The Student Room Group

Want to give up with college :(

Need to vent and let everything out

So i'm in yr 12 and I feel like I want to give up with college, this mainly because i ballsed up my AS-levels so badly (like i've never done this bad before) so I've let both my parents and myself down and i just feel like trash.

Because of this I haven't felt the passion to do anything over then just lie in bed staring at the ceiling or just procrastinating on twitter, i also haven't been sleeping well because when i'm in bed i constantly think of how stupid i am.

I think what bothers me the most is that i worked really hard for these exams(As in I made notes and i did lots of Past papers) but in the end it all came to nothing

Idk what to do with my life now , I was wondering if anyone had any helpful advice they want to share , thanks :redface:
im y11, i f***** up my gcse. hope that helps. also my life has fallen apart.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
im y11, i f***** up my gcse. hope that helps. also my life has fallen apart.

aw don't worry i'm sure you did fine , lets both weep together :redface:

listening to xxx tentacion and lil peep is helping though. they are both dead and soon it will be me. both suffered mental health. its giving me a lot of comfort right now

Don't give up. Just stay positive and hope for the best. :smile:
Reply 5
Need to vent and let everything out

So i'm in yr 12 and I feel like I want to give up with college, this mainly because i ballsed up my AS-levels so badly (like i've never done this bad before) so I've let both my parents and myself down and i just feel like trash.

Because of this I haven't felt the passion to do anything over then just lie in bed staring at the ceiling or just procrastinating on twitter, i also haven't been sleeping well because when i'm in bed i constantly think of how stupid i am.

I think what bothers me the most is that i worked really hard for these exams(As in I made notes and i did lots of Past papers) but in the end it all came to nothing

Idk what to do with my life now , I was wondering if anyone had any helpful advice they want to share , thanks :redface:

Hey buddy dont worry, i flopped my as so bad, in 2016 had to retake, just finished a levels. But im going uni next year future looks bright. Trust me so many people were in ur situation. I honestly thought my life was over, but i guess when u get a second chance, u best take it
Reply 6
Did maths, chem bio, got CEU in my As, retook and ik i did better, however im changing my course to Computer Science in uni and really looking forward to it. Would recommend you to forgive yourself and worl really hard next year or chance your a levels
Reply 7
Original post by ProRoadman
Don't give up. Just stay positive and hope for the best. :smile:

thank you :smile:

Original post by John mck
Hey buddy dont worry, i flopped my as so bad, in 2016 had to retake, just finished a levels. But im going uni next year future looks bright. Trust me so many people were in ur situation. I honestly thought my life was over, but i guess when u get a second chance, u best take it

yeh i do have a chance to retake after summer but it just sucks because all the hard work i put in , is now gonna have to happen again over the summer while everyone else is having fun
Reply 8
listening to xxx tentacion and lil peep is helping though. they are both dead and soon it will be me. both suffered mental health. its giving me a lot of comfort right now

yeh i have tried that but i feel nothing now

Did maths, chem bio, got CEU in my As, retook and ik i did better, however im changing my course to Computer Science in uni and really looking forward to it. Would recommend you to forgive yourself and worl really hard next year or chance your a levels

i have a chance to retake after summer but it just sucks because i'm gonna be stuck indoors working while everyone else is out having fun
Reply 9
Work ur ass off, trust me man your situation aint bad if u get a chance to stay in college, i had to retake a whole year again. Anyway best of luck, hope it works out
Reply 10
I feel the exact same way. I also just took my ucas exams and failed them like ive never failed exams before and it sucks because i actually put in work to do well. ever since i got one of my results, i've felt this overwhelming sense of uselessness and worthlessness and just pure upset and disappointment in myself to the point that i've recently skipped an entire week of school (something i would've never even have dreamt of doing) and have absolutely no idea what im even living for what my purpose is. this truly is a really **** way to feel man
Work ur ass off, trust me man your situation aint bad if u get a chance to stay in college, i had to retake a whole year again. Anyway best of luck, hope it works out

i dont have any passion or motivation to work any harder now
Original post by girllx
I feel the exact same way. I also just took my ucas exams and failed them like ive never failed exams before and it sucks because i actually put in work to do well. ever since i got one of my results, i've felt this overwhelming sense of uselessness and worthlessness and just pure upset and disappointment in myself to the point that i've recently skipped an entire week of school (something i would've never even have dreamt of doing) and have absolutely no idea what im even living for what my purpose is. this truly is a really **** way to feel man

ik , i ****ing hate myself
anyone else got any advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending