The Student Room Group

Schools stopping girls dress like girls...Isn't this inclusivity policy lovely...

Scroll to see replies

If you are male, or identify as male, wear trousers. If you are female, or identify as female, wear skirts. Simple enough, right?
Reply 2
Original post by Pantera Fan Club
If you are male, or identify as male, wear trousers. If you are female, or identify as female, wear skirts. Simple enough, right?

Clearly not simply enough for some people in our country.
I would imagine most school girls will be up in Arms about this s***.
The vast majority can wear trousers now if they choose to.
All that's happening is they're taking the choice away from the 99.9% of children.
An object lesson on how to piss off all the girls and guarantee the tiny minority of transgender ones get bullied even more.
(edited 5 years ago)
I suspect many teachers would rejoice at banning skirts. It would eliminate the constant war between them and the girls determined to see just how short their skirts can be.
I don't see what's so hard about uniforms. Why is it so hard to let kids wear shirts and shorts/skirts in the summer? Is that such a simple solution that no school seems to be able to come to the conclusion that they should probably do that?
Original post by TheMcSame
I don't see what's so hard about uniforms. Why is it so hard to let kids wear shirts and shorts/skirts in the summer? Is that such a simple solution that no school seems to be able to come to the conclusion that they should probably do that?

Or maybe just not have it at all.Plenty of schools on the continent do just fine without it.Better in fact.
Here's a better one. If you'd rather wear a skirt, wear one. If you prefer trousers, wear trousers. This is REGARDLESS OF YOUR BIOLOGICAL OR IDENTIFIED GENDER
Reply 8

Oh dear.

Over 40 secondary schools have succumbed to political correctness- if you look at formal business attire which many secondary schools and colleges prefer students to wear- men wear shirt tie and trousers and polished shoes at minimum a lot of wear blazers too, thats why secondary schools make males wear blazers, shirts and ties with trousers and a pair of polished black leather shoes. Girls traditionally have wore a blouse with a skirt and a pair of tights as business attire the same applies in schools only that they have to wear a blazer too. There is no such thing as gender neutral or gender fluid you are born as a male or a female.
Original post by Pantera Fan Club

Personally, I think that males and females should be able to choose between trousers and skirts. Free country etc. etc.
Original post by Aayush :)
Here's a better one. If you'd rather wear a skirt, wear one. If you prefer trousers, wear trousers. This is REGARDLESS OF YOUR BIOLOGICAL OR IDENTIFIED GENDER

What if I want to wear shorts REGARDLESS OF MY BIOLOGICAL OR IDENTIFIED GENDER
Transgender activists: “Don’t worry we don’t want to infringe on your own rights, we just want you to recognise ours”.

> Ban skirts for “inclusivity”.

Good job guys, good job.
Why are we catering for such a tiny minority. Surely the majority rule?
i hated wearing skirts, idk why girls cant wear trousers if they want. As soon as i was in sixth form i was in a trouser suit and have never worn a skirt or dress since (cant anyway now cos scarring on my legs)
trousers are practical for everyone, skirts are a pain in the arse and then you have all that business with tights and whatnot and ankle length socks and jesus christ
Original post by Andrew97
Why are we catering for such a tiny minority. Surely the majority rule?

> Democracy is such a great system we should apply it to everything
If the skirts were banned due to discipline problems then it would be fair enough..
(edited 5 years ago)
The slow destruction of gender norms continues (also a dark day for aesthetics from a teenage boy point of view).

"The best way to control a people is to take a little of their freedom at a time."
Adolph Hitler
Pre-War
Original post by AngeryPenguin
> Democracy is such a great system we should apply it to everything

What point are you trying to make?
Original post by Andrew97
What point are you trying to make?

Trousers are impractical in hot weather, skirts are impractical in cold weather.

It makes sense to allow a third choice of shorts, which is still not an option in many schools.
how progressive.... i for one think it's further example of how much the "patriachy" will always triumph.... now everyone will wear trousers!!!

hahahaha....bloody idiots

Quick Reply

Latest