The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Because they are there for the safety and security of everyone on this forum. Not you alone!
Original post by Pearlfection1
Because they are there for the safety and security of everyone on this forum. Not you alone!

What has that got to do with putting a moderator on your ignore list?
They asked why they can't block a moderator. Hence my reply.

Your reply makes no sense. Why shouldn't it be possible to put a moderator on your ignore list?

Original post by 2011teenagemom
Your reply makes no sense. Why shouldn't it be possible to put a moderator on your ignore list?

Yeah just to clarify, my question is why I can't put one on my ignore list.
You can't put them on an ignored list because that defeats the purpose of having a moderator. Moderator 's are responsible for maintaining safe and secure environment online.
You can not escape the all seeing eye.
I do think this is needed, or just a better mod team. Some of them can be rude and just not helpful.
lmaoooo mood
You can't put them on an ignored list because that defeats the purpose of having a moderator. Moderator 's are responsible for maintaining safe and secure environment online.

Yes but that makes no sense. What if you genuinely dislike them and don't want to see their posts? How does that prevent them doing their job?
Eternal mood
If they can't see your posts and you are off spouting racsim or something then they are prevented from doing their jobs. It's not just about your safety, it's about other peoples too.
Putting someone on ignore doesn’t stop them from seeing your posts. It just hides their content and stops them sending private messages.
Original post by KanyesVest
If they can't see your posts and you are off spouting racsim or something then they are prevented from doing their jobs. It's not just about your safety, it's about other peoples too.

Original post by moonkatt
Putting someone on ignore doesn’t stop them from seeing your posts. It just hides their content and stops them sending private messages.

I don't care if they see my posts. I don't want to see theirs. Do you know how ignore works?

Original post by KanyesVest

I don't care if they can see my posts or not. I don't want to see theirs. Don't you know how ignore works?
Original post by Chosen Chickpea
I don't care if they can see my posts or not. I don't want to see theirs. Don't you know how ignore works?

Clearly, I understand how it works more than you do, as I’ve been aware you’re unable to ignore the site’s staff for years.
Clearly, I understand how it works more than you do, as I’ve been aware you’re unable to ignore the site’s staff for years.

Key point here, you've had an account for years. Good for you, do you want an award? I just made mine today and obviously am not all knowledgeable about TSR. Funnily enough you still haven't answered my question. You just gave me a reply indicating you'd misunderstood my question. If you can't answer it, find me somebody who can.
Putting someone on ignore ...just hides their content and stops them sending private messages.

um yea thats the idea.
Original post by 2011teenagemom
Because as @moonkatt is demonstrating, this forum is largely run by *******s who think that just because they are in a position of power, they have the right to be *******s. Check out a post @Reality Check made a while back when he stepped down from being one of them. His OP and the subsequent replies highlight the problems with the moderators and support staff. You weren't here in the old days before TSR became a PC pile of ****.

If you hate the site so much, why are you still here?

Latest

Trending

Trending