The Student Room Group

What happens if you will fail LNAT test??

I would like to become a lawyer but of course before that I need to take the LNAT test and then go onto law degree but what happens if I fail,do i need to take a gap year or can I do it like that >>>> Apply to Oxford/Durham for law degree but then,in the same time, apply to UCL to do Urban Planning,Design and Management (because I really enjoy Urban Planning too)
If I will sit my LNAT and later find out that I failed will I still have time to do Urban Planning at UCL or will I have to take other subject e.g.English or take a gap year?
Reply 1
Original post by vickkyyx
I would like to become a lawyer but of course before that I need to take the LNAT test and then go onto law degree but what happens if I fail,do i need to take a gap year or can I do it like that >>>> Apply to Oxford/Durham for law degree but then,in the same time, apply to UCL to do Urban Planning,Design and Management (because I really enjoy Urban Planning too)
If I will sit my LNAT and later find out that I failed will I still have time to do Urban Planning at UCL or will I have to take other subject e.g.English or take a gap year?

I applied for both law degrees and politics degrees. As I had offers from both I just had to pick which one I wanted to do. As long as you don’t firm any choices till you’ve got your LNAT you’ll be fine.
By the sounds of it Urban Planning is quite different to law(or am I wrong?), not all uni's will accept two personal statements(some may) which you would need to write in the case of this.
Do you think you are going to fail the LNAT?
Reply 3
Original post by AzureCeleste
By the sounds of it Urban Planning is quite different to law(or am I wrong?), not all uni's will accept two personal statements(some may) which you would need to write in the case of this.

Could always write a joint personal statement? It would be difficult but doable
Original post by Pugglet
I applied for both law degrees and politics degrees. As I had offers from both I just had to pick which one I wanted to do. As long as you don’t firm any choices till you’ve got your LNAT you’ll be fine.

so there shouldn't be any problems.In a way that I will apply for law degree but then don't pass the LNAT (let's hope that I will pass hahahaha) but I will still be able to go to do other course in a different uni yeah?
Original post by Pugglet
Could always write a joint personal statement? It would be difficult but doable

True, but it shows less commitment to the course which some uni's won't look upon favourably.

I don't think so because I had it go in doing one from the official website and I didn't do that bad,I mean I had more than a half of marks plus the questions at the end were similar to the ones i had for GCSE sociology but still I am scared that I will and that then I won't know what I will do because I don't want to take a gap year
Reply 7
so there shouldn't be any problems.In a way that I will apply for law degree but then don't pass the LNAT (let's hope that I will pass hahahaha) but I will still be able to go to do other course in a different uni yeah?

I didn’t take the LNAT as the unis I applied to didn’t require it but there shouldn’t be a problem in you doing the other courses if you get an offer
Reply 8
True, but it shows less commitment to the course which some uni's won't look upon favourably.

That’s true, I managed it but mine weren’t too different
I don't think so because I had it go in doing one from the official website and I didn't do that bad,I mean I had more than a half of marks plus the questions at the end were similar to the ones i had for GCSE sociology but still I am scared that I will and that then I won't know what I will do because I don't want to take a gap year

Think optimistically. Don't think negatively concerning it- revise properly for it and you'll be fine.
If worse comes to worse then you take a gap year, it isn't the end of the world-you could travel and see the world or even just choose to earn some money which will come in useful for when you do start uni
Original post by Pugglet
That’s true, I managed it but mine weren’t too different

which ones have you done?
which ones have you done?

I did my statement for law and politics

I thin that a gap year would be a good idea, you don't have to take another course which you aren't that passionate about as I personally think that wouldn't end well. Take a gap year and then re-sit the LNAT then apply to uni for law❤️ I hope it works out fine.
Moved to Law
Original post by Pugglet
I didn’t take the LNAT as the unis I applied to didn’t require it but there shouldn’t be a problem in you doing the other courses if you get an offer

what unis did you apply to that didn't require the lnat?

Latest

Trending

Trending