The Student Room Group

Girls - what makeup do you wear on a day-to-day basis?

So something that you put on daily - mascara, eyeliner, eyebrow liner, foundation, maybe a bit of lipstick? I sometimes put a bit of mascara on if I’m going out, but most of the time I wear nothing, cuz I don’t feel that bothered tbh.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It really depends on my mood sometimes I don’t put anything but a lot of the time I might put some concealer and B.B. cream than brush my brows and mascara. I also tend to put lipstick, it’s like my go to whenever I feel like wearing makeup and I do eyeshadow if I can be bothered tbh ahah cause it takes me a while.
Nothing, never worn makeup
Eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick are my go-to. If I feel up to it I'll do more.
Reply 4
Original post by CoolCavy

Who needs makeup when you have natural beauty :cute:
Well everyday I wear, primer, foundation, concealer, brows, highlight, contour, matting powder, eye shadow, mascara and setting spray. I rarely leave the house without any makeup
It depends on my plans for the day. Currently where I am now it's super hot so I'm only wearing mascara about 4 times a week, as foundation etc will just melt off my face.
Reply 7
Original post by Lowri.frncs
Well everyday I wear, primer, foundation, concealer, brows, highlight, contour, matting powder, eye shadow, mascara and setting spray. I rarely leave the house without any makeup

How long does it take to remove your makeup? One reason I don’t wear makeup that often is because I hate having to wipe off my mascara all the time, it’s a bit of an effort
Original post by Mystelle
Who needs makeup when you have natural beauty :cute:

sweet :hugs:

for me is kind of the opposite really, i feel that im kind of so unattractive that even if makeup made a difference it wouldnt be enough of one to justify the time and money that goes into makeup, plus if someone complimented me i would always just think that its not really 'me' they are complimenting if that makes sense. Not that i think that about other people, for most people it seems to be an enhancer of existing features, i feel like it would just be a mask for me. Plus i have no idea how to apply it :tongue:
How long does it take to remove your makeup? One reason I don’t wear makeup that often is because I hate having to wipe off my mascara all the time, it’s a bit of an effort

I have no 7 cream that makes my makeup super easy to wipe off, so it doesn’t take long
honestly depends on my mood of how much i put on, but i will always go out with mascara on

Thought I was the only one 😶
I'm actually scared to even try and apply mascara in case I poke my eye out 🌚
primer (but i can use this both with or without makeup), foundation, mascara, blush, bronze, a little highlight, lipstick
sometimes i wear eyeliner, brows, eyeshadow etc.
Don’t wear makeup anymore but I want to start. Maybe a little concealer and brows and lashes
Nothing.
Reply 15
if someone complimented me i would always just think that its not really 'me' they are complimenting, if that makes sense. i feel like it would just be a mask for me.

No it doesn’t make sense :tongue: you’re not “masking” your face at all by putting a bit of makeup on, you’re just enhancing your features, like what you say is the case for everyone else. So if you receive compliments when wearing makeup, there’s no reason to not believe that those compliments aren’t for you! :nah:
No it doesn’t make sense :tongue: you’re not “masking” your face at all by putting a bit of makeup on, you’re just enhancing your features, like what you say is the case for everyone else. So if you receive compliments when wearing makeup, there’s no reason to not believe that those compliments aren’t for you! :nah:

I think they make sense as I feel the same way; you see it as ‘enhancing your features’ but that’s still altering them. Your natural features don’t look like that, that’s what makeup does. It ‘Enhances’ your features to make them ‘look better’ because they didn’t originally look as good (that’s how it makes me feel anyways, I’m totally chill with peeps who wear makeup for whatever reason as it doesn’t hurt anyone and it makes peeps happy and I’ll always support that). I’ve never worn makeup of my own choice and never will, my cousin put it on me once and I hated my reflection because it wasn’t me; it was an alternate me with ‘less flaws’. I have bags under my eyes. I have sparse eyebrows. I have acne scars. I have small lips and small eyes. I have an uneven skin tone. I have an extremely unsymmetrical face. But all those things are me, even though I do find them ugly lmao
It depends on how much I can be bothered. If I'm going out for the day to someplace nice, I'll probably eyeline my eyes then use mascara, concealer under eyes and spots, blush and highlight. Sometimes I will use nude eyeshadow like naked 3 but it depends.

If I'm going out for the night I'll wear foundation and false lashes along with the other stuff mentioned.

Although, it's good to be natural sometimes.
I have very slight marks on my face because I used to have acne so I use small amount of mineral powder foundation to even out my skin tone. If I really need to (like if I have a lovely big spot or something) then I add a bit of concealer.

Apart from that I have an eyebrow pencil which I don't actually use for my eyebrows (it just looks wrong. Even when it's done right with a blonde pencil it looks too much on my face) but I use the brush on the end to neaten them then use the pencil as eyeliner because I don't like the look of eyeliner on me but like a little bit of definition (you know you're pale when you use a blonde eyebrow pencil as eyeliner...).

I sweep bronzer over the top of my forehead, cheekbones, nose and eyes then add a bit of peachy/pink lipgloss.

When I was younger I was into the full face look (black eyeliner, mascara, lipstick every day) but that was more because I had bad skin a was insecure. These days I'm working more on skin health and a more natural look.
(edited 5 years ago)
Every day to work I either don’t wear any or just some powder and blush if I look a bit pale.

At the weekends if I’m not doing anything or just doing chores I won’t put any on. If I’m going out I’ll put on some foundation and mascara. For nights out I usually add in eyeliner/eyeshadow and lipstick and also contour.

Quick Reply

Latest