The Student Room Group

Starting uni a virgin, odd?

How common is this, not looking for freshers hookups either I’m not that kind of girl but how common is this? I don’t think it’s an issue but I’m just interested if others do, some of my friends joke about it like “only a couple virgins in the squad left” which can get annoying because I would if I had found someone but I just never have 🤷🏼*♀️

Scroll to see replies

You’re a virgin? You’ll feel right at home here on TSR then.
Original post by Anonymous
How common is this, not looking for freshers hookups either I’m not that kind of girl but how common is this? I don’t think it’s an issue but I’m just interested if others do, some of my friends joke about it like “only a couple virgins in the squad left” which can get annoying because I would if I had found someone but I just never have 🤷🏼*♀️

Which uni you going to?

It's pretty common, I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

I was, and I found my boyfriend of three and a half years there :smile: Nothing to worry about, just don’t feel pressured and do things when it feels right.
op is clearly a girl
Original post by anonymous
how common is this, not looking for freshers hookups either i’m not that kind of girl but how common is this? I don’t think it’s an issue but i’m just interested if others do, some of my friends joke about it like “only a couple virgins in the squad left” which can get annoying because i would if i had found someone but i just never have 🤷🏼*♀️

i've been reported again what the actual f.
Don’t worry! I should be starting uni this year too and also a virgin.
If you arent ready to lose it or haven’t found the right guy, don’t feel pressured. Tbh no one will know unless you tell them
Reply 8
there was a thread before about a girl who was pregnant at 14 and thought sex was normal for her age. it's all relative though lol
Which uni you going to?

Damn people thirsty AF lol
I'd say 50+% start uni as virgins... it does't come up in any exams though so don't worry about it.
Reply 11
Which uni you going to?

This mofoker trying it
Original post by Rainfall
hahahaah. Are you kidding me? I lost mine in year 6 in the play ground. The rule is you do it before high school and youve gone wayyyy past it sweetie. You should be ashamed of yoself

If you lost it at 10/11 and if it was by choice then you were wayyyyy too young. At least the OP has some self respect and lived as a child during their childhood.
For the people who have been raped and assaulted as virgins, they didnt get to choose and had that right taken away from them, young or old. But you were in primary school when you should have been going home to look forward to watching TV, not having sex in the playground.
And there is no rule, you do it when you are ready. Clearly the OP hasnt for unstated reasons
But you have no right to make her feel ashamed for not having sex because you already have.
People are at different points in there lives and the OP may wait another 5 years or it could happen in 2 months. We don’t know if and the OP wants to have sex then, she will.
She doesnt need you to tell her that she should have already had sex
If you lost it at 10/11 and if it was by choice then you were wayyyyy too young. At least the OP has some self respect and lived as a child during their childhood.
For the people who have been raped and assaulted as virgins, they didnt get to choose and had that right taken away from them, young or old. But you were in primary school when you should have been going home to look forward to watching TV, not having sex in the playground.
And there is no rule, you do it when you are ready. Clearly the OP hasnt for unstated reasons
But you have no right to make her feel ashamed for not having sex because you already have.
People are at different points in there lives and the OP may wait another 5 years or it could happen in 2 months. We don’t know if and the OP wants to have sex then, she will.

Learn to take a joke😐😐 Geez you must be fun at parties
Reply 14
Its a lot more common than you might think, and nothing to worry about. Just try to focus on enjoying yourself, the experience and meeting new people. It'll happen eventually.
hahahaah. Are you kidding me? I lost mine in year 6 in the play ground. The rule is you do it before high school and youve gone wayyyy past it sweetie. You should be ashamed of yoself

Wtf? even losing it in year 6 is late. Year 2 is when I lost it to my Teacher.

and no, my teacher was not gary glitter

I think, I think that Rainfall was not being serious....
Wtf? even losing it in year 6 is late. Year 2 is when I lost it to my Teacher.

and no, my teacher was not gary glitter

Jimmy Saville?
Learn to take a joke😐😐 Geez you must be fun at parties

Nothing wrong with having a joke but someone could have read that and taken it to heart. It’s hard to read things as a joke when not talking in person. So unless I called you out on it, that could have been taken seriously
Same questions all the time. Every bloody day someone is worried about being a virgin. I weep for humanity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending