The Student Room Group

Still crushing on a straight girl

I used to like this girl for 3 years, but about a year or two ago I finally managed to get over her because I realised she wasn't queer (I'm a gay girl). Recently however I've been getting the courage to talk to her normally and today in chemistry she winked at me for no apparent reason and even though she has a boyfriend (in that class too). One of my friends also said that she was talking about how it was my birthday to her group in English even though she said that she didn't know it was my birthday last period.

What should I do? I also kind of like this other girl who's openly bi, but I don't think she likes me back. Is this just how straight girls act towards their friends? Am I overthinking this?
Reply 1
uggghh, but she's so cute it's just really harddd. Any tips?
hi your overthinking it. i wink to my female friends . sometimes i wink in a way as if to say 'you alright?' especially if i cant chat to them across the room. Or in banter even about a conversation over something or other.

She has a b/f too, so for me, i would stay well clear.
Original post by Anonymous
uggghh, but she's so cute it's just really harddd. Any tips?

Just gotta accept it and move on. It's a bit annoying wanting a girl who's taken, but if she's taken she's taken. Plenty of other cute girls around.
3 years??? Wtf. Move on for your own sake.
Reply 5
I’d suggest focusing on someone else / school or avoiding her for a bit . You’re friends/ classmates and she’s straight. Don’t bother wasting your time and don’t allow her to waste your time by playing on the fact that you’re queer/ find her attractive etc. After a while you’ll get used to the fact that she’s just a attractive girl in your class.

You never know if the girl who is bi likes you, I’ve learnt to just go for it tbh

Had a crush on my friend for ages , she was my first girl crush and something about her makes me go crazy. However after years of knowing each other , we talked about how we’re kind of happy we stayed friends and didn’t date, as we have a good friendship and dating can mess that up etc, etc so ya.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending