The Student Room Group

Amnesty for london moped gang members

This may be the only way to stop it

Basically these teenagers come from homes where they can't afford food, clothing, school items, and have resorted to crime.

The future for them is slave wages and never being able to afford rent.

So should we propose amnesty ?

Scroll to see replies

no they should be executed.
Reply 2
How does that work? They all turn in their mopeds and walk home?
Reply 3
London is becoming an utter abyss.
Reply 4
Original post by ThomH97
How does that work? They all turn in their mopeds and walk home?

they come forward now and avoid prosecution from any future investigation
The more logical solution would be to relocate the gang members/ trouble making people/ sharia loving immigrants to re - education camps set up in British Indian territories like Diego Garcia and ensure that when these youth return to the mainland they are re-oriented, re educated and ready to be culturally assimilated into the mainstream Brit culture. The life of the regular tax paying Briton should be safeguarded by the judiciary first. Without the indigenous people there is no Britain. Brits make Britain not the vice versa.

~ The Brown_Panda
Reply 6
Original post by Nalk1573
they come forward now and avoid prosecution from any future investigation

That's not amnesty, that's immunity in perpetuity! (Which might not be too far from what they have now anyway)

What would this amnesty involve and how would it prevent future crimes?
Reply 7

Basically these teenagers come from homes where they can't afford food, clothing, school items, and have resorted to crime.

No we should bring back National Service. Not everyone from a poor background turns to crime but those that do need structure and a positive influence in their life. Treat them too soft and they'll just go out and do the same again and probably worse.
Reply 8
Original post by ThomH97
That's not amnesty, that's immunity in perpetuity! (Which might not be too far from what they have now anyway)

What would this amnesty involve and how would it prevent future crimes?

their past crimes are wiped and forgotten, from the day of amnesty

any future crimes get prosecuted as usual
No, they should be punished.
their past crimes are wiped and forgotten, from the day of amnesty

any future crimes get prosecuted as usual

So how does that help prevent future crimes? Given that the cops aren't able to catch them for their past crimes as is anyway.
I thought you were talking about Amnesty the charity there. It sounded like an archetypal Daily Mail headline.

Now I know it's common noun amnesty, I have to say I don't see the point given we don't know who they are. They drive off before we catch their names.

OMG, how Scandinavian.

How about we chop off a finger the first time they are caught, and a hand the second time. The other hand the third time.

I propose that as the solution.

Don't see how this would stop anything, there's got to be a purpose for an amnesty.

Every so often there'll be a 'gun amnesty' - the purpose is to get guns off the streets on the basis that less guns means less gun crime.

People keeping a gun illegally who don't want to continue to keep it get to dispose of the gun without any awkward questions.

Can't see what we'd be getting off the moped gangs - do we make them promise not to do it again before letting them go?
Can we believe them if they're apparently unable (as you claim) to afford food and clothing without resorting to moped based crime and we're not doing anything to improve that situation?
"oh boo hoo I am poor so I can afford a moped and fuel but need to steal for food" these people need harsh punishment, physical labour and time.
A lot of these people simply want to make money, money and money. Loads of money in the shortest amount of time possible and what better way to do that than to rob people swiftly on mopeds? I won't deny that there are also a good number of these criminals that come from poor backgrounds were they weren't given many opportunities to make a living
Original post by AperfectBalance
"oh boo hoo I am poor so I can afford a moped and fuel but need to steal for food" these people need harsh punishment, physical labour and time.

They steal the mopeds, use them in further robberies and then trash the moped... moped criminals aren't using their own mopeds.
Original post by Joinedup
They steal the mopeds, use them in further robberies and then trash the moped... moped criminals aren't using their own mopeds.

I care little how they get the moped, giving amnesty to criminals sets the precedent that you can do some crime and get away with it due to the law.
Reply 18
Original post by AperfectBalance
I care little how they get the moped, giving amnesty to criminals sets the precedent that you can do some crime and get away with it due to the law.

It's a fair trade.

Give yourself up and your past crimes won't be prosecuted,

but they will if you commit more crime.

Criminals are emotional people, who have an obsession with "getting respect". You can't fight fire with fire and thraten to crack down even more on moped crime, the police by now have ran out of ideas.
Reply 19
Original post by The RAR
A lot of these people simply want to make money, money and money. Loads of money in the shortest amount of time possible and what better way to do that than to rob people swiftly on mopeds? I won't deny that there are also a good number of these criminals that come from poor backgrounds were they weren't given many opportunities to make a living

Obviously London culture and British culture drive this mentality.

Rent is too high, public transport is too high, university education is too high, air pollution is so bad it will knock a few years off your life, - so what's the point of being part of the system ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending