The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

How realistic is this?

Changing Universities in first year from the University of Newcastle to something like the University of Nottingham? Do they still take a look at your A-Levels or is the focus entirely on your first year's academic performance?
Reply 1
:bump:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I think they look at both. At least when I tried to transfer in first year for second year somewhere else they did. I didn’t end up doing it because the places that gave me offers wanted me to start from first year. Still my A Levels were a lot lower than their requirements, so maybe that’s an option if you don’t mind an extra year of uni?
Reply 3
Original post by s.a.u
I think they look at both. At least when I tried to transfer in first year for second year somewhere else they did. I didn’t end up doing it because the places that gave me offers wanted me to start from first year. Still my A Levels were a lot lower than their requirements, so maybe that’s an option if you don’t mind an extra year of uni?

Thanks for the reply! If you dont mind me asking, which uni did you plan on transferring to?
Reply 4
Original post by ihelpu
Thanks for the reply! If you dont mind me asking, which uni did you plan on transferring to?

I was trying to transfer from Essex to elsewhere. Applied to Leicester, Nottingham, Birmingham, Glasgow, and Manchester (this one was for a wildly different course). Leicester said yes, didn’t fancy Glasgow so ended up staying. Economics and Politics was my course, tried back in 2012
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by s.a.u
I was trying to transfer from Essex to elsewhere. Applied to Leicester, Nottingham, Birmingham, Glasgow, and Manchester (this one was for a wildly different course). Leicester said yes, didn’t fancy Glasgow so ended up staying. Economics and Politics was my course, tried back in 2012

oh right, thanks a lot @s.a.u for your help!
Reply 6
Original post by ihelpu
oh right, thanks a lot @s.a.u for your help!

You’re welcome, good luck!
Sorry to interrupt coz I've nothing to offer as in opinion to whats asked but i do have a question of related topic. I wanted to ask that do Unis show some leniency towards applicants during clearing period regarding minimum entry requirements?
Nottingham doesnt allow transfers into second year on undergraduate courses.
Reply 9
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Nottingham doesnt allow transfers into second year on undergraduate courses.

Oh really, even if I apply to the same course? I always assumed they wouldn't let students transfer if the students want to change courses as well as Universities or if the course syllabus is too dissimilar from the first year course syllabus at Nottingham.
Original post by ihelpu
Oh really, even if I apply to the same course? I always assumed they wouldn't let students transfer if the students want to change courses as well as Universities or if the course syllabus is too dissimilar from the first year course syllabus at Nottingham.

I would email student services and ask but i doubt it, we do a different modular structure then most unis...

6 modules a semester generally and 5 exams every semester! Thats not something you want to get used to in 2nd year, coming from a different university.
Reply 11
Original post by Realitysreflexx
I would email student services and ask but i doubt it, we do a different modular structure then most unis...

6 modules a semester generally and 5 exams every semester! Thats not something you want to get used to in 2nd year, coming from a different university.

That is true, I will definitely email student services, thanks for the tip @Realitysreflexx!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending