The Student Room Group

Why do guys say they like girls with less makeup then pick the ones with loads?

I can't seem to understand why loads of guys I know say they prefer the girls who wear less makeup and are less materialistic and fake etc. Then go for girls who are caked in makeup with fake tan, fake hair and fake nails.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I can't seem to understand why loads of guys I know say they prefer the girls who wear less makeup and are less materialistic and fake etc. Then go for girls who are caked in makeup with fake tan, fake hair and fake nails.

Because it makes them look better to say it.
Reply 2
Finding a parter is about making an effort, retaining a partner is about being genuine. A bit of conflict here but there is no mileage in being judgemental about it.
Tell me about it!

thats the one thing I notice time and time again. They all want 'natural' women but always end up dating/marrying the one completely plastered in it

So bloody annoying. and then they say women are indecisive
Tell me about it!

thats the one thing I notice time and time again. They all want 'natural' women but always end up dating/marrying the one completely plastered in it

I don’t care if you have make up or not. I would still love you if you are a nice person.
Reply 5
I know. same applies to guys who say they don't like b*tchy girls, only nice girls but then end up dating only b*tches because they are 'fun and exciting' whilst all the nice girls they rejected were 'boring'.

lesson learned: when a guy says something - it means the complete opposite!
Tell me about it!

Original post by Allie4
I know. same applies to guys who say they don't like b*tchy girls, only nice girls but then end up dating only b*tches because they are 'fun and exciting' whilst all the nice girls they rejected were 'boring'.

lesson learned: when a guy says something - it means the complete opposite!

But then, time and time again I hear girls saying 'he's such a jerk and treats me like ****' - only to go straight back to him. And saying 'why can't more guys be like you?' - and to then go out with guys the complete opposite. They then proceed to the first statement I mentioned.

Of course not all girls but I do see it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Im not a man but im going to make an educated guess.
Maybe i's because while wearing makeup increasing your sexual market place value, they want a girl who looks good or just as good when it's off as opposed to someone who e.g. looks like a 9 with it on then 6 with it off.
Also less/ no makeup makes a girl look more genuine, but at the end of the day less attractive which drives the initial stage of attraction.
That's just my guess anyway.
Maybe in that moment the faker option was easier.
Thing is, it's an ideal. However, the girls who are plastered in make-up, hair extensions, fake lashes etc. tend to be more forward with approaching guys, so these types of girls get snatched up more often. A lot of girls who whinge about being single and guys not approaching them, probably hasn't approached a guy in their lives. This is 2018, the whole notion or tradition of "the man must make the first move" should be dead like the notion of "man goes to work, woman stays home and cleans". died long ago.
Reply 10
Original post by Jack22031994
But then, time and time again I hear girls saying 'he's such a jerk and treats me like ****' - only to go straight back to him. And saying 'why can't more guys be like you?' - and to then go out with guys the complete opposite. They then proceed to the first statement I mentioned.

Of course not all girls but I do see it.

Fair point
Reply 11
boys don't understand makeup or even know when a girl is wearing makeup half the time. they don't know if you're wearing foundation, mascara or bronzer unless it's applied horribly.

might be lack of options also. most girls i know where makeup. indeed all the girls in my class look like the same person to me.
Reply 12
I don't have anything to say other than to never go on a date with a guy wearing loads of makeup because the next day whoa

Let them see you naturally first so they don't get shocked, makeup is a complete game changer only used it once for a wedding and I swear for the day I was slighty attractive 😨😨

I'm just playing 😂 but seriously makeup can do a lot 😂
Reply 13
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Thing is, it's an ideal. However, the girls who are plastered in make-up, hair extensions, fake lashes etc. tend to be more forward with approaching guys, so these types of girls get snatched up more often. A lot of girls who whinge about being single and guys not approaching them, probably hasn't approached a guy in their lives. This is 2018, the whole notion or tradition of "the man must make the first move" should be dead like the notion of "man goes to work, woman stays home and cleans". died long ago.

Although I'd feel bad coming here without saying something so I definitely agree with everything woody said 👌
Thank you I'm done piggybacking now 😂
It's the same reason why girls say they like nice guys but **** with f boys :smile:

Guys prefer makeup
Girls with many makeup shows they're insecure af about themselves - which shows they're not happy with themselves and who they are.
Can’t confirm. I’d just be happy to have a girl be interested in me. While she would look different with makeup on, to me, it wouldn’t make a huge difference to me.
(edited 5 years ago)
I mean, I don't see too many guys with girls who absolutely plaster themselves in makeup, to the point where it's painfully obvious. I know that a lot of guys don't like super long nail extensions on girls etc.
However, I do remember a post somewhere from a while back, where guys were asked if they preferred the "natural" look or the "make-up look" and they were also asked to provide examples. Almost all of the men said that they liked girls who didn't have to wear makeup at all and who had "natural beauty" and yet ALL of the examples that were provided featured women with makeup. Sometimes, it wasn't even subtle.

It seems that as long as a girl isn't wearing bright red lipstick or eye liner, suddenly to a guy, she's not wearing makeup. LOL. I don't think that many dudes can really differentiate.
It's more guys like girls who are more naturally attractive.

A girl isn't going to have makeup on when you wake up next to her - so it's good to be attracted to her without - rather than getting the shock of your life ahahahahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending