The Student Room Group

OCR A-level Virgil and the world of the hero F390/01 - 19 Jun 2018 [Exam Discussion]

This is a forum for anyone taking the above exam. If you have any idea what this years questions might be, have any decent quotes or revision tips put them here :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Homer's Ody
This is a forum for anyone taking the above exam. If you have any idea what this years questions might be, have any decent quotes or revision tips put them here :smile:

I've moved this into the Classics forum :smile:
does anyone know what was in last years june exam?
Wow I didn't expect this exam to have a thread, classics usually doesn't!
Hey - I'm doing this unit too. I'm just starting to pull stuff together for revision - would be good to share ideas!
Reply 6
any1 got some revision notes i could have ?
Original post by yorkgal101
Hey - I'm doing this unit too. I'm just starting to pull stuff together for revision - would be good to share ideas!

Sounds good!
Is anyone still out there? How's the revision going? Three weeks to go ...:eek:
Is anyone still out there? How's the revision going? Three weeks to go ...:eek:

I’m here and terrified'!
Ah so that's two of us!

I've done a bit of extra reading on the Augustan regime as I felt I didn't quite understand the impact/influence of that on Virgil's work. Think I've got that now.

I've been mindmapping themes like crazy and pulling out quotes. I feel like I still need to compare / contrast the Iliad and the Aeneid a bit more - I've got the Homeric theme fixed between the two ... but are there any others?

I'm doing this A level via distance learning, so I'm on my own here! Would be good to bounce a few ideas around.

Right, I'm off back to Sanctuary at Delphi for a bit (Art & Architecture module). Will be back here soon. :biggrin:
how did people find the exam yesterday? (I did art and architecture)
Ah so that's two of us!

I've done a bit of extra reading on the Augustan regime as I felt I didn't quite understand the impact/influence of that on Virgil's work. Think I've got that now.

I've been mindmapping themes like crazy and pulling out quotes. I feel like I still need to compare / contrast the Iliad and the Aeneid a bit more - I've got the Homeric theme fixed between the two ... but are there any others?

I'm doing this A level via distance learning, so I'm on my own here! Would be good to bounce a few ideas around.

Right, I'm off back to Sanctuary at Delphi for a bit (Art & Architecture module). Will be back here soon. :biggrin:

How did you find the art and architecture? Which questions did you choose? X
Original post by Maliaohio
How did you find the art and architecture? Which questions did you choose? X

Hey - I did the first question in the first section (diskobolos and artemisian Zeus), and then the second question in the second section about the portrayal of women in vase painting.

I thought the paper was ok, in the main. I liked the question about the acropolis and the propylaia in the first section, but didn't trust myself to remember the dates properly!

Which questions did you do?
Hey - I did the first question in the first section (diskobolos and artemisian Zeus), and then the second question in the second section about the portrayal of women in vase painting.

I thought the paper was ok, in the main. I liked the question about the acropolis and the propylaia in the first section, but didn't trust myself to remember the dates properly!

Which questions did you do?

same as you! took a risk by not revising temples and sanctuaries, but luckily it paid off as i'm most confident in vases and free standing sculpture :smile: definitelyy could have gone better if i had revised more but at least it's over now!
what are you guys predicting for the extract and essay question for virgil? i'm definitely sticking to the aeneid :smile:
I have no idea! I'm rubbish with prediction and to a certain extent don't really trust them. I'd rather cover everything just in case. I have to say I'm not looking forward to the paper on Tuesday...
I have no idea! I'm rubbish with prediction and to a certain extent don't really trust them. I'd rather cover everything just in case. I have to say I'm not looking forward to the paper on Tuesday...

samee, especially considering i have a history exam in the morning....two in a day will be the death of me :frown:
Oh dear - that sounds a bit full on!

How are you tackling last minute revision for Virgil on Tuesday? I'm trying to consolidate themes with quotes as evidence - doing a final condensing of what's in my brain. This is my last exam. Roll on 3.30 tuesday ...
Hey how are we fixed for the next exam? Anyone else doing Greece and Persia?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending