The Student Room Group

Social media dating

What sort of stuff should guys message women to get them on instagram and how long should they talk before asking the women out or for their number?
Reply 1
"to get them"?

They shouldn't, tbh. You come across like a massive ****
Depends how thirsty/ emotionally mature both parties are

Messages range from bland introductions to genuine interests in their hobbies/subject matters
Reply 3
Original post by Drewski
"to get them"?

They shouldn't, tbh. You come across like a massive ****

to get them interested?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
to get them interested?

I refer you to my second point
Reply 5
"Hi, you're cute"

*rejection*

"go away, you *****. I am a nice guy"

Spoiler

Reply 6
Original post by ForestShadow
Depends how thirsty/ emotionally mature both parties are

Messages range from bland introductions to genuine interests in their hobbies/subject matters

How do you jump topics lol all we discussed about is holidays for 2 days but we only sent like 4 messages and i need to keep the conversation flowing
I don't know man this online dating thing is really risky. You have no idea how the person is in real life but just chat random topic both of you are interested in and if things go well than you should ask.
How do you jump topics lol all we discussed about is holidays for 2 days but we only sent like 4 messages and i need to keep the conversation flowing

if you're asking questions and keeping it interesting and personal yet they dont ask questions back - maybe they're not interested?

for topic changes just use a key word eg they said:

'yeah Im going to Spain this summer to see family'

you can say
'so do you like Spanish food'
'what are your family like in Spain'
'are Spanish ppl very different'
'where do you want to live later in life'
' are you more of a summer than winter person then'
'have you seen Spain in the world cup'

etc - all use Spain as the keyword/idea

or you can just make an honest blatant change and say

'sudden subject change but what do you think about x /how do you feel about x etc'

having the honesty and confidence to just state you're changing the subject can work too
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Very helpful thanks

if you're asking questions and keeping it interesting and personal yet they dont ask questions back - maybe they're not interested?

you can say

'sudden subject change but what do you think about x /how do you feel about x etc'

having the honesty and confidence to just state you're changing the subject can work too
How would you close it off like randomly put it out there you want to meet?

you can say

How would you close it off like randomly put it out there you want to meet?

slow down tiger that's a bit much unless you're both only looking for a short term casual thing

after talking a while you can simply mention you find their opinions/views interesting/intriguing and would like to hear more over coffee sometime

if you want more of a date instead of a simple coffee, when you talk about any country / place, pick out good spots and say 'I'd like to go there', if its mutual shift to 'we should go there lol' (humorously in the future) and then finally choose some places that are similar near both of you (eg similar in food, activity type) and suggest to meet there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending