The Student Room Group

Edexcel C4 leaked last night apparently

E2AACC85-27F7-4A5B-B4A0-F590B2452EB4.jpg.jpeg

Saw this on twitter

Kinda annoying knowing some people had answers wtf

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oops I forgot the other photos
3C10BA00-4110-40F0-860E-2BFD0393EB74.jpg.jpeg418D6571-F6C0-44E0-B804-E05AB1007913.jpg.jpeg
Reply 2
Is this real? So unfair if it is. My grades will be messed up even more as the grade boundaries get higher :frown:.
Reply 3
Original post by dkun
Is this real? So unfair if it is. My grades will be messed up even more as the grade boundaries get higher :frown:.

Exactly! Grade boundaries will be artificially inflated and I need everything I can get. Looking at the time stamps it is real and someone screen recorded the chat to show it wasn’t photoshop
Reply 4
why's edexcel's **** always being leaked literally no other exam board has this
Reply 5
Original post by bullyhunterd2
source?

Dunno if I can post links https://twitter.com/fxdx_fydy/status/1010108404021547008?s=21
Surely Edexcel will just lower the grade boundaries if they find out that it got leaked? This could actually be a good thing.
Reply 7
Original post by SixthAge
Surely Edexcel will just lower the grade boundaries if they find out that it got leaked? This could actually be a good thing.

They have a habit of not acknowledging it or worse being like it wasn’t a serious leak
Original post by Ollie1999
They have a habit of not acknowledging it or worse being like it wasn’t a serious leak

Hmm. Didn't a similar thing happen with the June 2013 C3 paper though? The grade boundaries were REALLY low that year, although it was a relatively very tough paper.
Reply 9
Hmm. Didn't a similar thing happen with the June 2013 C3 paper though? The grade boundaries were REALLY low that year, although it was a relatively very tough paper.

Oh I’m not sure I thought it was just a really hard paper but 58 for an A* is low
Oh I’m not sure I thought it was just a really hard paper but 58 for an A* is low

Was it just question 1 that was leaked or was it the whole paper? Because if so then it isn't that bad really.
Reply 11
Was it just question 1 that was leaked or was it the whole paper? Because if so then it isn't that bad really.

I’m not too sure apparently it was being sold the whole paper
I’m not too sure apparently it was being sold the whole paper

That's disgraceful if true tbh. I hope Edexcel seriously look into this and maybe lower the grade boundaries slightly to compensate...? :wink:
Reply 13
That's disgraceful if true tbh. I hope Edexcel seriously look into this and maybe lower the grade boundaries slightly to compensate...? :wink:

Hopefully they’ll lower it atleast by 8 😂, Q1 was 8 marks after all. Rip.
The person who posted that is probably gonna get queried by Edexcel 😂
You realise if it was a major leak, they're legally obligated to make the students re-sit the exams to keep everything in balance with the other exam boards right?

Yeah. In all honesty this doesn't seem like a very big leak, so I'm sure very few people actually benefited from the leak, so it won't affect grade boundaries much if at all tbh
This is bad for Edexcel as an exam board. 2 years in a row?! Edexcel needs to do better...
Let me just dispell some rumours. I sat C4 last year and the EXACT same thing happened. Edexcel will acknowledge the leak, carry out "investigations" (aka do **** all) and the grade boundaries won't change. No resits. No lower grade boundaries I'm afraid.
(edited 5 years ago)
pathetic
Reply 19
You realise if it was a major leak, they're legally obligated to make the students re-sit the exams to keep everything in balance with the other exam boards right?

I’m not ****in resitting 😶

Quick Reply

Latest