The Student Room Group

Which GCSE went the worst for you?

curious to find out which GCSE you thought you messed up on the most and or did badly on. For me I think the worst was French because the listening and reading went awful! praying for a 5 lol
Edexcel maths🙄
Reply 2
Original post by emily897
Edexcel maths🙄

yeah i do the same exam bd i thought paper 1 went really good but thought papers 2 and 3 were hell rip
Original post by Harry171
yeah i do the same exam bd i thought paper 1 went really good but thought papers 2 and 3 were hell rip

Yeah me too :/ what grade you hoping for?
Reply 4
Chemistry
Reply 5
Original post by emily897
Yeah me too :/ what grade you hoping for?

idk i wanted a 7+ but i think a 6 is realistic now but if I got a 6 I wouldn't be mad at it
R.E. I knew the answers to the questions but my timing was awful.
Reply 7
Original post by Lucasta
Chemistry

which paper did you find hardest?? (I thought they were both quite tricky tbh)
French Speaking and Listening
Chemistry Paper 1
english language, i was terrible at the creative writing under pressure, but outside of the exam i was making rlly creative stories...sigh
Reply 10
curious to find out which GCSE you thought you messed up on the most and or did badly on. For me I think the worst was French because the listening and reading went awful! praying for a 5 lol

Yh same, it was the only subject I didn't pass, well I got a D which is a pass in languages they say but mainly because our class use to f*ck about bares

Just an insight, we used to put glue and staples in out teachers coffee, mans were trying to kill that women in our class
AQA English Language Paper 1

Edexcel Combined Science Physics Paper 2 (surprisingly badly - was hoping for an 8/9 but I doubt it now :frown:)
English Language (and Literature)...but then I expected that :/
Reply 13
Original post by Loci Pi
AQA English Language Paper 1

Edexcel Combined Science Physics Paper 2 (surprisingly badly - was hoping for an 8/9 but I doubt it now :frown:)

Physics is definitely the hardest science out of the three and the grade boundaries always show that! You might have done better than you think. Even if you don't get an 8/9 and you get a 7 or even a 6 those are not bad grades, you can still do whatever you want with them :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by bfm.mcdermott
English Language (and Literature)...but then I expected that :/

I was really annoyed with literature because English had always been my strongest subject but the poem singh song came up on our exam bd and I was so annoyed because that was the one poem i avoided (literally any other poem I would have been fine with). I made up all of my analysis on the spot. I froze and didn't even read the question and compared it to a poem that didn't even fit what they were asking :// Other than that question all the others went good so I'm still hoping for a 7/8 because I know the 9 is a definite no now
English literature paper 2 (ran out of time aghhh!) and probs bio paper 1 as made stupid mistakes. Ooh also geography seeing as though my teacher (who has taught a level geography) said he couldn’t do some of the questions - which is just GREAT to hear.
RE, Economics, Geography Paper 3. RE because I just couldn't revise for it. The other 2 is because of the wording - I just didn't know what to write.

I hope I get at least 6s, I've lowered my expectations.
Reply 17
Original post by Estermont
RE, Economics, Geography Paper 3. RE because I just couldn't revise for it. The other 2 is because of the wording - I just didn't know what to write.

I hope I get at least 6s, I've lowered my expectations.

lool i think everyone has lowered their expectations i know i definitely have
Physics is definitely the hardest science out of the three and the grade boundaries always show that! You might have done better than you think. Even if you don't get an 8/9 and you get a 7 or even a 6 those are not bad grades, you can still do whatever you want with them :smile:

Personally I (usually) find Physics the easiest of the sciences. Surprisingly though, both of my Chemistry exams went really well and that is normally the science I'm worst at, so hopefully that will bring my Combined Science grade up a bit.

Best of luck for results day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest