The Student Room Group

HMRC customer service consultant

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone still not heard anything? Feel like I’m the only one still waiting. I thought they would release them all at the same time.
Yeah still waiting for Scotland locations.

Frustrating but it is what it is.
Let’s hope for Monday
Reply 162
Original post by Sweetnerx
Has anyone still not heard anything? Feel like I’m the only one still waiting. I thought they would release them all at the same time.

Same I’ve applied for the Manchester/Salford location and still no news, hate this.
Has anyone had a job offer for Liverpool?
Original post by kaysher246
Thanks Fizzwhizz, I dnt know. Not sure if there is even a chance of a job on the reserve list.

You will, not everyone will accept as it’s been such a long time probably got a job and also even if they do accept they may not like it.
Reply 165
Original post by civilservice
I've simply accepted by repling to the email they sent and changed email address and subject as per the instructions.

What are the other documents attached to the email? Do I need to complete any and send them anywhere???

the attached documents are just junk to be honest lol, explaining process ect....wonder how long this wait will be summited everything yesterday.
Original post by cain89
the attached documents are just junk to be honest lol, explaining process ect....wonder how long this wait will be summited everything yesterday.

Thanks @cain89.

So am I right in thinking that the only things we need to do is:

Send an email with their ACCEPT wording?

Complete the online information and choose ACCEPT on their civil service website?

Complete the DBS website info?

Is there anything I've missed?

I believe it can take around 6-8 weeks from acceptance. Might be worth sending them an email to clarify.
Reply 167
It may be worth checking again for those who haven’t received any news yet. I’ve got a provisional offer for the Manchester/Salford location this morning!
Reply 168
Thanks @cain89.

So am I right in thinking that the only things we need to do is:

Send an email with their ACCEPT wording?

Complete the online information and choose ACCEPT on their civil service website?

Complete the DBS website info?

Is there anything I've missed?

I believe it can take around 6-8 weeks from acceptance. Might be worth sending them an email to clarify.

Yes that's all I did you have 5 days to accept by email and online I believe and 7 days to send for DBS.
if you do email them let me know what they say..
Original post by cain89
Yes that's all I did you have 5 days to accept by email and online I believe and 7 days to send for DBS.
if you do email them let me know what they say..

Thanks cain. I've sent them an email and will let you know what they say. I have PM'd you with a question and hope you can help me.
Original post by zaref
It may be worth checking again for those who haven’t received any news yet. I’ve got a provisional offer for the Manchester/Salford location this morning!

Well done Zaref!
On reserve list for Glasgow. 4 4 4 so that’s not so great but at least I was successful.

I applied for the same role last year in East Kilbride and got 4 5 6 and I’m still on the reserve list for that lol
Reply 172
Does anyone know how long roughly do the pre-employment checks take?
Reply 173
Original post by zaref
Does anyone know how long roughly do the pre-employment checks take?

iv been told 6 to 8 weeks however I know someone who works as a civil servant they said there's took 2 week for checks and receive a start date think its just going to be another wait
I’m on the reserve list x
It's actually 4 weeks checks. I've confirmed this with them
I’m still waiting to hear from Scotland locations and it seems some from Glasgow have already heard.

It’s a joke
Reply 177
Yer still not heard anything from Newcastle not sure whats taking them so long my interview was back in April and was the last week of doing them
Guys, I've just done the standard DBS check as per instructions. Once completed, it said that I'd have to take my ID's to the relevant organisation. But civil service haven't requested this in their email. Does anyone know why? I hope I haven't missed something important :frown:
Reply 179
Guys, I've just done the standard DBS check as per instructions. Once completed, it said that I'd have to take my ID's to the relevant organisation. But civil service haven't requested this in their email. Does anyone know why? I hope I haven't missed something important :frown:

will off taken your ID at the interview stage

Quick Reply

Latest