The Student Room Group

HMRC customer service consultant

Scroll to see replies

I emailed them this morning and I’ve been told they are hoping to release interview results early part of next week.
Reply 61
This is getting ridiculous, we were promised the results 2 weeks ago and they keep delaying it every week.
Original post by Hamzah.99
I emailed them this morning and I’ve been told they are hoping to release interview results early part of next week.

😂😂
I'll email them early next week and be told they hope to send the results the following week..

End of May they said 🤣
Yh it can take some time because they need to work out which office you will be based in, which training group you will be in and what line of bussiness you will get so can take sone time to sort all that out
It’s been such a long wait.. you may not even get the job, which will be really disappointing to say the least. I emailed on 31st of May and was told that they anticipated to get the scores out in 7/10 days!!???
I emailed on the 4th of June and got the same reply , 7-10 days ☹️
Reply 66
Apparently we’re supposed to get our results beginning this week
I emailed this morning and below is the response

Thank you for your email.

The scores are still being collated and should be released this week.
Original post by 1234dddd
I emailed on the 4th of June and got the same reply , 7-10 days ☹️

I know, 😏😕
Original post by LeacockDa
I emailed this morning and below is the response

Thank you for your email.

The scores are still being collated and should be released this week.

Maybe getting somewhere now! 🤞🏾
Just to let you guys know, I've emailed them multiple times and other than one reply in this month, which stated a usual response that the scores are being collated, it it seems they are now ignoring my emails as no replies at all

This is really taking the mickey. The End of May deadline has passed 3 weeks ago and I feel they should at least give a proper deadline of when they'll be contacting us.

Also a question that people have previously asked....It's not 50 roles in the whole of uk....it's actually 1500 roles. Each location has it's own number of roles to cover. Hence most likely the reason why they are so slow.

@Anisablue - Thanks so much for helping us. If I may ask a couple of questions:

What does your job-role involve? i.e. Daily routine?

Is it exciting or boring?

Unless I've missed it, how come there is no mention of shift-based role in the job advert?

Do we not get flexible hours?

Thanks again
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 71
The thing is, they need to understand that some of us are without any job at the moment and are waiting on them before we may have to look elsewhere.

The results better be released this week as promised, this is an absolute joke.
Original post by zaref
The thing is, they need to understand that some of us are without any job at the moment and are waiting on them before we may have to look elsewhere.

The results better be released this week as promised, this is an absolute joke.

Totally agree with you, but to be honest, if you raised this as an issue, they would say there is nothing stopping you from applying for other jobs whilst waiting for the results.

According to their "Candidate Information Pack", there is a chart showing the selection process and the timescale it's expected to take for the whole process......

Capture.JPG

......As you can see, they are well past their deadline.

It's due to the sheer amount of applications they must have received. So assuming there are 1500 roles and let's say on average there are 3 applicants competing for each role, then they've got to sift through 4500 applications!
Reply 73
I got told at my interview (Newcastle) there was 200 interviews for 50 positions
Original post by civilservice
Just to let you guys know, I've emailed them multiple times and other than one reply in this month, which stated a usual response that the scores are being collated, it it seems they are now ignoring my emails as no replies at all

This is really taking the mickey. The End of May deadline has passed 3 weeks ago and I feel they should at least give a proper deadline of when they'll be contacting us.

Also a question that people have previously asked....It's not 50 roles in the whole of uk....it's actually 1500 roles. Each location has it's own number of roles to cover. Hence most likely the reason why they are so slow.

@Anisablue - Thanks so much for helping us. If I may ask a couple of questions:

What does your job-role involve? i.e. Daily routine?

Is it exciting or boring?

Unless I've missed it, how come there is no mention of shift-based role in the job advert?

Do we not get flexible hours?

Thanks again

Hi
Im not sure about your shifts im assuming they would be the same as mine.
Job it self you wiuld be taking in coming calls most of the time helping people in your line of bussiness you would be updating customer records but really depends on which line of bussiness you get.you also send letters and emails.yoy have 3 breaks a day 3x staff meetings a week and 1x hr a week for your self and your development.the job is exciting and challenging there is a lot to learn! And a be prepared to use your math skills.
You get part flexi not full only case workers get full.you can come in early to buid flexi but cant leave early.best thing is the leave you can come in morning and if you want to leave early in the day you can just need to check there is keave availabls.and the best one is you can ring up in morning and book the whole day off without prior notice we call it a star day
Original post by Anisablue
Hi
Job it self you wiuld be taking in coming calls most of the time helping people in your line of bussiness you would be updating customer records but really depends on which line of bussiness you get.you also send letters and emails.yoy have 3 breaks a day 3x staff meetings a week and 1x hr a week for your self and your development.the job is exciting and challenging there is a lot to learn! And a be prepared to use your math skills.
You get part flexi not full only case workers get full.you can come in early to buid flexi but cant leave early.best thing is the leave you can come in morning and if you want to leave early in the day you can just need to check there is keave availabls.and the best one is you can ring up in morning and book the whole day off without prior notice we call it a star day

Only checking this thread as my wifes son is also waiting for results,
My only bit of advice to you all still waiting is don't stop looking for other work as you can resign if needs be and you will also be wasting precious time not earning money or looking if you are unfortunate to not get through and this whole process can drag on for months until you actually start never mind waiting for results. The time frames are what happens in a perfect world!!!!!!!

And finally ref the flexible working I'm certain you have to pass your probation period first before you can take advantage of it which is usually 6 months but different organisations may have different procedures And as its a trainee apprenticeship I'm not sure if your working hours were mentioned in the application pack or at least what your expected to work during the training/ apprenticeship so just have another look
Original post by silver67surfer
Only checking this thread as my wifes son is also waiting for results,
My only bit of advice to you all still waiting is don't stop looking for other work as you can resign if needs be and you will also be wasting precious time not earning money or looking if you are unfortunate to not get through and this whole process can drag on for months until you actually start never mind waiting for results. The time frames are what happens in a perfect world!!!!!!!

And finally ref the flexible working I'm certain you have to pass your probation period first before you can take advantage of it which is usually 6 months but different organisations may have different procedures And as its a trainee apprenticeship I'm not sure if your working hours were mentioned in the application pack or at least what your expected to work during the training/ apprenticeship so just have another look

Yes your right you only get flexi build once passed quality which can take 6 to 8 month which iv already mensioned
I agree with the above, I recently was interviewed for home office aswell as this job role and was told I was successful right there and then for the home office but nothing more, its very frustrating. So I get the feeling long waits is the norm for civil service jobs. So ive just applied for some none cs jobs as I dont want to put my life on hold.

I believe the probabtion for this role is 12months, if I remember rightly. The hours can fall any where between .. Mon to Sun 8am till 10pm. I applied for Liverpool so I dont know if the hours are the same in every city.

Hope the wait isnt too much longer for us all🤞
Original post by Anisablue
Hi

Thanks for the info its nice to know more about the job 😊 star day sounds great!
Thanks for the info Anisa, silver67surfer & kaysher246. Very appreciated.

Anisa:-

1. Are we expected to take a certain number of calls or set targets?
2. I thought this role was about chasing customers for debt? What info would we need to learn? i.e would we need to understand complex PAYE?
3. When you say we need to be good at Maths, does it involve working complex tax or just general addition/subtraction?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending