The Student Room Group

HNC/HND then Bsc

Hi

Question for Student Finance England -

I believe HNC and HND courses qualify for tuition fee loans but NOT maintenance loans - is this correct ?

If someone had tuition fee loan for 1yr HNC and then went on to do 3yr Bsc what loans would they qualify for ?

Internet suggests that they may not qualify for Students Finance for the Bsc as it was NOT their first qualification in Higher Education .....

Many thanks, I have tried to look this up but answers are vague ..
Original post by Parent63
Hi

Question for Student Finance England -

I believe HNC and HND courses qualify for tuition fee loans but NOT maintenance loans - is this correct ?

If someone had tuition fee loan for 1yr HNC and then went on to do 3yr Bsc what loans would they qualify for ?

Internet suggests that they may not qualify for Students Finance for the Bsc as it was NOT their first qualification in Higher Education .....

Many thanks, I have tried to look this up but answers are vague ..

HNC/HND's still qualify for maintenance loans , you get one gift year so they could get funded for the 4 years.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
HNC/HND's still qualify for maintenance loans , you get one gift year so they could get funded for the 4 years.

Thanks !

Could a student do HNC for 1 year and then Bsc degree with a foundation year for 4years and get tuition fee loan and maintenance loan for all 5 years ?

Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending