The Student Room Group

Why hasn't anyone reported that Muslims dominate the young cohorts of "South Asian"?

Considering that amount of hate that occurs between Muslims and Non-Muslims outside the US, I think it's important to note that, in the youth demographics, the Muslims now out-dominate Non-Muslims by a large margin due to their high birth rate, essentially leaving Non-Muslim Indian groups as a weaker communities. I've personally come across more racism from Muslims that any other community in the world - including the far-right that prefer to use the Non-Muslim Indian community to against Muslims. I don't even think the concept of "South Asian" should exist at all!

Even-though we're young and underage, we still get treated as if we're bad and even criminal simply because we dislike all the racism surrounding Muslims. We socioeconomically wildly apart too, living in very different areas.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What are you talking about? I'm from the South Asian region, I don't see the point you're trying to make at all. Non-muslim population is much much higher than the muslims.
The difference is that they standout alot more and most muslim communities try to stick together, so there's a larger number of people in a particular area.
You could take an average batch of students from a school in South Asia, you'd only find 10~11 muslims out of 120 students or so.
I have a number of muslim friends as well but the number of non-muslim friends I have far outnumber them.

It's hysterical viewpoints like this that attract animosity towards muslim communities. Saying such a thing without proper research is a blasphemy honestly. It's the media that's promoting all the poison, people have no other choice than to foolishly accept what they see. Prove to the world through action what you can't through words. Whether you're the son of a criminal or a hero, you'll be treated the same in the ruthless modern society. No one would want someone else to succeed nowadays.

Stay far away from those who do ill, mock and degrade you. There's a plenty of mature people out there.
(edited 5 years ago)
No Muslims can be any race. There are many white converts myself included. One of the important figures in Islam, Bilal was a black man. Islam has no racism. Individual Muslims, probably can be racists but so can individuals from any background. I've personally seen plenty of Indian (Sikhs) being extremely racist towards black people does that mean every Sikh is racist? No of course not. As for the birth rate myth it's utter nonsense stirred up by far right groups.
Original post by iwininmyroom
Considering that amount of hate that occurs between Muslims and Non-Muslims outside the US

go to an US forum and say that

I think it's important to note that, in the youth demographics, the Muslims now out-dominate Non-Muslims by a large margin due to their high birth rate, essentially leaving Non-Muslim Indian groups as a weaker communities.

You do realize that anyone with basic GCSE geography knowledge would know that high birth rate =/= good?

Seems to me you don't belong in that "large margin" group.

I've personally come across more racism from Muslims that any other community in the world - including the far-right that prefer to use the Non-Muslim Indian community to against Muslims. I don't even think the concept of "South Asian" should exist at all!

Seeing as South Asian-Non Muslims also get hate for things like the Pakistani muslim grooming gangs, I'd say it's fair.

Even-though we're young and underage, we still get treated as if we're bad and even criminal simply because we dislike all the racism surrounding Muslims. We socioeconomically wildly apart too, living in very different areas.

Most Muslim communities in the UK live together and rarely racially mix with other races. I think non-Muslim communities experience the same kind of racism Muslims experience when they go to a Muslim area.

Overall this is just a bunch of bull **** with no form of evidence to start hate between non-Muslims and Muslims, as if there isn't one anyway!

Even so, I've got data from the british government suggesting other wise darling.

Seems to be Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are some of the under achievers. What a shame(!)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/439867/RR439B-Ethnic_minorities_and_attainment_the_effects_of_poverty_annex.pdf.pdf

page 24

And even so, if you cant do that simple navigation, here's the chart that they have:

Capture.JPG
just stfu kid
Reply 5
This is true, the culture of Islam is simply incompatible with British culture, in my experience, Indians seem to integrate better than Pakistanis and Bangladeshis due to the former having less muslims. ( I am aware that there is a significant Muslim population in India but it seemsany if the Indians who come here are not Muslims)

I've heard of many complaints from Indians about the media lumping Indians and Pakistanis together in the term "South Asian" as the cultures are very different due to the religious aspect.
Reply 6
Original post by Lychee245
No Muslims can be any race. There are many white converts myself included. One of the important figures in Islam, Bilal was a black man. Islam has no racism. Individual Muslims, probably can be racists but so can individuals from any background. I've personally seen plenty of Indian (Sikhs) being extremely racist towards black people does that mean every Sikh is racist? No of course not. As for the birth rate myth it's utter nonsense stirred up by far right groups.

The birth rate thing is not a myth, see below

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_population_growth
Original post by Lychee245

how did you convert?
Original post by e^iπ
This is true, the culture of Islam is simply incompatible with British culture, in my experience, Indians seem to integrate better than Pakistanis and Bangladeshis due to the former having less muslims. ( I am aware that there is a significant Muslim population in India but it seemsany if the Indians who come here are not Muslims)

I've heard of many complaints from Indians about the media lumping Indians and Pakistanis together in the term "South Asian" as the cultures are very different due to the religious aspect.

How do you know that an Indian is Muslims or not ? Do you ask them ? Also, Muslims have been living in Britain for decades. Do you have any evidence for the idea that Pakistanis don’t integrate as well ?

Original post by e^iπ
The birth rate thing is not a myth, see below

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_population_growth

Wikipedia is not a reliable source
Original post by Ikhan1
How do you know that an Indian is Muslims or not ? Do you ask them ? Also, Muslims have been living in Britain for decades. Do you have any evidence for the idea that Pakistanis don’t integrate as well ?

It's a known thing that there is a VERY large population of Hindus in India in comparison to Muslims.

Many of the communities that don't tend to mix with other communities are those normally of Pakistani communities.

Original post by Ikhan1

Neither is Al Jazeera but many use it on TSR :/
Reply 10
Original post by Ikhan1

Yes, the Indians in questions are my friends and so I know their religious beliefs.

Almost all of the experience I have with Pakistanis is that they segregate themselves. On top of that many of them drink despite their religion forbidding it and they perform poorly in school (of course there are some exceptions.

If you look at the bottom of the Wikipedia page I linked you will see the sources, CIA and pew research are amongst them so you although poorly referenced Wikipedia articles can be unreliable this is not one of them and thus the point that Muslims reproduce faster than any other religion still stands.
Original post by RickHendricks
Neither is Al Jazeera but many use it on TSR :/

Yes, Hinduism is the predominant religion in India. But I asked the pp how he knows that all the Indians in the Uk are not Muslim, I wondered how he observed his theory that the Muslims are the ones that don’t integrate.
Still no evidence that Pakistani communities are the ones that “don’t tend to mix”....

And I wasn’t talking about Al Jazeera, I was talking about Wikipedia....neither are reliable.
Original post by e^iπ
Yes, the Indians in questions are my friends and so I know their religious beliefs.

Almost all of the experience I have with Pakistanis is that they segregate themselves. On top of that many of them drink despite their religion forbidding it and they perform poorly in school (of course there are some exceptions.

If you look at the bottom of the Wikipedia page I linked you will see the sources, CIA and pew research are amongst them so you although poorly referenced Wikipedia articles can be unreliable this is not one of them and thus the point that Muslims reproduce faster than any other religion still stands.

Can you give an example of how “almost all of your experiences” with Pakistanis is that they segregate themselves ? What makes you think that they do that ? It might be because you already slightly have a biased against them (without realizing), that you can’t integrate with them yourself, so they seem more closed off.
I don’t see how them drinking has anything to do with this, especially since most of them don’t. Plus, more non-Pakistanis are the ones that drink. There are many “exceptions”. I agree that more Pakistani boys preform poorer than Pakistani girls.
Reply 13
Original post by Ikhan1
Can you give an example of how “almost all of your experiences” with Pakistanis is that they segregate themselves ? What makes you think that they do that ? It might be because you already slightly have a biased against them (without realizing), that you can’t integrate with them yourself, so they seem more closed off.
I don’t see how them drinking has anything to do with this, especially since most of them don’t. Plus, more non-Pakistanis are the ones that drink. There are many “exceptions”. I agree that more Pakistani boys preform poorer than Pakistani girls.

Well I'm not the only one that can't integrate with them, many people in my school couldn't regardless of race.

Pakistanis as a whole perform worse in education than other ethnic groups why do you think that is? Is it due to the lack of willingness to integrate into western education?

Here are some statistics by GOV.co.uk

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/education-skills-and-training/11-to-16-years-old/percentage-achieving-a-c-in-english-and-maths/latest

You still haven't addresses by earlier point about Muslim birth rate?
Original post by e^iπ
Well I'm not the only one that can't integrate with them, many people in my school couldn't regardless of race.

Pakistanis as a whole perform worse in education than other ethnic groups why do you think that is? Is it due to the lack of willingness to integrate into western education?

Here are some statistics by GOV.co.uk

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/education-skills-and-training/11-to-16-years-old/percentage-achieving-a-c-in-english-and-maths/latest

You still haven't addresses by earlier point about Muslim birth rate?

And you still haven’t given me any examples on how they “don’t integrate” in school. Your own statistics prove your statement of “Pakistanis as a whole preform worse in education that other ethnic groups”, wrong.
Yes, maybe older Pakistanis are less willing and to integrate, but younger British-Pakistanis are. Just because they prefer to hang out with each other, does not mean they are not “integrating”, maybe see what your going wrong ? Maybe it is them, and they still don’t feel like they fit in ? They like to hang out with people they can relate to, just like everyone else.
And regarding the Muslim birth-rate, what the problem ? If it’s not Muslims it would be Christians, or Hindus or Jews. I’m sure nobody would be complaining then ?
Reply 15
Original post by Ikhan1
And you still haven’t given me any examples on how they “don’t integrate” in school. Your own statistics prove your statement of “Pakistanis as a whole preform worse in education that other ethnic groups”, wrong.
Yes, maybe older Pakistanis are less willing and to integrate, but younger British-Pakistanis are. Just because they prefer to hang out with each other, does not mean they are not “integrating”, maybe see what your going wrong ? Maybe it is them, and they still don’t feel like they fit in ? They like to hang out with people they can relate to, just like everyone else.
And regarding the Muslim birth-rate, what the problem ? If it’s not Muslims it would be Christians, or Hindus or Jews. I’m sure nobody would be complaining then ?

How does my statement prove cold hard statistics wrong? Pakistanis perform below even that of Thier white British counterparts while all the other countries perform above, how do you explain that?

And as you can see from the wiki article, the other religions birth rate is less. It's not as if Muslims are "stealing" babies, even if Muslims didn't exist, the birth rate amongst other religions would be the same.
Original post by e^iπ
How does my statement prove cold hard statistics wrong? Pakistanis perform below even that of Thier white British counterparts while all the other countries perform above, how do you explain that?

And as you can see from the wiki article, the other religions birth rate is less. It's not as if Muslims are "stealing" babies, even if Muslims didn't exist, the birth rate amongst other religions would be the same.

No, your cold hard statistics prove your statement wrong. Read the article again. White gypsy Roma boys and white Irish travelers are the lowest preforming.
Reply 17
Original post by Ikhan1
No, your cold hard statistics prove your statement wrong. Read the article again. White gypsy Roma boys and white Irish travelers are the lowest preforming.

Ok so that must mean Pakistanis are proud that they are not the lowest performing group...

The two ethnic minorities dont even deserve to be part of the arguement as they are not a large minority and many of them don't even go to school.

The point of the statistics was to show just how low the Pakistani performance in education was, not that it was the lowest, why do Pakistanis perform worse than Indians despite both coming from roughly the same region and evem sharing some aspect of their culture? (Urdu is very similar to Hindi from what I've heard)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Ikhan1

Capture.JPG

Taken from statistics from the British Government
I honestly have no idea what you’re saying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending