The Student Room Group

Best video game you've ever played?

Scroll to see replies

Dark Souls Series
It has to be The One. The Only. Crusader Kings II.

Honestly, the amount of hours I've invested into this masterpiece is pretty impressive. The game is everything you'd want in a medieval setting. Intrigue. Large wars. Interbreedi... ermmm.. Controlling the cardinals. Being a pagan and burning the coast of England and France. Uniting India under one banner.

The playthroughs are endless because practically every playthrough is different after 25 years. The base game has a timeline of 1066-1453 and can go as far back as 769.

The map has all of Europe, Northern Africa, Middle East, India, The steppes, Tibet.

Can play as a Catholic, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, Germanic pagan, Slavic, Tengri, Zoroastrian follower just to name a few. That's not even including all the heresies that come with these religions.

The aim of the game isn't strictly empire building but keeping your family alive. If you die without an heir it's game over.

You can play as a Count, Duke, King or even an Emperor. Hell you can restore the Roman Empire if you want.

But the best things are the mods. You can play in Middle Earth as any of the characters/ races, Space and as alien species, 70000BC as a neanderthal or human. Or even play with the same map but with loads more mechanics.

10/10 game.
I'm a big fan of how do you Do It?

It's such a simple game at first, but you learn to appreciate it over time.
Super Mario World.
i dont play lol
Original post by m005eman
Multiplayer, i'd go for Timesplitters 2 back on the PS2

For story, i'd go for the Bioshock franchise in general

And for gameplay, the Soulsborne series

The hanger level was where it was at, Monkey was a banned character for us.

I'm a oldie, so probably Streets of Rage 2, OOT.
Shenmue is amazing also, loved space quest, damn too many.
Final Fantasy VIII, or any Final Fantasy really. Ooh, with Eve Online as a close second.
Assassin's Creed is the best. Love stabbing people with the hidden blade.
Games from my life that standout for me are:

Batman Arkham City - amazing game amazing boss fights, so much to do, not sure why the Batman Games that followed couldn't be as good.

Runescape 2007-2012

Overwatch - not sure why I keep coming back

Prince of Persia Warrior Within

Super Smash Bros Wii

Mario Galaxy

Zelda Twilight Princess (found it 100x better than Ocarina of Time although I only played the 3DS version)
Which ones your favorite one?
Original post by SuperHuman98
Games from my life that standout for me are:

Batman Arkham City - amazing game amazing boss fights, so much to do, not sure why the Batman Games that followed couldn't be as good.

Runescape 2007-2012

Overwatch - not sure why I keep coming back

Prince of Persia Warrior Within

Super Smash Bros Wii

Mario Galaxy

Zelda Twilight Princess (found it 100x better than Ocarina of Time although I only played the 3DS version)

Lmao I remember Runescape.
I played AC games in this order Revelations,AC1,AC3,AC2,Brotherhood then Black Flags.

AC revelations is my favourite just because I loved the multiplayer when it was active, but other than that I feel like single player in AC isn't that good. Especially, AC3 many missions just seemed boring, and short.

If I played AC2 when it first came out I probably would think very highly of it
Multiplayer the most fun I've ever had would probably be on Battlefield 4, on the old maps like Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm and Operation Metro.

The best campaign I've ever played was probably either CoD WaW's or the Modern Warfare series
Original post by random_matt
The hanger level was where it was at, Monkey was a banned character for us.

I'm a oldie, so probably Streets of Rage 2, OOT.
Shenmue is amazing also, loved space quest, damn too many.

Haha, yes!!, Our favourite was mexican mission, playing virus or flame tag, walking through the lower level was a death wish, but the most fun I've ever had playing splitscreen!!!
GTA San Andreas & VC
Resident Evil 1 to 4
Transformers Devastation
Street Fighter
Final Fantasy VII
Super Mario Bros

Stopping now or I'll be here all night, lol.
Best video game ever?

Braid. 100000%. Its only flaw is that it ends.
Reply 96
Original post by UWS
Probably the Mass Effect trilogy. I mean I've played the new God of War but it doesn't come close to ME.

This is the correct answer.
Super Smash Bros Melee - I played that game to death. So hyped for the new one

Mario Kart Deluxe - Only had it a few weeks, honestly the best racing game I've ever played. The Gamecube version is a close second.

Pokemon - Any main series pokemon titles. I have them all but Ruby and Sapphire were my fav

Hogs of War - This is quite forgotten about nowadays but back in the PS1 era this game was amazing. I hope they remake this with online play as it so much fun battling against friends.

Dragonball z Budokai/Techkaichi Series on PS2 - They were the best DBZ ever in my opinion, the best thing was the controls. Newer games aren't as fun

F-Zero GX - Insanely difficult but super fun hardcore futuristic racing game. A million times better than Wipeout and I so want Nintendo to make a switch version of F-zero
Original post by Allegiant Tiger
For me its got to be Rainbow Six Siege.

Witcher 3.
Original post by Allegiant Tiger
For me its got to be Rainbow Six Siege.

Red Dead Redemption

Quick Reply

Latest