The Student Room Group

Double Standards When a Man Hits a Woman?

How come it's the case when a Women hits a man it's respected and considered justice in the right context, yet say if the man hits the Woman back not only will other Men likely beat him up, he will be called a 'Women Beater' and lose his social reputation? The same if a Man hits a Woman first yet in an extreme case. Also why is it if a man commits Assault on a Woman he is likely to serve a longer sentence then a Woman counterpart.

Some days I feel like I'm the only real 'Feminist', I believe in equal rights between Men and Women yet it seems Feminists focus entirely on Women's rights rather then Men's too, also why is it called 'Feminism', is that not biased to 'Fe' - males? Surely it should just be called Gender Equality?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_are_wonderful_effect

The above happens because women are more valuable on an evolutionary level than men are therefore people hold them in higher esteem and try to appease them. It's why you barely ever hear about the incredibly high male suicide rate (4:1 compared to women) and yet you can be certain that if 4 women killed themselves for every man it would be a national emergency.
(edited 5 years ago)
a woman hitting a man does hardly any damage

a man hitting a woman can do lots

very simple
Original post by TheCoolStool
How come it's the case when a Women hits a man it's respected and considered justice in the right context, yet say if the man hits the Woman back not only will other Men likely beat him up, he will be called a 'Women Beater' and lose his social reputation? The same if a Man hits a Woman first yet in an extreme case. Also why is it if a man commits Assault on a Woman he is likely to serve a longer sentence then a Woman counterpart.

Some days I feel like I'm the only real 'Feminist', I believe in equal rights between Men and Women yet it seems Feminists focus entirely on Women's rights rather then Men's too, also why is it called 'Feminism', is that not biased to 'Fe' - males? Surely it should just be called Gender Equality?

How about just don't hit anyone? :dontknow:
Reply 4
Original post by ayyy2

very simple

???????????????? not necessarily
Original post by ayyy2

very simple

What idiotic thing to say.
I practice Krav Maga twice a week and train with female partners.I can tell you right know a woman hitting a man can cause lots of damage.The idea it doesn't is a idiotic sexist comment.
For example,a punch to your throat can easily kill you,even from a small woman.
Original post by ayyy2

very simple

A person hitting anyone can do lots of damage.

I am a man and would barely be able to hurt a fly and there are plenty of women who could hit me and do a great deal of damage.

But hitting nobody would be the best.
Original post by YeFool
???????????????? not necessarily

perhaps there are exceptions.

but its much easier for an 80kg man to defend himself against an angry 55kg woman vs the other way around.

most domestic abuse is carried out by men
Original post by ayyy2

very simple

Have a fight with Ronda Rousey -see who wins
Original post by Jack22031994
Have a fight with Ronda Rousey -see who wins

thats like saying have a fight with muhammad ali

most men aren't like the ali and most women aren't like rousey
Reply 10
i am a feminist and i know lots of feminists. i've never heard of anyone approving hitting anyone, so where are we getting these statistics? :confused: i've also never heard that sentencing was based on sex, i mean besides hearsay on TSR.
Original post by Joleee
i am a feminist and i know lots of feminists. i've never heard of anyone approving hitting anyone, so where are we getting these statistics? :confused: i've also never heard that sentencing was based on sex, i mean besides hearsay on TSR.
I don't approve of it either, I never said that. Btw here's a whole study full of statistics: http://www.parity-uk.org/Briefing/MenandWomenandtheCJSfComplete.pdf
Reply 12
I don't approve of it either, I never said that. Btw here's a whole study full of statistics: http://www.parity-uk.org/Briefing/MenandWomenandtheCJSfComplete.pdf

which page does it say sentencing is based on sex?
Original post by Jack22031994
How about just don't hit anyone? :dontknow:

Hit the nail on the head
Original post by ayyy2

most domestic abuse is carried out by men

Only by not much of a margin. 60/40%
and worth noting that in nonreciprocal violence where the partner doesn't hit back , 70% of the time it is the woman doing the hitting.
Reply 15
simple: its sexist. the same left wing dicks who lecture us about equality of the sexes also expect women to be treated favourably in such circumstances.

Asymmetries of power, and therefore more must be done to protect the less powerful.
Original post by ayyy2

very simple

I must let my friend know. He spent a week in a high dependency unit after a woman half his weight hit him on the head with a high heel shoe in a taxi rank.
Original post by bobby147
What idiotic thing to say.
I practice Krav Maga twice a week and train with female partners.I can tell you right know a woman hitting a man can cause lots of damage.The idea it doesn't is a idiotic sexist comment.
For example,a punch to your throat can easily kill you,even from a small woman.

Yep. There are some girls in my Muay Thai classes, I'm 6'2'' 200+lbs and there are a couple of girls who can knock me back when I'm holding a kickpad for them.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Yep. There are some girls in my Muay Thai classes, I'm 6'2'' 200+lbs and there are a couple of girls who can knock me back when I'm holding a kickpad for them.

Holy sh*t,thats some power :eek: !
I never knew you did Muay Thai,I thought you just did boxing .We utilise some Muay Thai techniques in our Krav,I love the roundhouse kickd you do,they are so powerful.
I can only imagine the damage that a pure Muay Thai fighter like you can do :yes:.

Quick Reply