The Student Room Group

Jorden Peterson DESTROYED by LOGIC!!!

This comedian points out the similarities between the civl rights movement (specifically how you are no longer aloud to refuse to serve black poeple) and the issue over whether a buinsess owner should be able to refuse to make a cake for a gay couple. This leaves the King Lobster questioning his viewpoint. "Maybe I was wrong about that"

[video="youtube;XVSP0YTjTlI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSP0YTjTlI[/video]

The most important public intelectual of our time seems to not know much about the civil rights movement, or at the least not given it much thought.

I will give him this though, being able to admit you might be wrong is actually a commendable trait and is lacking in public debate. I look forward to the lobsters now getting behing the gay rights politics.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think you need to look up the definition of destroyed.
Original post by Just my opinion

It's obviously satirizing right wing youtube videos of which Peterson is often the star.

He did admit to being wrong by following liberal logic though.
"I will give him this though, being able to admit you might be wrong is actually a commendable trait and is lacking in public debate"

And being self absorbed and ignorant isn't a commendable trait.

Also post a copy of that video without cutaways...

Good idea. It might also improve his spelling in the process.
Original post by Logical_Son
"I will give him this though, being able to admit you might be wrong is actually a commendable trait and is lacking in public debate"

And being self absorbed and ignorant isn't a commendable trait.

shooting fish in a barrel
Is it one of those cut videos?

There is undoubtedly an unwritten contract out on Peterson amongst everybody on the left.
The first person to be seen to bring him down in an interview, wether it be a foul mouthed comedian like this or another academic, will without doubt earn countless kudos lefty points and will be held a loft by everyone in their circle.
I have seen many interviews where he has run rings around the people interviewing and him and I have seen others where they have been cut in such a way as to make him look foolish only for the uncut version to surface later.

While I'm not saying that is the case here it would be interesting to see the full interview.
Original post by Chucke1992
Is it one of those cut videos?

Er, yes, quite obviously.

There is undoubtedly an unwritten contract out on Peterson amongst everybody on the left.
The first person to be seen to bring him down in an interview, wether it be a foul mouthed comedian like this or another academic, will without doubt earn countless kudos lefty points and will be held a loft by everyone in their circle.
I have seen many interviews where he has run rings around the people interviewing and him and I have seen others where they have been cut in such a way as to make him look foolish only for the uncut version to surface later.

While I'm not saying that is the case here it would be interesting to see the full interview.

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
shooting fish in a barrel

So you admit you are a troll? Not a funny troll, or a troll that can make a valid point. Just someone whose tinder profile gets no hits. And therefore has to troll.
It's a pretty normal discussion / debate. No-one was destroyed. Both Peterson and Jeffries come across well.

The only person who look stupid is OP.
As per. 🤔
The title of the video is so misleading it is unbelievable

So you admit you are a troll? Not a funny troll, or a troll that can make a valid point. Just someone whose tinder profile gets no hits. And therefore has to troll.

You seem unable to resist my trollish pull. Which is the measure of success for a troll.
(edited 5 years ago)
Why are we all just assuming "it is one of those cut away videos"?

If you mean not letting his reactionary positions go unchallenged. Then yes. Why do you expect, for example, trans rights actavists to stay silent when some prominant Lobster starts saying we should not refer to trans people by thier prefered pronouns?

Also men, if we are going to make appeals to nature.,as Peterson likes to do. Women not wanting to sleep with you is natural selection in action and is therefore good. No matter how much you think feminism has destroyed society. Either adapt or die to the changing enviroment of social relations. You do not have a right to pass on your genes.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Why are we all just assuming "it is one of those cut away videos"?

Because there are cut aways through out the video, duh. If you'd watched the video, you'd know that... Oh, but wait, you're a troll with no personality!
The 'Left' doesn't fail to disappoint with its defensive lashing out at J.B.P. Anyone who looks like they got the better of him or to have debunked something he said becomes an instant source of comfort and reassurance for many. This, however, is hardly a "destruction" of the man. As per usual, the uncut footage will probably reveal a degree of unflattering (or downright misleading) editing.
Reply 17
So a straight religious person should be forced to bake a gay wedding cake despite it going against their beliefs?

Ever heard of religious tolerance? you can't tell people to go against their beliefs just to go with the times. They also wouldn't make Halloween cakes either.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Dandaman1
The 'Left' doesn't fail to disappoint with its defensive lashing out at J.B.P. Anyone who looks like they got the better of him or to have debunked something he said becomes an instant source of comfort and reassurance for many. This, however, is hardly a "destruction" of the man. As per usual, the uncut footage will probably reveal a degree of unflattering (or downright misleading) editing.

Its true VICE recently did an interview that heavily edited the uncut version was released later.
Because there are cut aways through out the video, duh. If you'd watched the video, you'd know that... Oh, but wait, you're a troll with no personality!

Do you want to hate f*ck me or something?

Your obsession with me is getting creepy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending