses are likely to go into clearing.Thanks,Thomas
Original post by LL2018
Wait, so those without A-levels get first pick of subjects and those who actually put their time into education get last pick (if any)?
Seems quite unfair.

Hello :smile:

Find out more about Clearing in this Student Room article here.

Universities aren't responsible for the application cycle for undergraduate courses, including key dates etc - this is something that UCAS administer.

You can contact UCAS to discuss this in more detail here.

Joe
Original post by Tahir25
Hi I sat a functionalskills level 2 maths test last month still waiting for results. Thankyou for he information.

Good luck with that, Tahir25 :smile:

Joe
Hi,

What healthcarecourses are most likely to go in clearing for sept 2018
Original post by thomas6.
Hi,

What healthcarecourses are most likely to go in clearing for sept 2018

Hi Thomas6 :smile:

Some of our Health courses are already full - these are:

Midwifery Studies BSc, Midwifery Studies MSc, Physiotherapy BSc, Paramedic Science BSc and Diagnostic Radiography BSc - these will not be available in Clearing until 16th August at the earliest - at which point there may be limited spaces available.

Courses which are still accepting applications and we expect will go into Clearing from 5th July are:

Adult Nursing BSc, Child Nursing BSc, Mental Health Nursing BSc, MPhysio - Sports and Exercise Medicine, Occupational Therapy BSc and Public Health and Community Wellbeing BSc.

Cheers

Joe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending