The Student Room Group

help, boy trouble :(

Recently I was playing truth or dare on snapchat with this guys I like. He said that no matter what dare it was we had to do it. He then dared me to send him a picture of me in my underwear. I said no straight away, since that's not something I'm comfortable with but his mood completely changed after that. He got really blunt, rude and aggressive because I was 'breaking the rules'. He made me feel really guilty but I felt like there was a voice screaming inside my head at me not to do it. When he asked me why I didn't want to I told him that I didn't feel comfortable and I didn't feel safe (since he was acting really weird). He then just bluntly replied and left the conversation, I tried to message him telling him not to be like this and if we could sort it out. But he wasn't opening my messages. In the end I just unfriended him off snapchat.

I still feel really upset about it all but I just need someone else's opinion on what to do next and if I acted okay :frown:
You acted perfectly fine. The guy sounds like a nasty piece of work and you’re far better off without him in your life!
Yeah you did right not sending him the picture. The way he acted shows his character as being really controlling. You did nothing wrong so it’s not you who should approach him, if anything he should be the one who makes the next move and apologises to you.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah you did right not sending him the picture. The way he acted shows his character as being really controlling. You did nothing wrong so it’s not you who should approach him, if anything he should be the one who makes the next move and apologises to you.

yeah, I was just shocked because in the past he said to me that he would never force a girl to send anything. maybe he lied at the time. thank you for your advice, I'll try not to think about it and let him try and apologise :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Recently I was playing truth or dare on snapchat with this guys I like. He said that no matter what dare it was we had to do it. He then dared me to send him a picture of me in my underwear. I said no straight away, since that's not something I'm comfortable with but his mood completely changed after that. He got really blunt, rude and aggressive because I was 'breaking the rules'. He made me feel really guilty but I felt like there was a voice screaming inside my head at me not to do it. When he asked me why I didn't want to I told him that I didn't feel comfortable and I didn't feel safe (since he was acting really weird). He then just bluntly replied and left the conversation, I tried to message him telling him not to be like this and if we could sort it out. But he wasn't opening my messages. In the end I just unfriended him off snapchat.

I still feel really upset about it all but I just need someone else's opinion on what to do next and if I acted okay :frown:

His thing about "breaking the rules" is absolute ********, like if you dared him to jump off a cliff he sure as hell won't do it so although the game says you must do the dare the unspoken thing is consent which is so so important but which so many people forget/ignore. So what you did was absolutely right! If he truly cares he would have respected your decision. He doesn't diserve your time at all
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Shadowdraconis
His thing about "breaking the rules" is absolute ********, like if you dared him to jump off a cliff he sure as hell won't do it so although the game says you must do the dare the unspoken thing is consent which is so so important but which so many people forget/ignore. So what you did was absolutely right! If he truly cares he would have respected your decision. He doesn't diserve your time at all

yeah I agree, thank you so much x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending