The Student Room Group

What would be your ideal proposal?

Keeping things short and sweet here, simply what would be your ideal proposal? Would you rather propose or be proposed to? :love:

You don't need to be anywhere near engagement, or even in a relationship to answer, just describe what your ideal would be :flowers:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadowdweller
Keeping things short and sweet here, simply what would be your ideal proposal? Would you rather propose or be proposed to? :love:

You don't need to be anywhere near engagement, or even in a relationship to answer, just describe what your ideal would be :flowers:

Chicken nugget sharebox from McDonalds, ketchup and bbq sauce, and an engagement ring.

'nuff said.
A curry scented ring. Can't rly get better than that.
Reply 3
Haribo ring.
Original post by Cubone-r
Chicken nugget sharebox from McDonalds, ketchup and bbq sauce, and an engagement ring.

'nuff said.

Original post by Cyber Curry
A curry scented ring. Can't rly get better than that.

Based on these two answers I had a sudden fear I'd posted this in Food & Drink :lol:
[video="youtube;psxBizrPIxg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psxBizrPIxg[/video]
Original post by shadowdweller

I would rather be proposed to, and although some people may like their proposals to be simple I would like it to be slightly more unique. My ideal proposal would be: sitting in a helicopter whilst enjoying the view of London at night❤️
I would like to be proposed to . Am a girl and Prefer the ‘traditional’ ones haha .

I hope that it would be romantic .
But what really catches my heart will be if he done it publicly , like in front of the crowd of the Eiffel Tower in Paris or anywhere in the world . I would really be touched if he is sincere and romantic haha .
(edited 5 years ago)
I would never ever ever ever evee ever ever ever wver ever ever ever ever ever ever evee ever ever evrr eebr rber ever wver ever eber evert ever ever evrr ever ever evr evrr wver ever ever ever ever ever propose to someone
Honestly, I wouldn't care where or when or how expensive the ring. What's important for me is the moment that is happening. As long as I love that person and he loves me, I don't care where, when, how, who. It sounds corny but I just care about the feeling, not the glitz and glam of a proposal.
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly, I wouldn't care where or when or how expensive the ring. What's important for me is the moment that is happening. As long as I love that person and he loves me, I don't care where, when, how, who. It sounds corny but I just care about the feeling, not the glitz and glam of a proposal.

I think this is a really good standpoint to have on the matter, personally :smile:
someone proposing to me in the first place
Nothing public as I'm a complete hermit who avoids public attention like the plague. Just on a cozy night in watching a good film or possibly on holiday somewhere quiet would be enough for me :smile:.
In an ideal world, I'd love to have been proposed to at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland while watching the Northern Lights and sipping a cocktail :love:

Pretty much anything would be more romantic than how my husband did actually propose :laugh: he just said to me one day "we've been going out together and living together for years, don't you think its time we got married?" no ring or down on one knee :laugh: We did get a takeaway to celebrate though and I chose my ring the next day :smile:

To me though, its not the way that your partner proposes to you that matters, its the fact they are proposing and want to take the next step with you that matters :smile:
Awh, there have been some really sweet ideas here so far! :love:
Definitely just me and him in some romantic setting - the beach, a nice holiday, whilst overlooking some pretty view, heck even at his home is good enough

So long as he gets down on one need, says sweet words and has clearly gone to the effort for me thats enough

would absolutely HATE a public proposal. God i find them so cringey. especially if there was a flash mob involved! I'd probably say no if he did that!!
Something sentimental. Sentiment is key. At a place where we shared a special moment/ on a particular anniversary. Doesn’t have to be expensive, just something to show they put some thought into it to make it unique to me :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by yungaheartz

would absolutely HATE a public proposal. God i find them so cringey. especially if there was a flash mob involved! I'd probably say no if he did that!!

If they did that I would have to question how the **** have they known me this long without realising this is the last thing I would want XD
Original post by yungaheartz
Definitely just me and him in some romantic setting - the beach, a nice holiday, whilst overlooking some pretty view, heck even at his home is good enough

So long as he gets down on one need, says sweet words and has clearly gone to the effort for me thats enough

I always think public proposals sort of push you to agree to it too? It's a lot more difficult to say no to it when there's so many people around, especially if it was family/friends :tongue:

seriously tho maybe on a boat after terrace house :moon: or at night on a pier etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending