The Student Room Group

Problems with sleep.

How do I fix my sleeping pattern? I can't seem to sleep early, I've been to the doctors many times do to sleep problems and I can't seem to get a normal routine, it's like my brain won't allow it and I'm tired of being tired, no matter how much I sleep or don't sleep I am tired, without seeing a doctor is there something I can take like pills or vitamins? Doctors won't give me anything and they're useless.
Reply 1
Original post by Queen..England
How do I fix my sleeping pattern? I can't seem to sleep early, I've been to the doctors many times do to sleep problems and I can't seem to get a normal routine, it's like my brain won't allow it and I'm tired of being tired, no matter how much I sleep or don't sleep I am tired, without seeing a doctor is there something I can take like pills or vitamins? Doctors won't give me anything and they're useless.

I got meletonin from the states and that helped me but they don’t sell it here normally
I try taking any sleep aid meds as they usually work or stuff that makes you drowsy
Original post by Pugglet
I got meletonin from the states and that helped me but they don’t sell it here normally
I try taking any sleep aid meds as they usually work or stuff that makes you drowsy

I just need something that's either going to stop me from being tired or sends me to sleep.
Reply 3
I just need something that's either going to stop me from being tired or sends me to sleep.

If you find something that makes you not feel tired please let me know- I’m constantly tired too

I try those herbal supplement things like kalms sleep or whatever
just drink a lot of caffeine and energy drinks to stop tiredness
hero*n will put u to sleep. (dont do that btw)
Original post by anonymous69gcse
just drink a lot of caffeine and energy drinks to stop tiredness
hero*n will put u to sleep. (dont do that btw)

Caffeine doesn't help me stop feeling tired.
Original post by Pugglet
If you find something that makes you not feel tired please let me know- I’m constantly tired too

I try those herbal supplement things like kalms sleep or whatever

It's probably stupid wanting to get pills online but doctors are sh*t
Reply 7
It's probably stupid wanting to get pills online but doctors are sh*t

Nah can buy them in Boots and supermarkets
have u seen a doctor about it. if so what did they do
have u seen a doctor about it. if so what did they do

Nothing just told me about some stupid sleeping app and gave me some information on sleep hygiene
Original post by Pugglet
Nah can buy them in Boots and supermarkets

They never work
f*** how do people who are permanently sleep deprived survive?
Take up fitness. Long distance running I'd suggest. It really balances you up physically (and mentally I guess). Helps with stress.
f*** how do people who are permanently sleep deprived survive?

I pretty much am 1 of those people, forever tired. It f**ks you up a lot like I've made so many mistakes, being overly tired is no different to being drunk, I've been confused and so sleep deprived I end up talking a load of random sh*t.
First you need a lifestyle overhaul.

Get yourself to the GP and ask to be tested for deficiencies in Vitamin D3, Iron and B12.

All of these will cause you to feel tired and will undermine your health overall.

Second to sleep better do the following:

Have a cut off point each night from your IPAD, phone, TV

These emit a type of blue light that stimulates the brain and keeps it awake.

Instead have a wind down routine and start with making your surroundings dark as possible.
This makes the brain wind down for sleep and light wakes you up.

Take a warm bath or shower and play some relaxing music/ listen to the radio.

Give yourself at least 1 hour to wind down before sleep.
Keep a regular routine like this and you will then notice that there is a natural point at which you start to feel tired
with your eyes literally closing and you need to go to sleep at this point immediately.

Constantly overriding the need to sleep, say by going online, ruins your natural sleep pattern.

Look at your diet and eat regular healthy meals.

Take a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement as magnesium in particular helps you to relax.

Take regular exercise even if just walking for 1/2 hour 4 times a week.

You could also go back to your GP and explain your need to improve your sleep problem.
Ask for a 5 day supply of sleeping tablets to break the pattern and end your exhaustion.

Explain what else you are trying to do help matters so that they are more helpful
Target woman GPS or Practice Nurses as they will be naturally more sympathetic to you.

Also visit Holland and Barrett for advice on natural sleep aids.

If this does not work visit your GP and ask to be referred to a sleep clinic for further investigation.

Also try " I can make you sleep" by Paul McKenna.
Original post by definethat
Take up fitness. Long distance running I'd suggest. It really balances you up physically (and mentally I guess). Helps with stress.

How will that help with sleep?
Original post by LouiseRu
First you need a lifestyle overhaul.

Get yourself to the GP and ask to be tested for deficiencies in Vitamin D3, Iron and B12.

All of these will cause you to feel tired and will undermine your health overall.

Second to sleep better do the following:

Have a cut off point each night from your IPAD, phone, TV

These emit a type of blue light that stimulates the brain and keeps it awake.

Instead have a wind down routine and start with making your surroundings dark as possible.
This makes the brain wind down for sleep and light wakes you up.

Take a warm bath or shower and play some relaxing music/ listen to the radio.

Give yourself at least 1 hour to wind down before sleep.
Keep a regular routine like this and you will then notice that there is a natural point at which you start to feel tired
with your eyes literally closing and you need to go to sleep at this point immediately.

Constantly overriding the need to sleep, say by going online, ruins your natural sleep pattern.

Look at your diet and eat regular healthy meals.

Take a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement as magnesium in particular helps you to relax.

Take regular exercise even if just walking for 1/2 hour 4 times a week.

You could also go back to your GP and explain your need to improve your sleep problem.
Ask for a 5 day supply of sleeping tablets to break the pattern and end your exhaustion.

Explain what else you are trying to do help matters so that they are more helpful
Target woman GPS or Practice Nurses as they will be naturally more sympathetic to you.

Also visit Holland and Barrett for advice on natural sleep aids.

If this does not work visit your GP and ask to be referred to a sleep clinic for further investigation.

Also try " I can make you sleep" by Paul McKenna.

I'll do that, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending