The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Offering a UKCAT course for £50 in central london this week only!

I scored 822.5, Band 1, have taught UKCAT/BMAT for 4 years and have worked for the big companies. All details are available on my twitter account, @grimworldview .

Reply 81
After receiving 4 rejections, 3 pre-interview and 1 post, decided to give medicine another chance. Booked ukcat foe next month
Original post by Bmd28
After receiving 4 rejections, 3 pre-interview and 1 post, decided to give medicine another chance. Booked ukcat foe next month

I am sure you will get it this time! I am in a similar boat but decided to do it via grad entry :biggrin:
Reply 83
Original post by DoctorMoonlight
I am sure you will get it this time! I am in a similar boat but decided to do it via grad entry :biggrin:

I'm actually graduate as well
Reply 84
Original post by Lola290
When is it?

Original post by c++renegade

Offering a UKCAT course for £50 in central london this week only!

I scored 822.5, Band 1, have taught UKCAT/BMAT for 4 years and have worked for the big companies. All details are available on my twitter account, @grimworldview .

When is it?
Anybody know what a good indication of a ukcat score is according to medify's percentages?

My overall average is 65% (I know that's crap). VR is 71%; DM is 59%; QR is 62%; AR is 58% and SJT is 78%. Idk if this shows I'm making progress or not. I'm on my fifth week of 'studying' and have my ukcat in 4 weeks. :frown:

Some advice would be appreciated :h:
Original post by aallisonn
Anybody know what a good indication of a ukcat score is according to medify's percentages?

My overall average is 65% (I know that's crap). VR is 71%; DM is 59%; QR is 62%; AR is 58% and SJT is 78%. Idk if this shows I'm making progress or not. I'm on my fifth week of 'studying' and have my ukcat in 4 weeks. :frown:

I'm at 70 but idk how accurate of a representation that score is :/ My UKCAT is also in 4 weeks btw.
(edited 5 years ago)

DM doesn't look too healthy so perhaps you could identify where you are going wrong and practice those areas; with QR the actual test is said to be much easier so I wouldn't stress about that... It's all about practice and how you feel you are doing compared to yourself minus all the practice you just did... you could compare percentages in a weeks time.. Otherwise good luck and don't stress too much! 4 weeks is plenty of time to practice!
Original post by supergrad
DM doesn't look too healthy so perhaps you could identify where you are going wrong and practice those areas; with QR the actual test is said to be much easier so I wouldn't stress about that... It's all about practice and how you feel you are doing compared to yourself minus all the practice you just did... you could compare percentages in a weeks time.. Otherwise good luck and don't stress too much! 4 weeks is plenty of time to practice!

Yeah, DM is my weakest because I spend too long on some questions or I just can't figure them out.

And thanks! Hoping to get 1 mock done this week on medify to get a better indication
Original post by arigziegler
I'm at 70 but idk how accurate of a representation that score is :/ My UKCAT is also in 4 weeks btw.

Oh woah! I feel like the percentages on medify don't really help because of how **** I was at the beginning 😂

Good luck! Are you applying for the standard 5 year course? I'm applying for GEM.
Oh woah! I feel like the percentages on medify don't really help because of how **** I was at the beginning 😂

Good luck! Are you applying for the standard 5 year course? I'm applying for GEM.

For anyone using Medify, did you pay to use it?
Original post by Ufuovefe
For anyone using Medify, did you pay to use it?

Yeah, you pay to use it.

They just direct you to a page where you fill in your card details. You get a receipt sent to your email address.
(edited 5 years ago)

It's going to depend on my results but I'd personally prefer to apply to the 5 year courses. Plus id be self paying either way so I'd rather leave GEM to those who are doing it for the financial aid :P

Hi there!

2018 UKCAT taker here, retaking it again this year to give advice to those at my school thinking about UK med. I'd argue that the scores are fairly representative over a long period of time, when you have finished roughly 90% of the questions.

I did pretty badly last year (655avg band 3) and still managed to get into med school so to those worrying - don't! It's not the end of the world as I thought it might have been.

Last year I revised for roughly a month and a half, this year I had 15 days. My exam is in 8 days as of now :tongue:
Original post by MagicalMedic
Hi there!

2018 UKCAT taker here, retaking it again this year to give advice to those at my school thinking about UK med. I'd argue that the scores are fairly representative over a long period of time, when you have finished roughly 90% of the questions.

I did pretty badly last year (655avg band 3) and still managed to get into med school so to those worrying - don't! It's not the end of the world as I thought it might have been.

Last year I revised for roughly a month and a half, this year I had 15 days. My exam is in 8 days as of now :tongue:

Where did you apply and what offers did you get?
Good luck for your UKCAT too!!
Original post by leverarch
Where did you apply and what offers did you get?
Good luck for your UKCAT too!!

I applied to Leicester, Cambridge, UCL, and Birmingham. Had interview offers from Leicester, Cambridge, and Birmingham, got post-interview rejection from Cambridge, an offer from Leicester, and I did not attend my Birmingham interview as I withdrew my application for personal reasons. UCL rejected me really late, in like March, pre-interview.

That's 3/4 interviews with 2/2 UKCAT unis despite the "bad" score. I had to switch Glasgow for Birmingham (did so last-minute despite having done my UKCAT mid-july...), and I realised it wouldn't be a uni for me a bit too late. But I applied to my strengths, and that was key!

I had good-ish IGCSEs (7A* 1A out of 10 IGCSEs), and a good predicted score in IB (3A* equivalent). But interviews is what really can make or break an application!

Thank you, and good luck to you too! I'm sure you'll do great! :smile:
It's going to depend on my results but I'd personally prefer to apply to the 5 year courses. Plus id be self paying either way so I'd rather leave GEM to those who are doing it for the financial aid :P

That makes sense. I defo need the financial aid.
How're you finding UKCAT so far?
Original post by MagicalMedic
Hi there!

I don't think I've done about 90% of questions yet, so I'll take your word. :smile:

I'm applying for GEM courses at UKCAT unis such as Warwick and King's. Also, good luck with the exam. :biggrin:
That makes sense. I defo need the financial aid.
How're you finding UKCAT so far?

Not bad, I took it last year already so it's not too much of a surprise thank god.
I've only done 1500 questions so far, so I guess my score isn't yet quite representative.
QR is giving me such a hard time, despite the fact that it was my best section last year :'(
What about you? What date is yours scheduled for?
Not bad, I took it last year already so it's not too much of a surprise thank god.
I've only done 1500 questions so far, so I guess my score isn't yet quite representative.
QR is giving me such a hard time, despite the fact that it was my best section last year :'(
What about you? What date is yours scheduled for?

Ah, so you already have an idea of how it is. I did it about a few odd years ago whilst I was still doing A Levels; everything seems to have changes since then.

You've done a lot more than I have!! I've done around 900 so far. QR is easier in the exam tho. I noticed on medify they overcomplicated it.

Mine's on the 26th July. I'm finding timing for AR and QR really hard.

Latest

Trending

Trending