The Student Room Group

Recommended movies to watch over this summer?

I don't know what movies to watch. At all. I'm all out of ideas.

I really like superhero movies, sci-fi, fantasy and a bit of drama to be honest. I'm asking this because I've seen/read about loads of movies, and well, now, I'm all out of ideas as these sites only recommend popular movies (which I've either already seen as I've said or am not interested in). Any TV shows would be of welcome, too. I'll list off some of my favourite movies from each genre to give you guys an idea:

X - Men Movies - Superhero
Avatar by James Cameron - Sci-fi
A monster calls - Fantasy
Some girls/She's the Man - Drama

Thankyou :smile:
Reply 1
All this superhero talk and you haven't mentioned Incredibles 2? My goodness, you have Deadpool 2 although everyone has probably seen that, but they're just a couple.
Ant-Man and the Wasp?
Reply 3
Original post by J4ck50n
All this superhero talk and you haven't mentioned Incredibles 2? My goodness, you have Deadpool 2 although everyone has probably seen that, but they're just a couple.

Yeah, I'm going to see Deadpool 2 so I already have that on my list of movies to watch. Loved the first Deadpool. Incredibles 1 was mediocre at best so I don't care at all about watching the second one. I've only just recently found out due to Incredibles 2 coming out that everyone loved/is obsessed with it.
Reply 4
Original post by iamElectro
Ant-Man and the Wasp?

Ah, yeah I did watch the Trailer. Will definitely give that a go. I watched the first one and found it okay.
a quirky film i recommend is blades of glory:yep: tootsie also has similar ideas to she's the man, really fun film and worth the watch imo. fantasy, idk if how to train your dragon counts but if you haven't watched it, i'd highly recommend it.
Reply 6
Original post by entertainmyfaith
a quirky film i recommend is blades of glory:yep: tootsie also has similar ideas to she's the man, really fun film and worth the watch imo. fantasy, idk if how to train your dragon counts but if you haven't watched it, i'd highly recommend it.

Thanks for the recommendation! Will definitely try Tootsie. I have watched How to Train your Dragon and it was brilliant. :smile: Haven't watched the second or third ones though :frown:
Original post by theggbydealy
Thanks for the recommendation! Will definitely try Tootsie. I have watched How to Train your Dragon and it was brilliant. :smile: Haven't watched the second or third ones though :frown:

second one's really good too:yep: and the trailer for the third one came out recently:gah:
Every marvel movie!!
Reply 9
What we do in the shadows
Room (2015 with Brie Larson)
Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Reply 10
Off the top of my head...
Kingsman: The Secret Service (superhero-ish)
Scott Pilgrim vs The World (superhero-ish, drama-ish)
Anomalisa (drama)
Spirited Away (fantasy)
Princess Mononoke (fantasy)
Kick-Ass (superhero)
Whiplash (drama)
Gone Girl (drama)
Ghost in the Shell (2017) (superhero-ish sci-fi)
Get Out (drama)
Creed (drama)
Arrival (sci-fi)

You might like those :smile:
The greatest show men

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending