The Student Room Group

DSA timeline

Hi

I’m just wondering what the timeline is for an application of DSA. I can’t find anything online to advise on how long each process takes.

Just hoping I can get it sorted before term starts

Sarah
Hi Sarah, once you've applied for Disabled Student Allowance's (DSA), you would also need to send us in your medical evidence to confirm what the diagnosis is, when diagnosed, the daily effects and whether the disability is long or short term.

If the evidence you provide is accepted the DSA team will then write out to you requesting you to attend a Study Needs Assessment at your nearest Needs Assessment Centre which we will cover the cost of. Once you have attended your Needs Assessor will put together a report detailing your needs and recommendations.

Once we receive this report from them we can then put together your DSA support and a letter detailing your entitlement will be issued to you. The timescales of each process varies dependent on the time of year.

Regards, Aisha.
Reply 2
Original post by Aisha SFE
Hi Sarah, once you've applied for Disabled Student Allowance's (DSA), you would also need to send us in your medical evidence to confirm what the diagnosis is, when diagnosed, the daily effects and whether the disability is long or short term.

If the evidence you provide is accepted the DSA team will then write out to you requesting you to attend a Study Needs Assessment at your nearest Needs Assessment Centre which we will cover the cost of. Once you have attended your Needs Assessor will put together a report detailing your needs and recommendations.

Once we receive this report from them we can then put together your DSA support and a letter detailing your entitlement will be issued to you. The timescales of each process varies dependent on the time of year.

Regards, Aisha.

Thanks for your reply. I sent medical evidence with my application. Could u advise the timescales as of now please.

Thanks Sarah
Original post by sjt57
Thanks for your reply. I sent medical evidence with my application. Could u advise the timescales as of now please.

Thanks Sarah

Hi Sarah, the current timescales to process DSA medical evidence from the day it was received is approximately 5 to 7 working days.

Reagrds, Aisha.
Reply 4
Hi Aisha, could you please inform me of the current timescales to process DSA application with medical evidence? Many thanks.
Original post by hd204
Hi Aisha, could you please inform me of the current timescales to process DSA application with medical evidence? Many thanks.

Hi

The current processing time for DSA applications with medical evidence is approximately 9 working days.

Thanks
Gerard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending