The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Music Facilities in University of Leeds

Hey man, i'll be starting my course in Leeds in a few months. I was just wondering if there are any music facilities (piano especially) available for non-music students in the university? or anywhere nearby? Would love a piano i could use, even meet people with the same interests. Thank!
Original post by roseswhatdoesitm
Hey man, i'll be starting my course in Leeds in a few months. I was just wondering if there are any music facilities (piano especially) available for non-music students in the university? or anywhere nearby? Would love a piano i could use, even meet people with the same interests. Thank!

I'll move this to the Leeds subforum :borat:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I'm hopefully starting at Leeds this year so I don't necessarily know much but what I do know is that there are music room facilities and piano's available as practise space in the Devonshire halls accommodation!! just a heads up! Also, I would believe the university has a lot of pianos as I saw on their website there is an article about Leeds gaining a new orchestral piano to add to their collection of over 100 in the music department!

Just as I know that the media department has countless camera's and equipment to rent I'm sure the music school has facilities for practise as well :smile:
Original post by roseswhatdoesitm

If you join the music society then you'll have the opportunity to use the practice rooms at the school of Music.

See more info about the School of Music facilities here: http://music.leeds.ac.uk/facilities/. Good luck with your coruse :smile:.
Original post by fifi.a
I'm hopefully starting at Leeds this year so I don't necessarily know much but what I do know is that there are music room facilities and piano's available as practise space in the Devonshire halls accommodation!! just a heads up! Also, I would believe the university has a lot of pianos as I saw on their website there is an article about Leeds gaining a new orchestral piano to add to their collection of over 100 in the music department!

Just as I know that the media department has countless camera's and equipment to rent I'm sure the music school has facilities for practise as well :smile:

That's wonderful news, thanks a ton!! I've heard about the Devonshire piano, but I'm allocated to Leodis instead :\
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
If you join the music society then you'll have the opportunity to use the practice rooms at the school of Music.

See more info about the School of Music facilities here: http://music.leeds.ac.uk/facilities/. Good luck with your coruse :smile:.

Will do! Thanks a lot for the kind advice!!
i'm starting in Leeds this year too and was wondering the exact same thing (I also play piano), I have no idea if they would let students who don't study music or aren't part of an ensemble to use the instruments, I'm really hoping they do because the "piano" i have at home sucks

edit: i've actually read the replies now nvm lol
Reply 7
Unfortunately, the piano practice rooms are only available for School of Music students. If you join the Leeds University Union Music Society (LUUMS) then you will may end up practicing at the School of Music as part of a LUUMS ensemble at specific scheduled times but not

Quick Reply

Latest