The Student Room Group

Is it possible to transfer after a foundation year?

Ive seen so many threads on this, but here is where i'm confused most univeristies do foundation year with 3 year degree, i recenlty contacted Kingston about their foundation year and if could transfer after my foundation year and they said no but i read from here that someone transfered from Kingston to KCL.

I really want to know if its still possible, like to do a foundation year that also has a 3 year degree attached to it or does it have to be a stand alone foundation year and if it is i cannot find any for my course i want to later study (BIOMED)

many thanks

Scroll to see replies

I don't think you can after a foundation year.
I didn't transfer per se but I did fill out a UCAS application and go through normal procedure during my foundation year in Life Sciences to do, coincidentally, a degree in Biomedical Science. Did it an entirely different university etc.
Reply 3
oh god don't go to kingston. just no,
i'm actually going to transfer from there this summer and i can't wait to leave
Reply 4
where did you study and was it like a foundation year including 3 year degree??
Original post by PlayWithMarkers
I didn't transfer per se but I did fill out a UCAS application and go through normal procedure during my foundation year in Life Sciences to do, coincidentally, a degree in Biomedical Science. Did it an entirely different university etc.
Reply 5
is it possible to transfer from kingston??

Original post by azzieka
oh god don't go to kingston. just no,
i'm actually going to transfer from there this summer and i can't wait to leave
Reply 6
Original post by Pearlfection1
I don't think you can after a foundation year.

i contacted the university i wanted to go to and they accept foundation year but im not sure where to do the foundation year that will let me tranfer
Have contacted Kingston. KCL won’t accept transfers form Kingston. So avoid Kingston at all costs.
Original post by Fa123123
where did you study and was it like a foundation year including 3 year degree??

I studied at Aberystwyth and it was a 4 year degree including a year foundation. I got into some decent universities from it (Manchester etc.) but they all wanted me to do another foundation year so by and large I'd say there's not that much worth in them to be honest. I ended up at UCLAN which is definitely not KCL (where I'm going in September actually)
Reply 9
I’ve just done a foundation year at uel and swapped out to finish my degree at goldsmiths. You don’t have to transfer you can apply to any other uni through UCAS and as long at you finish the foundation with high enough grades to meet the standards they look for then you are fine.
is it possible to transfer from kingston??

Yes, it definitely is. Quite a few unis will accept the transfer, as long as you get the grades
Reply 11
Original post by ProRoadman
Have contacted Kingston. KCL won’t accept transfers form Kingston. So avoid Kingston at all costs.

i read that someone went kingston and transfered to KCL, what did kingston say?
Reply 12
i read that someone went kingston and transfered to KCL, what did kingston say?

It's not up to Kingston, it would be up to KCL to decide if they would accept a transfer or not. Contact KCL and ask them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ProRoadman

Hmm, that's odd because when i was applying they had said it was fine....
Reply 14
Original post by azzieka
Hmm, that's odd because when i was applying they had said it was fine....

did you contact kingston or KCL?
did you contact kingston or KCL?

I contacted KCL directly.

Why did you transfer from Life sciences to Biomedical?
Original post by TerribleGrades
Why did you transfer from Life sciences to Biomedical?

Bit late to this sorry. Initially I planned to move into Zoology but after experiencing it firsthand changed tack and want to move into Medicine, plus, unfortunately, the Biomed course was a lot closer to my now ex girlfriend.
Reply 18

How did you enter this on UCAS as there is no option for foundation year on qualifications?
Original post by tivon
How did you enter this on UCAS as there is no option for foundation year on qualifications?

I requested my transcript from uel and then uploaded that if I remember correctly, could possibly have just added a note with my predicted grades.

Latest

Trending

Trending