The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Business and communication systems

Hey everyone how are u all revising for this exam tmrw because i cant find a way to revise for this subject as there are hardly any resources online and i have the black textbook for this subject but i find it really boring to read and its just going to take a long time, so do any of you have any revision resources that u can share over here and also u can share how you are feeling about this exam x
Reply 1
im using the CGP revision guide and doing past papers which are available on the aqa website.l
was your controlled assessment on healthy eating?
Original post by bvfh
im using the CGP revision guide and doing past papers which are available on the aqa website.l
was your controlled assessment on healthy eating?

yea it was a powerpoint on healthy eating and a webpage and a entry form and a flyer on a competition on healthy eating, which i really liked and think i did v good in it wbu xx
Reply 3
Original post by lilly_xx12345
yea it was a powerpoint on healthy eating and a webpage and a entry form and a flyer on a competition on healthy eating, which i really liked and think i did v good in it wbu xx

yh we got that same one too which i quite liked aswell x.
the grade boundaries are really high for the controlled assessment, you need one 39/40 to get an A*.
how did you find the other computer exam?
Original post by bvfh
yh we got that same one too which i quite liked aswell x.
the grade boundaries are really high for the controlled assessment, you need one 39/40 to get an A*.
how did you find the other computer exam?

it was easy but my computer kept of f-ing up and so i didnt get to finish the last 2 pages worth of work which really pissed me off and they wrote it down but i dont think that will make a difference x wbu xx
Reply 5
it was easy but my computer kept of f-ing up and so i didnt get to finish the last 2 pages worth of work which really pissed me off and they wrote it down but i dont think that will make a difference x wbu xx

yh i found it quite easy especially the bit on spreadsheets and the website bit. what grade are you aiming for and are you ready for monday? xx
Original post by bvfh
yh i found it quite easy especially the bit on spreadsheets and the website bit. what grade are you aiming for and are you ready for monday? xx

i just want to pass and nooooo wbu?x
Reply 7
i am aiming for an A* , i got that in my mocks. no lol im no where near ready x
Original post by bvfh.
i am aiming for an A* , i got that in my mocks. no lol im no where near ready x

same i got that in my mocks aswell without any revision but idk if im gnna do as well as before x
Reply 9
same i got that in my mocks aswell without any revision but idk if im gnna do as well as before x

the grade boundaries have always been quite low, you need like 38/60 to get an A x
Reply 10
Has anyone been given a way to answer 9 mark questions? E.g. if it said to choose between external or internal recruitment.

I've been told to do this (if I chose external, for example):
Para 1: Advantage of external
Para 2: Disadvantage of internal
Para 3: Conclusion with a dependent factor which shows a disadvantage of what you chose briefly (e.g. choosing external would depend on the cost of it)
How did it go? Paper was pretty nice IMO

Quick Reply

Latest