The Student Room Group

Home Office Liverpool Case study AO/EO 2018

I have recently applied for the AO job and was wondering if anyone else had, there is another thread from last years applicants so I am making one for this years to avoid confusion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Lilybelle,

Just wanted to confirm manpower are really quick compared to the civil service. I havnt applied for this role but applied last year for the asylum caseworker, heard back from my telephone interviews within an week and found out the same day or possibly next day (so long ago can't remember) I had passed my interview, good luck with your application
Original post by Chantelle_89
Hi Lilybelle,

Just wanted to confirm manpower are really quick compared to the civil service. I havnt applied for this role but applied last year for the asylum caseworker, heard back from my telephone interviews within an week and found out the same day or possibly next day (so long ago can't remember) I had passed my interview, good luck with your application

Haha yes hopefully i saw you posted on the other chat, i have my telephone interview hopefully they will of reviewed their process from last year as it seemed to of taken forever to process everyone, fingers crossed this years intake will be sorted out a lot quicker.
Hi Lilly, Have you had your manpower telephone interview yet? How did it go?I passed the online tests last week and about to have my telephone interview. But I'm starting to get concerned about the suggested working conditions at the HO? There was an undercover article posted on BBC News (Google:
......"Asylum decision-maker: 'It's a lottery' - BBC News" and the working conditions don't sound so great, claiming there are sales like targets with 25 staff quiting within 6 months! There was a similar article in the Guardian (Feb 2018).

have already spent hours getting to this point but not sure if worth cutting my loses? What do you think? This is supposed to be a "new" Centre but it's in the existing HO building? :K::headfire:
Original post by summershere
Hi Lilly, Have you had your manpower telephone interview yet? How did it go?I passed the online tests last week and about to have my telephone interview. But I'm starting to get concerned about the suggested working conditions at the HO? There was an undercover article posted on BBC News (Google:

Oh god i haven't seen it i will look it up in a sec. I had my telephone interview 2 weeks ago tomorrow so should hear back tomorrow whether I have gotten through or not.
However on Friday I heard I had gotten one of the civil service fast track places so I'm not sure whether to go through with this if I get through.
Reply 6
Are these the AO roles that they held assessment centres for last week?
Original post by Cags
Are these the AO roles that they held assessment centres for last week?

Hello, I applied for this and was successfully in the AO role (not the EO)! I think these were separate from the manpower positions which were customer call centre based. Has your civil service status been updated on the roles?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I applied for this and was successfully in the AO role (not the EO)! I think these were separate from the manpower positions which were customer call centre based. Has your civil service status been updated on the roles?

Hi!
Yes, I applied for the Manpower ones but made a pig's ear of the telephone interview. But I also did the assessment centre in the Atlantic Tower for the AO Caseworker. I passed the assessmet centre but my status is still showing as scheduled for interview. I was told at the time it would be about 3 weeks before there would be any further details but I am impatient! What day did you do yours?
Original post by Cags
Hi!
Yes, I applied for the Manpower ones but made a pig's ear of the telephone interview. But I also did the assessment centre in the Atlantic Tower for the AO Caseworker. I passed the assessmet centre but my status is still showing as scheduled for interview. I was told at the time it would be about 3 weeks before there would be any further details but I am impatient! What day did you do yours?

Hello!

I knew I had failed the EO test straight away! My AO was 5th June. My status on both still says scheduled for interview. I understand the positions won’t come about until December/January, but did you get any more information than that? I can’t wait to start a good new job!
Reply 10
I was last thing on the 6th. i didn't get much more info. I asked about finding out about whereabouts i would be on the merit list. They said if i checked my account it would be 3 weeks there would be an update. I assumed it would be 3 weeks-ish! Anyway, if they want to start people in, say, December they would have to be making inroads in Septe.ber or October because I've heard that Securiy/pre-employment checks can take 2 or 3 .months! Then notice time. I'm not good at waiting.
Original post by Cags
I was last thing on the 6th. i didn't get much more info. I asked about finding out about whereabouts i would be on the merit list. They said if i checked my account it would be 3 weeks there would be an update. I assumed it would be 3 weeks-ish! Anyway, if they want to start people in, say, December they would have to be making inroads in Septe.ber or October because I've heard that Securiy/pre-employment checks can take 2 or 3 .months! Then notice time. I'm not good at waiting.

I recieved an email stating I have been placed on the waiting list for the AO position, and my status is in reserve (which seems right as the EO one says unsuccessful which I knew)!
Let’s just hope we hear about jobs in the near future!
Reply 12
Just checked - same here! 😁
Hi , can ask what your scores are? (Trying to work out the likely hood of a job) My application is in reserve I didnt do that well 5 5 6
Reply 14
Original post by kaysher246
Hi , can ask what your scores are? (Trying to work out the likely hood of a job) My application is in reserve I didnt do that well 5 5 6

7 7 5
Reply 15
Hi! I did the assessment centre at the start of June. My application is now ‘in reserve’. Looking at the feedback tab on my account, I have the results from the AC under the heading Selection Exercise 1. Then there are 2 other headings, Selection Exercise 2 and Selection Exercise 3 with ‘application awaiting review’. Can anybody tell me what these other 2 selection exercises are? Thanks.
Reply 16
Has anybody had any progress on their applications?
Mine still in reserve
I’m still waiting for my security checks to go through. I applied and had the interviews back in May. Got offered a position in June and sent all my paperwork off at the same time. They did say could take up to 12 weeks and I e heard they may not start people until January. Mine was the AO position too.
Reply 19
Original post by Littleme200
I’m still waiting for my security checks to go through. I applied and had the interviews back in May. Got offered a position in June and sent all my paperwork off at the same time. They did say could take up to 12 weeks and I e heard they may not start people until January. Mine was the AO position too.

Hi! I think yours must have been a different intake from mine as all the assessment centres for the one I applied for took place from 5th to 7th June at the Atlantic Tower. Did you get an offer right away or were you put on a reserve list first?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending