The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

accommodation in Buccleuch Place

I am attending the University of Edinburgh this year and got an offer for the accommodation in Buccleuch place for a single superior room. I am having trouble finding information and reviews about this place. Can anyone give me any comments about Buccleuch Place (and the size of the superior room) or tell me if it is better to search private accommodation.
Original post by juanj4444
I am attending the University of Edinburgh this year and got an offer for the accommodation in Buccleuch place for a single superior room. I am having trouble finding information and reviews about this place. Can anyone give me any comments about Buccleuch Place (and the size of the superior room) or tell me if it is better to search private accommodation.

I've not been inside Buccleuch Place before so I can't comment on it. However, what I can tell you is that private accommodation is FAR, FAR, FAR more expensive than university owned halls.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
I actually took a tour of this place during Postgraduate Ooen Students day. I'm from the US and so my perspective may be skewed but they were really nice, new and clean. All have ensuite bathrooms, I believe. I really liked it and it's literally 1 min from George Square which is extremely convenient and close to all the sights.

Hopefully that helps!
I'll bump this. On UoE Living FB page lots of people said terrible things about Buccleuch Place.

Anybody living there can comment?
Original post by kruszele
I actually took a tour of this place during Postgraduate Ooen Students day. I'm from the US and so my perspective may be skewed but they were really nice, new and clean. All have ensuite bathrooms, I believe. I really liked it and it's literally 1 min from George Square which is extremely convenient and close to all the sights.

Hopefully that helps!

https://www.accom.ed.ac.uk/Images.ashx?i=/propertyfiles/68/Buccleuch%20Place%20and%20Lane-12.jpg&w=878&h=580

Are the rooms just like on the picture above provided on their website?
Reply 5

Hopefully that helps!

Its was very helpful. thankss!!
Reply 6
Original post by hassassin04
https://www.accom.ed.ac.uk/Images.ashx?i=/propertyfiles/68/Buccleuch%20Place%20and%20Lane-12.jpg&w=878&h=580

Are the rooms just like on the picture above provided on their website?

yes, pretty much! A bit small but overall clean and new.
Reply 7
yes, pretty much! A bit small but overall clean and new.

Have you been in Buccleuch Place? I dont live in Edinburgh so it is hard for me to visit the place where I am staying beforehand. I know that the room in the picture from the link is the standard single room, but I was offered the superior single room. I am worried that despite the difference in name, the size difference between both rooms in not significant. Do you know the actual difference between both rooms?
Reply 8
Original post by juanj4444
Have you been in Buccleuch Place? I dont live in Edinburgh so it is hard for me to visit the place where I am staying beforehand. I know that the room in the picture from the link is the standard single room, but I was offered the superior single room. I am worried that despite the difference in name, the size difference between both rooms in not significant. Do you know the actual difference between both rooms?

I went for Postgraduate Open Students day. I'm not from there either. I'm from the US.
Hi everyone, I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything new about Buccleuch Place Lane? Thanks a lot!
Did you find any information? I got an offer for a standard single room in a 6 persons flat in Buccleuch place. Don't know if I can get something better if I rent private accommodation. Let me know if you know something.
Original post by m.erausquin
Did you find any information? I got an offer for a standard single room in a 6 persons flat in Buccleuch place. Don't know if I can get something better if I rent private accommodation. Let me know if you know something.

If you ended up staying there, could you please tell how it was like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending