The Student Room Group

Messi or Ronaldo?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by random_matt
Ronaldo, done it in the prem, la liga and international. There is no argument here, Messi is nothing outside of Barcelona.

Ronaldo assists/goals per international game - 0.74
Messi assists/goals per international game - 0.82
Original post by FThisSI'mOut
I think they're both equally world-class at not paying their taxes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40534761

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44499138

As if either of them look after their own money. Doubt either player would know how much they hold in cash & other assets. They will hire a team of accountants and say "make sure I pay as little tax as legally possible".

The fact there's so many Barcelona & Real Madrid players getting done for this suggests that it's something going on at their clubs.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Ronaldo assists/goals per international game - 0.74
Messi assists/goals per international game - 0.82

I do not include irrelevant friendlies.
LOL, no it isn't, it's delusional to think otherwise. The fact is he hasn't, but you convince yourself otherwise, that's funny ****. He also got knocked out by Roma, who evidently got knocked out by Liverpool.

Forgot Messi = Barcelona.
Forgot individual talent = club success

In what way is Ronaldo better, apart from the fact he's played in more leagues...
Reply 24
Last time Messi did anything in a big game?

:tumble:

He's the more talented player but he just doesn't have the same mentality. Ronaldo's gone to another level in the last few years. 4 CLs and a Euros in 5 seasons is genuinely ridiculous.

People still saying Messi just don't understand football tbh.
I do not include irrelevant friendlies.

Official statistics do though.

Messi is statistically more productive at international level than Ronaldo.

Ronaldo must be really bad if Messi is nothing and yet is still more productive for his country than Ronaldo is for his.
Original post by BlairPeach
Forgot Messi = Barcelona.
Forgot individual talent = club success

In what way is Ronaldo better, apart from the fact he's played in more leagues...

more individual honours?
Original post by Gkaizerking
more individual honours?

Except he hasn't got more?
Original post by Louis.
Last time Messi did anything in a big game?

:tumble:

He's the more talented player but he just doesn't have the same mentality. Ronaldo's gone to another level in the last few years. 4 CLs and a Euros in 5 seasons is genuinely ridiculous.

Man for man that Madrid team is far stronger than the Barca team
Having dragged Portugal to the European cup, I wouldn't be surprised if it occurs at the World Cup.
Having dragged Portugal to the European cup, I wouldn't be surprised if it occurs at the World Cup.

The only tough game Portugal had was against France and he didn't even play
Original post by BlairPeach
Except he hasn't got more?

29 vs 27.
Or did I miss something? Can you give me a link that says otherwise?
Original post by Louis.

Yet you just said Messi is better in your own post.
Reply 33
Only people that say Ronaldo are either Madrid fans, Portuguese or deluded.
Original post by Rk2k14
Only people that say Ronaldo are either Madrid fans, Portuguese or deluded.

This is true but add MU fans to it.
Reply 35
Yet you just said Messi is better in your own post.

Imagine not understanding the word "talent".

Brb Bojan is the best player to come through Barca's academy, Quaresma is the best Portuguese attacker ever, Ravel Morrison is the English GOAT and Pato is the best striker in Brazilian history.
Original post by Louis.
Imagine not understanding the word "talent".

Brb Bojan is the best player to come through Barca's academy, Quaresma is the best Portuguese attacker ever, Ravel Morrison is the English GOAT and Pato is the best striker in Brazilian history.

Bojan wasn't more talented than Messi, Pato wasn't more talented than Luiz Ronaldo, Quaresma wasn't more talented than Cristiano and Ravel wasn't more talented than Gascoigne.
Reply 37
Bojan wasn't more talented than Messi, Pato wasn't more talented than Luiz Ronaldo, Quaresma wasn't more talented than Cristiano and Ravel wasn't more talented than Gascoigne.

Don't do this to me pal.

Messi wins pretty dribbles, Ronaldo wins tournaments.

Quote me when Messi turns up in a big game.
Original post by Louis.
Don't do this to me pal.

Messi wins pretty dribbles, Ronaldo wins tournaments.

Quote me when Messi turns up in a big game.

Literally none of this is true though and backs up the point about fans with short memories who want to pretend Messi's career didn't happen.
Reply 39
Messi

The answer is obvious, all football fans have seen it on tv, in stadiums and all over the world that Messi is something special and nobody will grace football like he has. Not to mention he makes Ronaldo look like a b1tch in every El Clasico

Better passing
Better vision
Better dribbling
Better shooting
Better goalscorer (check the stats, come back to me because I know messi has a better Goals to Minute ratio)
Better player Overall

Only player that runs past a whole team by himself, don't see Ronnie do that, scores a Pen and celebrates like he's scored a hattrick

And of course the ultimate GOAT goal from the GOAT himself....
Remember this Madrid and Ronaldo fans, When the GOAT of football embarrassed you in your home stadium....

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest