The Student Room Group

Why do so many girls dislike football?

Scroll to see replies

It’s just a bunch of guys running around after a ball. Boooooo. It’s just so over rated for what it’s worth. I’d rather watch something more stimulating.
In saying that, I absolutely love Rugby.
Men like sports more because they naturally relish competition. If you want to get really psychological, it may have something to do with that intrinsic drive to impress and get to the top of the hierarchy. Women are more submissive by nature, explaining why one wouldn't see the appeal in outmaneuvering or besting opponents.
you haven’t met me then x
I don’t know any thing about it but I enjoy playing it and watching it
IT WAS A TIE TODAYY MY GUYS
@Cxm
lmao
Sport. I used to play it quite a bit.
Original post by LadyEcliptic

now that is a dangerous sport that should be banned.
Reply 86
It’s just a bunch of guys running around after a ball. Boooooo. It’s just so over rated for what it’s worth. I’d rather watch something more stimulating.

Yeah so that literally makes no sense because you could say the same about rugby. If you prefer watching rugby that's fine. I'm glad you can still appreciate sport. No need to bring football down though.
Reply 87
Original post by Joel 96
Men like sports more because they naturally relish competition. If you want to get really psychological, it may have something to do with that intrinsic drive to impress and get to the top of the hierarchy. Women are more submissive by nature, explaining why one wouldn't see the appeal in outmaneuvering or besting opponents.

Maybe. There are a number of competitions that women are fans of though. X factor, the voice, next top model, love island.
Reply 88
Original post by AmeliaLost
I don't really see the appeal of watching sports. I like playing though...

What do you like to watch on tv?
Original post by evisu
Yeah so that literally makes no sense because you could say the same about rugby. If you prefer watching rugby that's fine. I'm glad you can still appreciate sport. No need to bring football down though.

Rugby is a lot more intense and high impact. It is not for the faint hearted.
I do believe footballers are over paid for what they do and as such, a lot have obtained an entitled sense of self.
Why ask why girls don’t like it and then get an opinion and jump on it when you don’t like it? The sports are very different in their own rights, however, I find football over rated and boring. That’s my opinion.
Reply 90
Rugby is a lot more intense and high impact. It is not for the faint hearted.
I do believe footballers are over paid for what they do and as such, a lot have obtained an entitled sense of self.
Why ask why girls don’t like it and then get an opinion and jump on it when you don’t like it? The sports are very different in their own rights, however, I find football over rated and boring. That’s my opinion.

I wanted opinions but your post was highly contradictory so I didn't see it as a valid point.
I don't think footballers are overpaid, it's supply and demand. 'For what they do'. You make it sound like it's easy.
Cause girls dont like being sweaty
Original post by evisu
Maybe. There are a number of competitions that women are fans of though. X factor, the voice, next top model, love island.

True, but these competitions are, in a large part, centered on social and sexual themes. I was more referring to how men want to outclass each other physically, with strength and willpower.

For instance, the shows you listed don't have any personal appeal to me, probably because I'm not as interested in the social and sexual themes presented in those shows. I think they're elementary. But I could see how a female would find the physical competitions of men to be elementary as well.
(edited 5 years ago)
I think it’s more the fact that football is originally something played by and watched by guys. So less girls and women have been nurtured to be interested and enjoy the game.
Original post by evisu
I wanted opinions but your post was highly contradictory so I didn't see it as a valid point.
I don't think footballers are overpaid, it's supply and demand. 'For what they do'. You make it sound like it's easy.

You asked for football. I said it was boring and over rated. I find rugby a lot more entertaining. They are 2 different sports, so it’s not contradictory at all. And yeah, it is easy. Having sadly been forced to do it when I was younger. That’s my opinion, and it’s very much valid compared to other ones. Being contradicting because it’s not what you want to hear doesn’t make something invalid.
You asked for football. I said it was boring and over rated. I find rugby a lot more entertaining. They are 2 different sports, so it’s not contradictory at all. And yeah, it is easy. Having sadly been forced to do it when I was younger. That’s my opinion, and it’s very much valid compared to other ones. Being contradicting because it’s not what you want to hear doesn’t make something invalid.

What is so interesting about Rugby? I hear guys mention rugby as more intersting than football. What made you like Rugby?
I miss the ball every time, it’s too round.....(pun intended 😝)

Btw I only play sports that doesn’t involve spheres
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 97

It was contradictory because you said 'it's just a bunch of guys running after a ball'. But then you said you love rugby which is the same idea - it's also guys running after a ball. That's why it's an invalid point. Not because I disagree with it, but because the same sentence could be applied to rugby which you love so much. It's fine if you think it's 'boring and overrated'. But your first point is silly.
Everyone has played football, of course it's not difficult to pick up. But to get to a high level where you are paid millions, it requires a lot more skill, talent and dedication. It's only the top footballers who get paid huge amounts. The money is always there and the supply of top quality strikers is limited. So of course they get paid loads and rightly so. There's a huge amount of money in football and if it goes to the players then that's great. It's them that bring the clubs money, it's them who sell the shirts, and it's their taxed wages that go back into our country.
I don't understand why footballers wages get more hate than models and actors. The same things apply.
Original post by evisu
Waste of money for who?

everybody, where does the money come from that pays for these people to join new teams?
Real Madrid vs Liverpool, was the first ever football match I ever watched. Wasn't too bad

Quick Reply

Latest