The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE prediction of grade boundaries for the sciences

What's all of your prediction for an A* in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology ? :smile:

My assumption-

Physics: 145-147 for an A*

Chemistry: 140 for an A*

Biology: 142 for an A*

Or is it just me who thinks that the grade boundaries are gonna be sky high ? :s-smilie:

@brainmaster
@Waves.123
@cieloceleste
@elizamunday02
@lil-bugaboo
@?Hannah?
@sparta_2002
@Raka_
@Ash.Nasa

What do you guys think ? (sorry to tag you, since I want you special people to predict the grade boundaries with me :tongue:)
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Missradioactive
What's all of your prediction for an A* in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology ? :smile:

My assumption-

Physics: 145-147 for an A*

Chemistry: 140 for an A*

Biology: 142 for an A*

Or is it just me who thinks that the grade boundaries are gonna be sky high ? :s-smilie:

@brainmaster
@Waves.123
@cieloceleste
@elizamunday02
@lil-bugaboo
@?Hannah?

What do you guys think ? (sorry to tag you, since I want you special people to predict the grade boundaries with me :tongue:)

thanks for making me feel special :colondollar:
i think an A star for bio is gonna be 137-145 not more than that
for chem 140-147, chemistry was pretty easy and most people found it okay
lol for physics i think 150, im sorry guys, i know it seems really high but the papers were really easy compared to other years.
btw guys how was the physics paper 2?
Original post by cieloceleste
thanks for making me feel special :colondollar:
lol for physics i think 150, im sorry guys, i know it seems really high but the papers were really easy compared to other years.
FML I feel like I flunked paper 2... esp that moment question.
(edited 5 years ago)
FML I feel like I flunked paper 2... esp that moment question.

did u get 434 something like that?
did u get 434 something like that?
that's the correct answer, and I did not get that. I messed up paper 2, and there were so many descriptive questions, I don't even know if I'll get full marks in like all of them :frown:
that's the correct answer, and I did not get that. I messed up paper 2, and there were so many descriptive questions, I don't even know if I'll get full marks in like all of them :frown:

dont worry mate! u did ur best
dont worry mate! u did ur best

don't you think 150 is kinda ridiculous ? lmao the highest ever grade boundary was 147 for an A* in Physics. I feel like it's gonna be 145 this time, since a lot of people messed up in paper 1's energy conversion fill in blanks, precision/accuracy statements confusion, etc. Plus paper 2 was full of descriptive, uncommon questions. :bubbles:
Ok I'm not special but I'll give it a try :smile:

Also I'll be referring to the regional papers which is not helpful at all if you don't take the R papers...

Bio: 135
Chem: 140
Physics: 140

Just remember grade boundaries are never as high as you think :smile:

I had physics paper 2PR today and there were two 6 markers (design experiment + hazards of overexposure to electromagnetic waves)? Not sure if I can relate to you :frown:
Reply 9
thanks for making me feel special Ibnat :colondollar:

You have to take in to consideration other people who may not be as bright as you and that can lower the grade boundaries. For me,

A* for bio would be 125-30
A*for chem would be 127-35
A* for physics would be 130-40
Original post by Harry Xu
Ok I'm not special but I'll give it a try :smile:

Also I'll be referring to the regional papers which is not helpful at all if you don't take the R papers...

Bio: 135
Chem: 140
Physics: 140

Just remember grade boundaries are never as high as you think :smile:

I had physics paper 2PR today and there were two 6 markers (design experiment + hazards of overexposure to electromagnetic waves)? Not sure if I can relate to you :frown:

oh nooo I didn't mean that you're not special, I'm so sorry ! I didn't tag you cuz you said on most threads that you do the R papers. :tongue:
I'm so sorry, Harry, I feel so cruel ! But thanks a lot for your opinions on the predictions :heart:
and I've also noticed that the R papers grade boundaries don't really differ much from the original paper grade boundaries for Edexcel IGCSE.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Zaman27
You have to take in to consideration other people who may not be as bright as you and that can lower the grade boundaries. For me,

A* for bio would be 125-30
A*for chem would be 127-35
A* for physics would be 130-40

haha I really hope your prediction turn out to be the real ones ! :smile:
How did you find the exams, overall ?
I hope that the A* grade boundary for Physics is nothing more than 140! I also messed up the moments question because I really didn’t understand it and moments are my weakest. But, I was confident that I got the second part of the question right, so we will just have to wait and see!

I’m so happy that a six marker came up on the advantages and disadvantages of renewable energy resources!
Original post by ?Hannah?
I hope that the A* grade boundary for Physics is nothing more than 140! I also messed up the moments question because I really didn’t understand it and moments are my weakest. But, I was confident that I got the second part of the question right, so we will just have to wait and see!

I’m so happy that a six marker came up on the advantages and disadvantages of renewable energy resources!

thank you so much ! Your opinion on the grade boundaries are making me feel so much better :colone:
thank you so much ! Your opinion on the grade boundaries are making me feel so much better :colone:

Honestly try not to worry about the grade you get though. As and Bs are still really good :smile: x As long as you have tried your best than that is all you can do :smile: x
Honestly try not to worry about the grade you get though. As and Bs are still really good :smile: x As long as you have tried your best than that is all you can do :smile: x
I 100000% agree with you but the amount of hard work I've put in without any single bit of laziness into the work, I'd definitely want an A*. Also, I'm actually predicted an A* in Physics, and I need it since I want to do Physics related degree in the future. Also, my teacher will be heartbroken if I don't get A* :s-smilie:
(edited 5 years ago)
I 100000% agree with you but the amount of hard work I've put in without any single bit of laziness into the work, I'd definitely want an A*. Also, I'm actually predicted an A* in Physics, and I need an A* since I want to do Physics related degree in the future. Also, my teacher will be heartbroken if I don't get A* :s-smilie:

Yeah, I feel the same tbh! I have also put so much hard work into Physics too and I would also be sad if I didn’t get the A*, aha! I feel like the harder questions in Paper 2 threw me off guard a little bit, but I am sure that lots of other people felt the same way. These papers were of a similar standard to the Jan papers though, and the grade boundary for an A* in Jan was 142 x
Yeah, I feel the same tbh! I have also put so much hard work into Physics too and I would also be sad if I didn’t get the A*, aha! I feel like the harder questions in Paper 2 threw me off guard a little bit, but I am sure that lots of other people felt the same way. These papers were of a similar standard to the Jan papers though, and the grade boundary for an A* in Jan was 142 x
it was 143 :tongue:
but anyway, who knows, it may be lower than we think ! A lot of factors play role here. For example, since it was the actual exam after we did several mocks/past papers, we actually compelled ourselves to think the exams were much easier than past papers. Also, this year the exam questions were different, which also played another role in tricking us into thinking that the exam was too easy overall. Also, if you check Twitter, it's clear that a lot of people have messed up, which may lower the grade boundaries :tongue:
Good luck ! :heart:
Are you done with your exams today ? :smile:
don't you think 150 is kinda ridiculous ? lmao the highest ever grade boundary was 147 for an A* in Physics. I feel like it's gonna be 145 this time, since a lot of people messed up in paper 1's energy conversion fill in blanks, precision/accuracy statements confusion, etc. Plus paper 2 was full of descriptive, uncommon questions. :bubbles:

i know it sounds ridiculous but most of my friends did really well hence that made me think that the grade boundary is gonna be really high.
i know it sounds ridiculous but most of my friends did really well hence that made me think that the grade boundary is gonna be really high.

my friends did well too :rofl:

how was your pure maths paper 1 exam though ? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending