The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Accommodation response

I have completed my A levels and I’m currently on a gap year, with an unconditional place to study law starting in September. I chose my accommodation preferences the other day and it stated how you’ll find out your accommodation once you’ve met all the conditions of your offer. As I already have met the conditions will I find out my accommodation sooner?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Savanna19
I have completed my A levels and I’m currently on a gap year, with an unconditional place to study law starting in September. I chose my accommodation preferences the other day and it stated how you’ll find out your accommodation once you’ve met all the conditions of your offer. As I already have met the conditions will I find out my accommodation sooner?

Heyy!!!

Im in the same position as you. Unconditional offer holder. And yes you will!! I contacted the university who told me they will aim to give out all unconditional offer holders their accommodation choices first in June/July before the August rush!

Keep an eye out on your emails and also the website!

What were your choices btw?

Hope this helps!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Hey! I'm also on a gap year at the moment with an unconditional offer to study law and have been hoping we'd get a head start on accomodation ahah. I chose Mayflower as my first, wbu?
Reply 3
Thank you for letting me know! :smile:
I put Glen Eyre with 3 choices, each choice a different kind of room. You?

Original post by Parasite
Heyy!!!

Im in the same position as you. Unconditional offer holder. And yes you will!! I contacted the university who told me they will aim to give out all unconditional offer holders their accommodation choices first in June/July before the August rush!

Keep an eye out on your emails and also the website!

What were your choices btw?

Hope this helps!
Reply 4
Hey! It’s good to find someone else in the same boat :smile: I’ve put Glen Eyre! Where abouts are you from?

Original post by alliedemel
Hey! I'm also on a gap year at the moment with an unconditional offer to study law and have been hoping we'd get a head start on accomodation ahah. I chose Mayflower as my first, wbu?
Hey! It’s good to find someone else in the same boat :smile: I’ve put Glen Eyre! Where abouts are you from?

Haha yeah so good isn't it! I'm from Surrey wbu?
I'm also on a gap year with an unconditional place for geology.. have either of you heard back about accommodation yet? I submitted my application around the same time. I was hoping to get an offer before the open day in July so that I could go down and start planning for the type of room and flat!!! Hahaha
Original post by Rachael.86
I'm also on a gap year with an unconditional place for geology.. have either of you heard back about accommodation yet? I submitted my application around the same time. I was hoping to get an offer before the open day in July so that I could go down and start planning for the type of room and flat!!! Hahaha

I haven't heard anything yet and I really wanna know haha!
I haven't heard anything yet and I really wanna know haha!

Hi! I used to do accommodation tours as a student ambassador, and I was always told to tell everyone that they start to give out accommodation offers in August. They might do unconditional offer holders first, but as far as I know they don't start giving out offers until results day, and that you are guaranteed accommodation as long as you apply before 1st August.
Reply 9
Haha yeah so good isn't it! I'm from Surrey wbu?

Im from Poole in Dorset!
Original post by Parkleton
Hi! I used to do accommodation tours as a student ambassador, and I was always told to tell everyone that they start to give out accommodation offers in August. They might do unconditional offer holders first, but as far as I know they don't start giving out offers until results day, and that you are guaranteed accommodation as long as you apply before 1st August.

Hi
Do you know if that is the same for postgraduates?
Original post by SweetSummerx
Hi
Do you know if that is the same for postgraduates?

I'm not sure, I would advise you ring up accommodation services to ask.
Hey guys!!

I just received my accommodation offer! Was wondering if others were in the same boat? If so where is everyone going to/where would you like to go if you haven't received any offer yet?
Thank you for letting me know! :smile:
I put Glen Eyre with 3 choices, each choice a different kind of room. You?

Late reply, but I put Archers Road, Wessex and Glen Eyre! I actually got Archers Road, which I'm quite happy about! :biggrin:

I wanted to live central to town, but couldn't afford Mayflower.
Im from Poole in Dorset!

That's so close to me, I'm in Bournemouth!!
Original post by Parasite
Hey guys!!

I just received my accommodation offer! Was wondering if others were in the same boat? If so where is everyone going to/where would you like to go if you haven't received any offer yet?

No way! Congrats.. I've not heard anything yet but will keep a close eye in the next few days! Where did you get offered? And was it your top choice?
Reply 16
Oh wow! What course are you doing?
Original post by Parasite)That's so close to me, I'm in Bournemouth!!
Reply 17
Ive got my offer too! I got my first choice of Glen Eyre :smile:
Original post by Rachael.86
No way! Congrats.. I've not heard anything yet but will keep a close eye in the next few days! Where did you get offered? And was it your top choice?

Thank you :colondollar:!!

I got an email and was so happy. I am an Unconditional applicant as I deferred so I guess that may be why I got mine a little earlier...

Are you also unconditional? If so you might hear something end of August/beginning of September.... the wait is so stressful! Like I applied in the beginning of March and have been biting my nails waiting impatiently ever since!

I got my first choice which was Archers Road. They gave me Gateley!!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Oh wow! What course are you doing?
Original post by Parasite)That's so close to me, I'm in Bournemouth!!

I'll be doing Criminology and Psychology :biggrin:! Can't wait!!!

And congrats on getting your first choice as well! You'll be right next to Uni as well. What will you be studying?

I don't know how everyone is feeling, but I'm so eager to start uni already... how about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending