The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level Maths New spec grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PureTheory
I was telling some of my friends that sat the paper as well that the grade boundary must be low since they have figures on how many of Year 12 students get A* on their first year exams. Considering that a lot of people found the exams tough ( with the exception of TSR members because TSR usually attracts students who are good at their subject etc) and the fact the average mark per paper may be well even less than 60, it makes for an intresting case really. I feel that about 50/60 percent of first year students would be getting A* at normal maths and so the boundary for an A* may well even be 180/190 ish. Of course this is all hypothetical but the exams that edexcel have set this year were nothing like old spec maths, where you can just memorise the method and get A* quite easily.

Completely agreed. I'm doing the new spec early entry (I was meant to do the old spec Maths and FM in y10 which I'm sure I could've got 590-600 UMS due to how easy they were) but this year was completely different. As with others who learnt old spec, me (and others) thought that being good at Maths and understand old spec S1/S2 is enough but I was completely shocked at the stats. 5 markers on data set (which I didn't revise at all), the battery question (for the proof one; didn't understand the wording); the sampling methods one (didn't revise quote or whatever) so the stats part completely destroyed me which will be bad(for someone who wanna do Maths at Cambridge) and I think Edexcel will understand this. Pure and mechanics were decent but all together I'm seeing up to 215 maximum for the A*
Any Grade boundary predictions for AS Maths Edexcel?
Original post by Pakora99
Any Grade boundary predictions for AS Maths Edexcel?

AS should be relatively high so 80% A, 70% B, etc?
Reply 23
Original post by thekidwhogames
I'm seeing;
A* - 220/300
A - 184/300

They're awarding more higher grades this year and they're competing like with like so the majority year 12 and the previous year 12. It's old new spec so has to be low.

Haha, you got the A grade boundary bang on! Well done.
Original post by John19790
Haha, you got the A grade boundary bang on! Well done.

Knew it haha
I myself was way off xd
eh at least it wasnt that bad lol

hope you all get the results you wanted :>
2019 predicted grade boundries a level?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending