The Student Room Group

Plovdiv 2019 entry

2018*** and i guess 2019 entry 😂

If anyone has any questions or queries about entry to Plovdiv mu, ask here. I'm a 1st going onto 2nd-year student and ill try my best to help you guys out!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by rarajaja0
If anyone has any questions or queries about entry to Plovdiv mu, ask here. I'm a 1st going onto 2nd-year student and ill try my best to help you guys out!

Hey are you studying medicine in Plovdiv? I would like to ask what are the grade requirements and what agency did you use? Thanks x
Reply 2
Original post by A20065
Hey are you studying medicine in Plovdiv? I would like to ask what are the grade requirements and what agency did you use? Thanks x

Yeah, I am... grade requirements are meant to be BBB but this year anyway people have been let in with much lower grades, including Cs and the occasional Ds. So you should be fine even with a C or a D in bio/chem. However I've heard next year and the years onwards will be a bit tougher to enter due to increasing popularity of the foreign students.

And I used tutelage, they're not too great, we had a problem with A-level certificates which meant we had to pay an extra odd 150 quid despite promises of no other costs bar the upfront one...but we had no choice
Reply 3
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Ready for Anatomy on 27/28th :s-smilie:?

one colloquium, 13 essays and a load of MCQs a day.... ftdktysrjsrkdufytdykdtrsykrydky
Hey , when is the actual start date for uni? im hoping to get in this year , however i finish exams by November 16th at my current uni....and i know the start for plovdiv is October...do classes begin straight away or does that include orientation days. As in do you think i can i defer my entry? I really dont want to wait till next year to start med school. Thanks in advance!
Reply 5
Original post by LostStranger123
Hey , when is the actual start date for uni? im hoping to get in this year , however i finish exams by November 16th at my current uni....and i know the start for plovdiv is October...do classes begin straight away or does that include orientation days. As in do you think i can i defer my entry? I really dont want to wait till next year to start med school. Thanks in advance!

Uni is meant to start around mid September, and always had done, however for freshers of 2017 there was a complication that meant uni started around the 3rd of October. If everything goes to plan, then they should start earlier than that.

We had a semi-induction week but really we got straight into work, because we started so late anyway.

If you can't abandon your late ending cource I think the best bet would be to come up with some BS on visa issues or a uni unrelated document problem and explain that to the uni... or even a sob story. I feel like as long as you pay the semester fee you should be fine... Then again, the cource is becoming slightly more competitive so there might be an issue there, but I doubt it
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6

What did you get in A-Levels and GCSE’s?
Reply 7
Original post by Black Water
What did you get in A-Levels and GCSE’s?

A2: a*ab
AS: aaab
Gcse: 2a* 4a 4b
Reply 8
A2: a*ab
AS: aaab
Gcse: 2a* 4a 4b

Well done. What were your A-Levels?
Reply 9
Well done. What were your A-Levels?

I just said... A*AB
I was told it's easier to get into dentistry there? A few people older than me are there right now from the college I go to but I don't really know them well enough to really ask. I've just finished my A levels but didn't apply for dentistry since my predicted weren't up there. I have a few questions though since I'm sure the majority of people there speak Bulgarian and none to minimal English how is it even possible to communicate or get by when I don't even know a word of Bulgarian? Also how are the living expenses down there?
Reply 11
I just said... A*AB

No what subjects.
Reply 12
Knowing other peoples grades won't help, trust me. You need to focus on your grades and try your best.

Yeah, good point. :smile:
Are you going to be able to work in the UK once you graduate?
Reply 14
No what subjects.

ohhhhhh... sorry man :biggrin: Bio, chem and RE... the B was bio which is why i cant resit it and apply to somewhere like Exeter. But you don't need more than Bs to come here... i know people here with Ds if that's a concern. But don't make Plovdiv your first choice ever, try and get into the UK, Plovdiv should only ever be a backup.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 15
Knowing other peoples grades won't help, trust me. You need to focus on your grades and try your best.

That feel when you're just revising the practical and MCQs and are graciously prepared to take the L on essays :tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by tarataika
Are you going to be able to work in the UK once you graduate?

The whole situation, especially in light of brexit, is a tricky one. To condense it as much and as stupidly as possible, we are fine for now, and there shouldn't be any issues in the future, unless a problem arises such as consistent bad performance by plov graduates in the NHS, or perhaps a ridiculous new parliamentary bill on the licencing of foreign grads... but they're very unlikely, not impossible, but unlikely.
Yeah, I am... grade requirements are meant to be BBB but this year anyway people have been let in with much lower grades, including Cs and the occasional Ds. So you should be fine even with a C or a D in bio/chem. However I've heard next year and the years onwards will be a bit tougher to enter due to increasing popularity of the foreign students.

And I used tutelage, they're not too great, we had a problem with A-level certificates which meant we had to pay an extra odd 150 quid despite promises of no other costs bar the upfront one...but we had no choice

Hey!:smile: So with tutelage you have to have copies of your a level certificates when you apply or something -srry if i don't make much sense. I've basically recently done my A levels and awaiting results. Just confused what agency to use cause I saw loads of good reviews for tutelage and was searching for any bad reviews which i found here lol
so overall is it very costly to use tutelage and around how much was it if you don't mind me asking?
Also, is plovdiv any good as I think you mentioned that it shouldn't be your first choice and that it's best to get into a uk med school but it's so competitive:frown: Also went to a grammar school which was the worst decision I made in my life cause the exam boards are pretty tough so it's harder to get an A grade for example.

Any advice wold be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by Kalabamboo
Hey!:smile: So with tutelage you have to have copies of your a level certificates when you apply or something -srry if i don't make much sense. I've basically recently done my A levels and awaiting results. Just confused what agency to use cause I saw loads of good reviews for tutelage and was searching for any bad reviews which i found here lol
so overall is it very costly to use tutelage and around how much was it if you don't mind me asking?
Also, is plovdiv any good as I think you mentioned that it shouldn't be your first choice and that it's best to get into a uk med school but it's so competitive:frown: Also went to a grammar school which was the worst decision I made in my life cause the exam boards are pretty tough so it's harder to get an A grade for example.

Hi, I'm applying to Plovdiv this year and have my entrance exam in the next 2 weeks. I used SME but they charge far too much and their communication is awful to say the least. People seem to opt for Inter Hecs which seems like the best option so far to be fair and they are much cheaper.
Have you already applied and if so are you going to take your entrance exam this September?
Original post by Kalabamboo

It ain't the exam board pal. The grades depends on you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending