The Student Room Group

Donald Trump Making Detention Centres for toddlers!!

https://boingboing.net/2018/06/19/tender-age.html

What are your opinions on this. I think this is very cruel and ruthless of him.

Scroll to see replies

yep he's a d*ckhead, f*cking up so many young people's lives because he's a racist and doesn't give a sh*t about anyone in the country. they're being dehumanised it's disgusting
Reply 2
Original post by anononyaboi
yep he's a d*ckhead, f*cking up so many young people's lives because he's a racist and doesn't give a sh*t about anyone in the country. they're being dehumanised it's disgusting

Just because they are immigrants it doesn't give him the rights to control their lives thats so f***ed up.
I wish we had a Trump running the UK. He is everything a leader should be.
Reply 4
Original post by aaabattery

Imo I don't really think so because he would do the same things he is doing in the USA making people lives terrible.
Trump is the best thing that's happened to America in a long time and has done far more than any other president in recent history.

What do you mean he's making people's lives miserable? If you are referring to these toddlers, its not Trump thats making their lives miserable. It's the parents of these children that decide to take a chance and illegally enter the US. Its the same as in the UK - if I was to do something illegal I would be sent to jail, and my hypothetical children would be sent to Child "Protective" Services which aren't far from being jails for these children. I dont understand why they should be treated any differently?
Reply 6
Trump is the best thing that's happened to America in a long time and has done far more than any other president in recent history.

What do you mean he's making people's lives miserable? If you are referring to these toddlers, its not Trump thats making their lives miserable. It's the parents of these children that decide to take a chance and illegally enter the US. Its the same as in the UK - if I was to do something illegal I would be sent to jail, and my hypothetical children would be sent to Child "Protective" Services which aren't far from being jails for these children. I dont understand why they should be treated any differently?

Ya but the child hasn't done anything wrong have they?. Its fair enough to punish the parents.

I'm all for people having their own opinions n all but please leave and reconsider your mindset
Original post by anononyaboi
I'm all for people having their own opinions n all but please leave and reconsider your mindset

How about making an argument to make me "leave and reconsider your mindset". I'm all ears, all I've heard so far from you is a lot of mindless swearing and ill-founded views based on fake news.
Original post by Zaspo
Ya but the child hasn't done anything wrong have they?. Its fair enough to punish the parents.

Its sad, it really is. But the blame is entirely on the parents for what happens to their children. What alternative solution do you have?
How about making an argument to make me "leave and reconsider your mindset". I'm all ears, all I've heard so far from you is a lot of mindless swearing and ill-founded views based on fake news.

first of all, you've seen one post from me with swears in so don't @ me with the 'all you do is swear so you're dumb' and I use a lot of casual swearing when I speak because of different things and issues I have had in the past which I'm not going to go into but they're just words and sort of a coping mechanism so just don't go in on that ok thanks. you cannot say that all news is fake as therefore the news that makes trump out to be a great leader must be fake too. I'm going to inform you that news stations in america and the uk can be very biased with some in the usa only publishing stories that make him out to be a good leader and supporting everything he does. as trump is a powerful authoritative figure you may want to consider that he has the power to mindwash people into believing that some of the terrible things he is doing (as viewed by certain parts of society) are there to make 'america great again' when realistically he is actually just removing things he sees as a major problem as a racist (immigrants) and treating them inhumanely in the process instead of coming up with an ethical solution to solve the problem. parts of this process can be seen in places such as north korea which we know is a horrendous dictatorship here people are brainwashed through censorship and their leaders into believing that everything their leaders do is for the good of their country and everywhere else is bad. one example of trump being a rubbish leader is with the puerto rico flood where 4600 died and the crisis was overlooked by trump so aid had to be provided by other countries and organisations instead meaning people needlessly suffered further under the rule of trump while trump went to play golf on one of his luxury courses (I am not going to suggest that trump ignored these people because they are considered Latino (correct me if I'm wrong) and Spanish is one of their main languages but it could be a possibility as trump did have a duty to help these people as the president of the usa which he did not fulfill). another example of trump being a bad leader is his 'wall' to keep the mexicans out (if I haven't heared anything more racist from a president ever-) which anyone with a brain should know is a terrible idea, has no one learnt from the berlin wall, and on top of that getting people in mexico to build and pay for it, no thanks I would not support anyone who could think like they were still in the 15th century. on top of that he is a misogynist and has degraded many women, a person I don't think should ever be permitted to run an entire country in today's society. there is so much more that can prove that trump is far from the best leader a country could have but I'm not going to use all of my effort to do that, overall trump's views are very wrong and he would probably be abosolutely slaughtered if he tried to run the uk no matter how much better he can make a country. also the child protective services children would be sent to in the uk are nowhere near a jail and nothing like the cells the innocent children are being thrown in without parents or care and with strangers for company (look into it seriously, looking at several news sources and different views on the matter can be very beneficial for you and help you fully understand what you are saying you support and think is a good thing). p.s i took the time to remove all of my curse words so your snowflake eyes aren't offended
(edited 5 years ago)
Have you ever heard of paragraphs? Nevertheless you keep reiterating this idea that Trump is a sexist and a racist. What has he ever done that was so sexist or racist? It's only biased left-leaning news outlets that brand him in this way that want nothing more than to see him fall, even if its at the country's expense. Is it the wall he was planning on building to keep out illegal immigrants from entering the US? I don't think he would of had such a massive amount of support from Hispanic communities across America if he was so "racist". Please enlighten me with some evidence, I am waiting.

Another issue you brought up was North Korea which only further supports how great Trump is, as they've agreed to get rid of their nuclear arsenal and improved relations with them as well as Russia, more so than any other president.

Thirdly, you mention "innocent children are being thrown in [cells] without parents or care and with strangers". What cells lmao? These immigrant children arn't being put in jails - this is a gross misrepresentation of what is happening. And what do you think happens when a child is sent to Child "Protective" Services, they are also "without parents and with strangers".

I think you may be the one that can benefit from doing a little research on everything Trump has succeeded since presidency rather than relying on getting your information from the likes of social media, and biased news outlets. :smile:

@anononyaboi
DgJTpOCV4AAYo8S.jpg
According to ABC news, Obama deported more than any other US president though I imagine he also let in more at the same time. :biggrin:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obamas-deportation-policy-numbers/story?id=41715661
We have concentration camps now. Concentration camps exclusivly for children as well. :facepalm:

It's not a crime to claim asylum. The consequence for a failed claim would be deportation. Still not a criminal.
Reply 16
well that Flump for you

not a care in the world about anyone apart from himself

what bothers me more about him is his die-hard fans. still supporting this and acting as though he can do no wrong. they are truly deluded and a joke to humanity
Reply 17

Bloated, a liar, ridiculous hair, cant speak English and a general tinea of a 'man'?
Reply 18
I don't understand what this fake outrage is.

It's as simple as the following.

Mexican person crosses border illegally with a child (which sometimes isn't theres) the adult will be jailed. What do they want the child to be put in there with them? LOL

Mexico itself has strict immigration laws you can't just cross border and stay it is illegal.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Zaspo

Child was used as a tool by parents - some kind of meat shield. "Look, we have a child! You can't do anything". What do you expect them to do?

Let child stay and in 20 years for example he fills the form bring his parents, relatives whatever or something? It is easy to give birth to child - in low developed countries children pop up as mushrooms - but ask the parents why the do that knowing that they cannot support them.

Quick Reply

Latest