The Student Room Group

Who would you support; Iran or Saudi Arabia?

Poll

Who do you support; Iran or Saudi Arabia?

The never ending saga of Israel vs. Palestine if a fairly common one on this forum but i was wondering; if people were asked to chose between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Iran in whom to support who would you chose?

I mean it's somewhat of a poisoned question they're both heinous in their foreign and internal policies but none the less. Please do justify your answer as well :smile:

Personally I would have to go with Iran though. A fascinating country with a beautiful history and as far as its domestic politics goes it atleast has a semblance of democracy whilst KSA doesnt even attempt to have a facade of it. In its foreign policy whilst some might get offended by its support for Hamas and Hezbollah in ones view it pales in comparison to what the Saudis get up to from their genocide in Yemen, backing Sadam, spreading terror across the world [remember all of these delightful terror groups hail from the Saudi sponsored wahhabi strain of Islam whilst i'm struggling to think of a single terror attack committed in the west either directly aided abetted by Iran or in the name of Shia islam as a stand alone reason. [remember that several of the 9/11 attackers were found to have numerous links to the government of the KSA]

Poll included!
Iran. Saudi Arabia is like ISIS with a government.
Iran for sure. At this point id probably support it over the US.
Ideally, neither. However if I had to choose, probably KSA, solely for the fact that it seems to be progressing rapidly, as Iran seems to be getting no where. Also saudis are very proud of where they come from, which I respect
Neither.

But would know which one our enlightened Conservative government and those who vote for them support.
Reply 6
Original post by Andrew97
Neither ideally...

In this black and white world we live in the 3rd way has been blocked im afraid :tongue:
Original post by Ikhan1
Ideally, neither. However if I had to choose, probably KSA, solely for the fact that it seems to be progressing rapidly, as Iran seems to be getting no where. Also saudis are very proud of where they come from, which I respect

I'm curious what you mean by "progressing rapidly" here? I mean Iran has elections, certain rights for women etc. whilst even Saudi token gestures at these seem to be somewhat half assed
Original post by Napp
In this black and white world we live in the 3rd way has been blocked im afraid :tongue:

I'm curious what you mean by "progressing rapidly" here? I mean Iran has elections, certain rights for women etc. whilst even Saudi token gestures at these seem to be somewhat half assed

In which case, to sound like a total arse given that they are as bad as one another I would go with the one that can sell us cheaper oil and who we can do more profitable trade with.
Reply 8
Original post by Andrew97
In which case, to sound like a total arse given that they are as bad as one another I would go with the one that can sell us cheaper oil and who we can do more profitable trade with.

Can't argue with that reasoning to be honest, fair play to you old boy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending