The Student Room Group

Home Office AO Roles in Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

It’s such a long process😩 I only received my vetting forms last week so sent them off straight away...guessing I won’t find out for another month which is frustrating!
Original post by Claireylee
I got my provisional offer on 13th April, cleared security on 22nd May and got the 7th June, so it's been a loooong process haha!

I didn’t get my provisional offer until 11th May, that may be why! My assessment centre was 7th April. I’m guessing I’ll start a month after you
Reply 42
Hi everyone! I got a provisional offer for this AO position on 11th May 2018 and I'm still waiting to hear if I passed the pre-employment checks. Although I did get a call from a lady at the home office a couple of days ago asking me if I could take a more recent utility bill down to the office as the one I took down to the assessment day was now out of date.

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back?
Original post by bmks
Hi everyone! I got a provisional offer for this AO position on 11th May 2018 and I'm still waiting to hear if I passed the pre-employment checks. Although I did get a call from a lady at the home office a couple of days ago asking me if I could take a more recent utility bill down to the office as the one I took down to the assessment day was now out of date.

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back?

Yes still me! They rang me yesterday to ask me one more security question so I’m hoping it will be soon we find out!
Reply 44
Original post by lorenmariex
Yes still me! They rang me yesterday to ask me one more security question so I’m hoping it will be soon we find out!

Oh god me too! The wait is killing me haha!
Reply 45
I've emailed a couple of times to ask when we can expect to hear but not had a reply as of yet
Original post by bmks
I've emailed a couple of times to ask when we can expect to hear but not had a reply as of yet

It said on the vetting forms it takes approximately 40 days. But I’m hoping it won’t take that long haha. Hopefully we’ll find out this week coming, if you hear anything let me know and I will do if I hear anything
Reply 47
It said on the vetting forms it takes approximately 40 days. But I’m hoping it won’t take that long haha. Hopefully we’ll find out this week coming, if you hear anything let me know and I will do if I hear anything

Yeah I will do.

That's weird, none of my forms said anything about 40 days. It just said on the provisional offer 'We will contact you via e-mail to confirm when all checks are complete.' Hope I've done everything right haha!
Original post by bmks
Yeah I will do.

That's weird, none of my forms said anything about 40 days. It just said on the provisional offer 'We will contact you via e-mail to confirm when all checks are complete.' Hope I've done everything right haha!

Have you not been given your vetting forms yet? When I got my provisional offer they sent me a load of forms which I thought were my vetting ones....then about 3 weeks ago they sent me a link via email with a login and that was my actual vetting forms which said about the 40 days.
Reply 49
Have you not been given your vetting forms yet? When I got my provisional offer they sent me a load of forms which I thought were my vetting ones....then about 3 weeks ago they sent me a link via email with a login and that was my actual vetting forms which said about the 40 days.

When I got my provisional offer, there were 5 attachments on the email and that's all I've had.

I did send an email to check whether everything had been received and I got a reply 1st June that my forms have been received and that if they require any further information a member of of the pre employment checking team will contact me.

I then had a call from a lady at the office this week asking me to take in an up to date utility bill.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by bmks
When I got my provisional offer, there were 5 attachments on the email and that's all I've had.

I did send an email to check whether everything had been received and I got a reply 1st June that my forms have been received and that if they require any further information a member of of the pre employment checking team will contact me.

I then had a call from a lady at the office this week asking me to take in an up to date utility bill.

Yeah I received those 5 forms at the beginning too! Then I received that online login with loads of vetting questions. I even had the home office ring me up to see if I had received this. You may want to contact and ask them.

Have other people on this forum received an online account for vetting?

I think it’s such a long process, I want to know what’s happening haha.
Original post by bmks

Also when was your assessment centre? Mine was 7th April
Reply 52
Also when was your assessment centre? Mine was 7th April

Oh god, yeah I'm going to contact them tomorrow. Do you have a contact number or anything? I've not had much luck getting replies via email recently.

Mine was 26th March!
Original post by bmks
Oh god, yeah I'm going to contact them tomorrow. Do you have a contact number or anything? I've not had much luck getting replies via email recently.

Mine was 26th March!

I’ve got a feeling they do it when all the checks have been done at each stage...has you sent them your utility bill yet? As that could be holding up things! I think further back in this forum somebody put an email address to contact but I haven’t tried contacting them myself.
Reply 54
I’ve got a feeling they do it when all the checks have been done at each stage...has you sent them your utility bill yet? As that could be holding up things! I think further back in this forum somebody put an email address to contact but I haven’t tried contacting them myself.

Yeah I did think that. I wonder if they do it in order of who's top of the list. Who knows haha.

Yeah I have, I took it in a few hours after the lady called me last Tuesday. In fact I might try giving her a call if I don't get an email reply today or tomorrow.

I asked when I went down if there's a rough idea of timescales but no one seems to know haha
Original post by bmks
Yeah I did think that. I wonder if they do it in order of who's top of the list. Who knows haha.

Yeah I have, I took it in a few hours after the lady called me last Tuesday. In fact I might try giving her a call if I don't get an email reply today or tomorrow.

I asked when I went down if there's a rough idea of timescales but no one seems to know haha

I don’t think the Sheffield team do the security checks as I’ve recieved emails from people in Newcastle about the security checks! So who knows what’s happening haha! I have no idea who you could even contact to find out. I think once your first lot has been cleared they set you up online for vetting, but that’s just a guess. I just want to start already haha!
Reply 56
I don’t think the Sheffield team do the security checks as I’ve recieved emails from people in Newcastle about the security checks! So who knows what’s happening haha! I have no idea who you could even contact to find out. I think once your first lot has been cleared they set you up online for vetting, but that’s just a guess. I just want to start already haha!

Thanks for your help anyway! We'll get there eventually haha. I'm desperate to start now haha
Original post by lizzied124
Hey guys! I applied for the job in February and was successful ! My security check went though about 7 weeks ago now but I still haven’t heard anything has anyone else ? I have emailed several time but no response.

Hey, I’ve just received my start date, I passed my security checks 4 weeks ago and I applied for the job in February too! Hopefully it will come through for you soon, have you emailed the address that was put in this thread? That’s who I contacted and they got back to me the same day! Hope this helps
Hiya,

I had my assessment day on 7th April, received my provisional offer on 11th May and filled out all the forms and sent them off straight away and took my passport down the the office for them to photocopy and have still heard nothing. It’s so frustrating! Is anyone else in the same boat?
Thanks for the help I have emailed the address in the thread ! When is your start date ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending