The Student Room Group
Original post by Mayavalentine
Does the amount of content increase? Do you have to do more presentations?

Hi!

During a psychology masters, the content tends to increase slightly as the lecturers go into more depth and you're expected to do more reading to support your learning. During my masters year, I've had the same amount of modules as I did during my undergraduate though, so that part doesn't increase.

I've not actually done any presentations during my masters, but this may not be the same for all courses and universities. If you don't like presentations, you can always pick modules that don't assess you with a presentation.

I hope this helps! Any other questions, please ask!

Ruth:smile:
Student Ambassador/Psychology Masters Student
Original post by UniofReadingPG
Hi!

During a psychology masters, the content tends to increase slightly as the lecturers go into more depth and you're expected to do more reading to support your learning. During my masters year, I've had the same amount of modules as I did during my undergraduate though, so that part doesn't increase.

I've not actually done any presentations during my masters, but this may not be the same for all courses and universities. If you don't like presentations, you can always pick modules that don't assess you with a presentation.

I hope this helps! Any other questions, please ask!

How old are you and what did you study at undergraduate level? Also what psychology masters are you doing? :smile:
Reply 3
Clinical psychology and psychiatry are hard but MS in general psychology is easy and fun if you are interested.
Original post by Little Popcorns
How old are you and what did you study at undergraduate level? Also what psychology masters are you doing? :smile:

I'm 21 (22 this summer) and I did a straight psychology degree for undergraduate. I now study Clinical Aspects of Psychology!

Which course are you looking at?

Original post by UniofReadingPG
I'm 21 (22 this summer) and I did a straight psychology degree for undergraduate. I now study Clinical Aspects of Psychology!

Which course are you looking at?

Ah okay I did a law at undergrad so doing a psychology conversion course at the moment :smile:
Ah okay I did a law at undergrad so doing a psychology conversion course at the moment :smile:

Sounds like you've found where your passion could be! I think if you've studied in depth for a law degree, you'll be prepared for the level of work that is required of a masters and you'll also have a great amount of knowledge from the conversion course. If you feel you want to pursue the masters, I would really recommend it!

Good luck!

Hi! Since you have finished the conversion programme, would you mind sharing your learning experience and thoughts about the course? What is your suggestion and preparation before starting the course?
I will be going to apply for a psychology conversion course real soon, really looking forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks in advance!!

Latest