The Student Room Group

Eduqas music a level exam 18th June 2018

I know that there are very few schools doing this exam board, but for those of you that are, how are you feeling about the exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’m really struggling to know how to revise effectively! Also can’t do dictation to save me lol
Original post by lexie29
I know that there are very few schools doing this exam board, but for those of you that are, how are you feeling about the exam?
Reply 2
Lmaoo same dictation is the worst😭 so I’m tryna cram for everything else atm (musical theatre, Haydn in depth and the schools of comp). Hopefully the coursework will save my grade 😂
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Literally same prayinggg that my coursework was half decent!! Haven’t looked at musical thearte in bare time I’m so worried about Haydn!!
Original post by lexie29
Lmaoo same dictation is the worst😭 so I’m tryna cram for everything else atm (musical theatre, Haydn in depth and the schools of comp). Hopefully the coursework will save my grade 😂
I'm dieing. I swear down I'm never EVER going to look at that Haydn Symphony 104 again ~~_~~
Reply 5
Original post by brownkagaroo
I'm dieing. I swear down I'm never EVER going to look at that Haydn Symphony 104 again ~~_~~

Fr Fr. But I’m defo listening to Debussy more often, he’s acc so lit👌🏽
I'm literally so worried? Anyone got any ideas as to what might come up ?
Reply 7
Original post by Lolylife101
I'm literally so worried? Anyone got any ideas as to what might come up ?

Well I mean it’s the first year, so I have absolutely no clue. If they were nice they would give us a movement 1 comparison for the essay at the end but who knows🤷🏽*♀️
Reply 8
What options are guys doing? (B rock and pop/ C musical theatre/ D jazz)
Original post by lexie29
Well I mean it’s the first year, so I have absolutely no clue. If they were nice they would give us a movement 1 comparison for the essay at the end but who knows🤷🏽*♀️

I feel like they will give us the Debussy, and not movement 1 literally because the others came up in the sample papers
Reply 10
But Debussy is in area of study e into the twentieth century. The Haydn and medelssohn comparison will definitely come up, it’s area of study A wct x
Reply 11
I feel like they will give us the Debussy, and not movement 1 literally because the others came up in the sample papers

But Debussy is in area of study e into the twentieth century. The Haydn and medelssohn comparison will definitely come up, it’s area of study A wct x
Yehyeh, I mean I think the Debussy will come up as opposed to the Poulanc (because it's either or for that)
And the Haydn movement 2,3 or 4 will come up in the western classical
Original post by lexie29

Yehyeh, I mean I think the Debussy will come up as opposed to the Poulanc (because it's either or for that)
Reply 14

Ohhhh I get you. Yeah I think so as well😅
Original post by lexie29
Ohhhh I get you. Yeah I think so as well😅

Do you know about like nationalism and stuff?? I dont know about it and I'm really worried it might come up as the essay q
Reply 16
Do you know about like nationalism and stuff?? I dont know about it and I'm really worried it might come up as the essay q

Lmaoo not really. If something like that comes up, Tis the time to waffle. It’s hard enough tryna remember Haydn and Mendelssohn points 😂. But I doubt it would come up as a whole essay question tho
I'm kind of struggling to see what's romantic about Mendelssohn's Symphony no.4. It has pretty much the same instruments and texture as Haydn's symphony so I can't see how I can contrast them
Reply 18
Original post by brownkagaroo
I'm kind of struggling to see what's romantic about Mendelssohn's Symphony no.4. It has pretty much the same instruments and texture as Haydn's symphony so I can't see how I can contrast them

It doesn’t have to be all contrasting points, it could be what’s similar between them (mentioning that they both have something allegedly scores 2 points). You could mention how Mendelssohn doesn’t have a recap and how it’s in the tonic minor of the symphony which is abnormal
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by lexie29
It doesn’t have to be all contrasting points, it could be what’s similar between them (mentioning that they both have something allegedly scores 2 points). You could mention how Mendelssohn doesn’t have a recap and how it’s in the tonic minor of the symphony which is abnormal

AHH thank you! That's actually helped me soo much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending